• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Dr. Cheesesteak

The final week before Street Fighter 6 and Diablo 4 drop and likely take over 95% of my gaming time for at least a month or two. Recently and for the rest of the week, I have been playing and will play:

Coffee Talk 2
Planet of Lana
Batman - The Telltale Series
Returnal
Have a Nice Death
Darkest Dungeon 2
The Last Spell

It's a focus on just chill narrative games (top 3) and roguelikes/lites (bottom 4). I probably should try to add some time to my bigger backlog games like FF12 or a couple Yakuza games. But I think I wanna just relax this week before I go balls deep into SF6 and D4. Yeah, roguelikes/lites are "chill" games for me. Well, I do still get angry, so maybe "chill" is the wrong term lol. But I just don't have this sense of like self-induced stress or pressure to finish them ASAP.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ghost recon breakpoint and like a dragon ishin on xbox series X, mafia 3 and tlou2 on ps5 and legend of zelda tears of the kingdom on switch oled

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Saw Dark Souls 3: Special Edition real cheap in a sale and so I've descended into my second ever souls-like game. I don't know what it was about Sekiro that gave me conniptions, but in comparison I am flying through this game. I beat Gundyr on my first try and even Sword Master and Vordt only took a couple of runs before I defeated them handily. Despite not having played the prior DS games and thus not always recognizing references, I am definitely more invested in the lore and NPCs than I was with Sekiro. My only real criticism is that the game doesn't explain all of its mechanics very well, some things I literally stumbled into using such as Summons.

Overall good stuff so far. Not sure which ending I'll shoot for but that'll be a long way off since I aim to do as many side-quests as possible.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Lies of P demo

I played FF8's beginning last night. It was pretty fun and a blast from the past. I'm hoping it gets remade next. ;)

I'm stuck on Akechi's boss fight in P5.

Last edited:

Dr. Cheesesteak

So, my main gaming time for the past couple weeks has been these 2 games:

Diablo IV
Street Fighter 6

But I'm close to finishing D4's campaign and am not 100% sure if I want to grind to endgame. But for now, I've started up the following games to fill in play time:

Persona 3 Portable
Dordogne
Amnesia: The Bunker
Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly
Batman - The Telltale Series

Meg

AC Valhalla. It’s certainly one of the games of all times. Alao playing Mafia and Trackmania (PS5).

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
AC Valhalla. It’s certainly one of the games of all times.
Coincidentally, I have been playing AC Syndicate in my spare time.

Man, going back to these older titles is rough in places, particularly the parkour - when it isn't as stiff as an old board, the protagonist is constantly grabbing onto things I don't want them to. Jacob Frye is one of the most insufferable MC's I've ever had the displeasure of playing as. Furthermore, the whole RPG and gang warfare elements really aren't my cup of tea and just distract from the stealth. I won't even dignify the fact that they put Karl Marx into the game as an ally.

As I wait for Mirage, I could really do with a good stealth video game to sink my teeth into. :(

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020

Man, going back to these older titles is rough in places, particularly the parkour - when it isn't as stiff as an old board, the protagonist is constantly grabbing onto things I don't want them to. Jacob Frye is one of the most insufferable MC's I've ever had the displeasure of playing as. Furthermore, the whole RPG and gang warfare elements really aren't my cup of tea and just distract from the stealth. I won't even dignify the fact that they put Karl Marx into the game as an ally.

As I wait for Mirage, I could really do with a good stealth video game to sink my teeth into. :(
You should play the styx games, or thief or even some deus ex, mgs and splinter cell are great for that stealth fix too @Lain

Meg

So I am currently (re)playing all the AC games. I finished Syndicate about a month ago after playing it to death. I actually really like Jacob for being such a cheesy, dumb goof. I have a lot of fun with him. His voice actor does an excellent job as well. I like the parkour in Syndicate as well for taking what worked in Unity but then simplifying it so it works properly. It’s a nice hybrid between pre-Unity parkour and Unity.

Of the classic games, Unity is actually the only one I haven’t replayed yet. I haven’t played Origins or Odyssey yet, but decided to jump right to Valhalla because I thoroughly enjoyed the Golden City novel, and wanted to learn more about Hytham and Basim. Turns out they are barely in Valhalla at all, but smacking people around with a two-handed axe is fun. So that’s something.

One of the things I love most about AC is how widely different every fans’ opinion is. I could spend hours talking to another fan about the franchise without agreeing once.

On the other hand, opinions on DMC have a lot of consensus. Most people appreciate 1, dislike 2, and like/love 3,4, and 5. The reboot is the only game that’s split, but that’s such old news at this point. Meanwhile every single AC game has at least one person who puts it as their favorite and another who has it as their least favorite. Which is wild to me.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
One of the things I love most about AC is how widely different every fans’ opinion is. I could spend hours talking to another fan about the franchise without agreeing once.

On the other hand, opinions on DMC have a lot of consensus. Most people appreciate 1, dislike 2, and like/love 3,4, and 5. The reboot is the only game that’s split, but that’s such old news at this point. Meanwhile every single AC game has at least one person who puts it as their favorite and another who has it as their least favorite. Which is wild to me.
I suppose the obvious answer would be that AC has been running continuously for so long and has evolved so much that it's gained a periphery demographic. Like for example, I know a few people who started the franchise with Odyssey and needless to say they have very different expectations as to what an AC game is like compared to an old fart like me that started with the original game. o_O

Reactions: Meg
Top Bottom