• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
[DUDEBRO] Look at that! Longest killstreak! How about that? Aliens vs Predators my ass! There's no "vs"! I'm a beast! I'ma tear you all up! Human scum! Alien scum! F*cking Marines even ragequitted, you call yourself Marines?! Cause I was ripping their spines off, I took them as a trophy! Predator rulez!!! [/DUDEBRO]

sz7taf.jpg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
RE.HD Remake. I'm really digging this game, like a lot. It's the same vibe I got from the og DMC and I think that's a big part of why I'm playing it so much.

I had a look at it on Youtube and the remaster seems to be done really well. Confirm?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I had a look at it on Youtube and the remaster seems to be done really well. Confirm?
Absolutely. The HD remake is just an HD upgrade of the GameCube remake that was made by Shinji Mikami himself so it's very much an upscale on all parts of the original so it retained that feel of the game, plus they re-recorded the audio of the actors and reanimated the whole thing. The HD remake itself, from what I've been told, added a DMC1 style analog control for the the stick and the D-pad retains the tank controls so you have the option of both. The graphical upgrade is all around superb with a lot of spots that look great and at worst looking decent. The CG cutscenes look rough and extrapolated, like they do on the DMCHD Collection, and just like the issues there plenty of things still retain the 3:4 screen ration, like the inventory screen, the save screen and all menus, couldn't be helped, but I guess since I put up with it in DMCHD it wasn't such a shock here, nor as noticeable. From what I've seen there is no real differences between the PS3 or 4 versions so it's about what you got or what controller you prefer.

I think, personally, that the reason why they pulled it off so well here, unlike the many flaws of the DMCHD, was because Capcom themselves made it. They took the time to be detailed and put that little extra work to replace the parts that didn't upscale gracefully and made much of it with other methods. I saw their behind the scenes for this on youtube and I saw that what they did for the game so I know they did for it. I just wish they'd done DMC in house, even if it was only one game at a time.

JPunxR

Devil Punter
Devil May Cry 4, DMD mode.

Mission 3 and I could already tell this game is just getting... interesting.
(I never expected myself to even beat Son of Sparda, but I guess I improve through age, in a way)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Lemmings, the very first title in the franchise. And even though I haven't played it in over 20 years, I can still remember how to do each level.

Or not, as the case so often is. I actually suck at Lemmings.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Currently playing Xanadu:Next an odd diablo clone from Falcom.
I was also planning to play that.. but now i just don't want to play any of tim Schafer's games after his political drama.
I dunno. If i love game I probably won't care that much about who made it :D

berto

I Saw the Devil
i was off work early yesterday so i played dmc definitive and after i called a friend and we played revelations 2. today, though, i think i'll play the assignment.

KRSkull

Lemmings, the very first title in the franchise. And even though I haven't played it in over 20 years, I can still remember how to do each level.

Or not, as the case so often is. I actually suck at Lemmings.

Oh haven't heard that game in a really long time. I remember there was this really frustrating level where you have to save all of them by making them all diging downward skill.

Currently i am playing billiards on Gamezer.com

Top Bottom