• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you doing?Either at home,work or somewhere.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Working on the second draft of Shadow & Flame. Don't know if I'll wind up doing any developmental edits this time around, but hopefully if there are any in need of doing, I'll manage now, instead of a draft or three from now. (Also still making cross-reference notes where applicable, and possibly picking up where I left off with the cyberpunk story on the days between S&F work).

Also enjoying a cup of coffee and some music while I work.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Spent the afternoon watching "Kingsglaive" the prequel CGI movie to Final Fantasy XV.

My general impression was that it was pretty good and the two hours flew by. The whole CGI faces took a little getting used to but overall it worked with only a few minor characters falling into uncanny valley. There was a couple moments where the special effects got a little hard to follow with so many flashes but thankfully they were very brief. The story was simple but felt like a prelude to a much larger epic - the post credits scene practically screamed "Go play the game!" :tongue:

Dammit Sean Bean, stop dying in every role you play! :D

Nyx was a pretty cool character, though I was already spoiled that he doesn't appear in the game itself so the second Luna talked about power being granted "not to those who seek it but those who deserve it" I knew he was going to sacrifice himself to stop the Dark Knight. Still was pretty awesome though.

Regis was an interesting character, torn between protecting his people and protecting the future. Luna was pretty impressive, I had assumed she would just be the damsel in distress but she put her neck on the line several times to help out the other characters.

That climax though, with the statues coming to life to defeat the massive Daemon and Nyx swordfighting the Dark Knight on top of the two behemoths as they did battle was just spectacular.

ll in all, a solid movie that gets a solid 7/10. I plan on starting FFXV soon so please no spoilers. ^_^b

Dark Drakan

Admin
At work, was going to pick up RDR2 before I started but couldnt find my bank card this morning after searching house for 25mins (wife borrowed it yesterday & couldnt find her purse). Going to have to pick it up after work and start the installation process, probably wont get chance to play until next week however.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just got back from an impromptu dog party in the field across from my house, and now I'm just doing some editing on S&F while the pup snoozes (apparently trying to keep up with all the grown-up dogs was too much for him, lol).

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Finished editing the second draft of S&F yesterday, so currently focusing on Static (working title for the Cyberpunk story). Mostly putting together a very loose outline between actual bits of writing.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Just got back from dinner in memory of my great grandfather. He died a long while back, but today would have been his 91 birthday. Now I'm settling in to do a bit of writing before bed.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just spent the last hour (plus) sending out queries to Indie book reviewers. Now I'm going to have some lunch, do the dishes, and debate whether sweeping and mopping is absolutely necessary today. x_x

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Engaged in a game with friends, basically it's a murder mystery challenge where the GM constructs a series of impossible murders in a setting and we're the plucky investigators who have to solve it.

Perfect for a mystery genre enthusiast such as myself. :happy:

Top Bottom