• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Currently playing DMC 3 in Royalguard style...Man is it a pain in the a** to use. It's all about timing and I suck at it ; ;. I do have to say though...the first Vergil fight was fun, beat him down soo fast XD :D

Sin Scythe

Blessed by Death
Premium
Well, nothing ATM, but I'm making my way through DmD in DMC4, making levels on LittleBigPlanet and killing peeps on Team Fortress 2. ;)

Vampi

Going to get Sengoku Basara 3 this week (English version). Playing with ugly Vergil wannabe Mitsunari Ishida with his Iaido and Dark Slayer style. Exciting :)

Meg

Terra's story in BBS. I gotta say, doing everything once was fun, twice was still cool, but three times? I'm getting bored already and I'm only on the second world. Ugh.

aka958

Don't trust people
Angelo Credo;282015 said:
Crysis.
Not that it's a good game or anything, I just like to play it every now and then to remind myself that I can.

Proud of your computer? XD

___

Just played Unreal Tournament 3 for kicks. Now starting Final Fantasy XIV to go hunt for someone that sells a god damn spear. <.<

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
aka958;282044 said:
Proud of your computer? XD

___

Just played Unreal Tournament 3 for kicks. Now starting Final Fantasy XIV to go hunt for someone that sells a god damn spear. <.<

Considering the system specs of my laptop, I'm damn proud of it. Also works miracles for LAN parties. :lol:

What's FFXIV like by the way? Is it actually any good? I mean...I'm not a huge MMO kinda guy, but it looked interesting at the least.

aka958

Don't trust people
Angelo Credo;282058 said:
Considering the system specs of my laptop, I'm damn proud of it. Also works miracles for LAN parties. :lol:

What's FFXIV like by the way? Is it actually any good? I mean...I'm not a huge MMO kinda guy, but it looked interesting at the least.

That must be great.

FFXIV is really great, but it gets alot of undeserved hate because of it's lack of content, some copy pasted terrain and other stuff.
I can't comment on the lack of content because I'm just level 14 and stuff but the copy pasted terrain just doesn't bother me.

The biggest pro's of the game so far(IMO):
Armory system
Music
Graphics
Design

The armory system is the class system, which let's you switch classes with ease and also mix classes abilities to make a character you like.

The music is great, like all past FF's. I'm glad Nobuo Uematsu did the soundtrack for this game.

The graphics are top notch, bla bla bla, it's an FF game.

The design makes every character look good in their own way, every mob you meet outside town look quite detailed, and the environment as well.

The biggest con's so far (IMO):
Server lag
Annoying UI
Bazaar system

The lag on the servers makes the user interface even worse as you navigate through the menu's. Waiting an additional second every window is annoying because of the UI's many windows.

The user interface is not optimized in any way. You have to click on the menu, then on "Gear&Attributes" then on the selected item to just see it's durability. That's just one example of the UI. Resetting and changing skills is also annoying because of the time it takes between confirmations.

The bazaar system is practically the auction house where you can find and buy stuff from other characters. In this game crafting is really big and thus weapons and armors are not dropped from monsters and are rarely a reward in a levequest. Then you got the really fun bazaar to run through! Where all players set out NPC's to sell their stuff, sounds good, right? Wait! What is this! 90% of all the players sell crap, you have to look at each and everyone one of them one at a time to get what you want and there is no search function. You even have to target a NPC who sells, then go to the menu, then click browse to look through their wares.
I've been wanting a better spear than my level 1 spear for long but spending countless hours just hoping the next NPC has one at a reasonable price is just... boring.

There, those are my thoughts on the game. This dude at IGN tells a little more if you want to know more:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/112/1123824p1.html

Although since it is an MMO who've just launched I hope Square will fix the bazaar system, the user interface, and most bugs and glitches in the game.

I got to add one thing, I once went out with a couple of friends exploring the other regions of the game. The game looks breathtaking, the areas are stunning, the music is awesome.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Well, ta for the info, I reckon I'll probably wait a few months for a few patches to be released before I think about looking into it.

aka958

Don't trust people
Angelo Credo;282081 said:
Well, ta for the info, I reckon I'll probably wait a few months for a few patches to be released before I think about looking into it.

Yeah... You should probably do that.
Plus the game isn't very informative about many things. In the beginning you'll be clueless and it'll take some time to get everything straight.
The PS3 version is to be released Mars 2011, by then I think everything will be alot more fixed.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I want to try FFXIV since all my friends from FFXI are moving onto it, but I'm not entirely sure. It looks great but I'm not entirely sure I like how it plays though from what you said and from what I've read as well.

Top Bottom