• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Doom Eternal
Octopath Traveler
Doom 64 (^ Because I had enough money left over from the purchase of Octopath Traveler, I prefer to play it on PS4, I'm not a fan of the Switch Joy Con, but I bought both games in case I need to entertain myself while traveling, or when someone else is occupying the main TV.)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Ghost Recon Breakpoint and I love it so much...although I do miss my favourite sniper rifle from Wildlands.

Still can't fly a plane or drive properly.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"Batman: Arkham Knight" AKA Batmobile the game.

A disappointing conclusion to an otherwise great series. Both Scarecrow and the Arkham Knight were lame villains, the Joker subplot was stupid, and screw having to collect all of the Riddler trophies to get the ending.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The Arkham knight fight, or sorry lack of a fight was such bs in that game

Could have been an incredible h2h encounter

Just like the deathstroke encounter was a huge letdown too

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Lain
Let's not act like Arkham Asylum and City's villain weren't lame as well. Aka steroid Joker and Ra's Al Boring (would have been way better if Strange was the actual main villain the whole time... talk about stupid sublopts and twists).

In the face of that, and the fact that AK has the most refined gameplay of the four games, I think it definitely is the best game in the series. I also don't care what anybody says, the Batmobile would be a complaint of mine, if it wasn't fun as all heck.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
@Lain
Let's not act like Arkham Asylum and City's villain weren't lame as well. Aka steroid Joker and Ra's Al Boring (would have been way better if Strange was the actual main villain the whole time... talk about stupid sublopts and twists).

In the face of that, and the fact that AK has the most refined gameplay of the four games, I think it definitely is the best game in the series. I also don't care what anybody says, the Batmobile would be a complaint of mine, if it wasn't fun as all heck.
Arkham Knights was an ok game, it was good, but "refined" is a bit of a stretch. Arkham City is the best in the series. The game design as a whole was refined from Asylum. It kept you wanting to play more. In Arkham Knight the driving was cool, but it took - you, the player - away from the whole Batman experience, including the fights.

However, I think the batmobile was put in not just because WB said "put it in," but I have a feeling that players (their customers) wanted vehicle driving. Thing is though, it could've been like an option, rather than making it forced upon you. It seems like every mission is designed around the batmobile. So much, they forgot what made Arkham City so legendary.

Oh, and Joker in both Asylum and City was sublime. Whatchoo talkin' about!? Especially City... Joker was like the deepest evil villain in there... and his minions was a great experience to battle against. Thing is, though, I agree they could've switched it up a bit. Which they did in the second half of City, and into Knight.

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Origins is actually my favourite boss wise

Criminally underrated game

Knight had the best gameplay
I do like Knight's gameplay, but I still maintain that it's not as refined as City. In my opinion they ruined the controls here and there. I remember being confused and frustrated with the controls. Especially when fighting with one or multiple enemies.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Eaaaasily, with its expanded moveset which made both the predator and brawling playstyles more fun and varied than ever before in the series.

I couldn't agree more, really made you feel like a ninja at points too lol

The triple counters were absolutely incredible too

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Arkham Origins is the best game in the series and that's the hill I've chosen to stand upon.
If it were just the gameplay, I'd actually agree with you. But sadly the plot of Origins was sorely lacking, despite the promising premise. :unsure:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
RDR2-
I liked how they put the most wholesome mission(the house building one with uncle, john and charles) right next to the most gruesome (charles and john versus the skinner brothers).

Granted it is fun to use a machete against them when they run up to you. Its like a sword duel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom