• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Moondivider

www.tablehopper.deviantart.com
Premium
Whoa whoa whoa little penguin! What are you saying, there are no predator encounters in AK whatsoever? o_O

I've played through the game several times. There's actually plenty both in the main quest and in side missions xP

Edit: Sorry, Shadow! Not trying to be rude, but I felt I had to butt in on this one.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Whoa whoa whoa little penguin! What are you saying, there are no predator encounters in AK whatsoever? o_O

In my opinion, not enough. There's only two or three in the main plot line, though, yes, there are a larger number in the side missions. Still, coming off of Origins where there were a ton of predator missions, I feel like I'm not getting hardly any. Erm...not getting hardly any predator encounters, I mean. They're my favorite part of the game, too. T-T -likes to sit ad play mind games with the thugs and slooooooooowly pick them off-

I've played through the game several times. There's actually plenty both in the main quest and in side missions xP

Edit: Sorry, Shadow! Not trying to be rude, but I felt I had to butt in on this one.

Don't worry about it, it's your opinion and it's good for their to be multiple views on the game. ^^ Personally, I wanted more of the predator stuff, but I'm glad you were happy with the amount there was. =)

--

Still working on my new game + of AK. It's slow going cuz my game keeps glitching, but still fun. Never realized how much I missed not having counter icons until I had didn't have them again. -happy-

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I wanted to know purely out of curiosity, not to question anyone's opinion. You know, cause I don't have the game.

Moondivider

www.tablehopper.deviantart.com
Premium
In my opinion, not enough. There's only two or three in the main plot line, though, yes, there are a larger number in the side missions.-

Shadow... I really don't know if you're trolling now. 2 or 3? Really?

Again, not trying to be rude, but this absolutely baffles me. It's like you haven't played it. It's not my opinion when it's straight fact that there's plenty more than two or three.

The tutorial one, 2 at ace chemicals (3 if you count the minor one), two at the clocktower. Miagani has one.
Theres at least two on founders in the city, then three at staggs airships, one outside the movie studios, one inside the movie studios, one where you first break into Penguins weapons cache that later becomes a side mission, 2 in a row in the abandoned mall.
That's just off the top of my head, and yes, all main game. If all that plus all the ones in the sidemissions still isn't enough for you, then that is your opinion, yes. But barely any? Come on.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Shadow... I really don't know if you're trolling now. 2 or 3? Really?

Im sorry. Again, not trying to be rude, but this absolutely baffles me. It's like you haven't played it. It's not my opinion when it's straight fact that there's plenty more than two or three.

The tutorial one, 2 at ace chemicals (3 if you count the minor one), two at the clocktower. Miagani has one.
Theres at least two on founders in the city, then three at staggs airships, one outside the movie studios, one inside the movie studios, one where you first break into Penguins weapons cache that later becomes a side mission, 2 in a row in the abandoned mall.
That's just off the top of my head, and yes, all main game. If all that plus all the ones in the sidemissions still isn't enough for you, then that is your opinion, yes. But barely any? Come on.

I'm not trolling you, so please don't assume I am. Perhaps I should have said that it felt like two or three. Most of the predator missions were either lumped together so it felt like a single encounter or were so short that they didn't leave an impact. Again: this is just my opinion. I've already said it a few times, but it didn't feel like enough to me.

Captain Xin

Anybody heard of Bungie's "Marathon"?
http://www.shacknews.com/article/86369/the-original-bungie-trilogy-a-marathon-retrospective
latest

It's an FPS series that's widely compared to their smash hit "Halo", with great narrative, satisfying weaponry, and a fantastic Universe for you to explore.

And it's free! Bungie had released the entire Marathon Trilogy as freeware years ago!

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
Okay, I've been playing PSN's free game of the month last month, Rocket League. It's really fun! haha! What's not to like about cars and football! :woot:

Frazz

General gamer
I'm not trolling you, so please don't assume I am. Perhaps I should have said that it felt like two or three. Most of the predator missions were either lumped together so it felt like a single encounter or were so short that they didn't leave an impact. Again: this is just my opinion. I've already said it a few times, but it didn't feel like enough to me.
I get where you are coming from. One of my main complaints is that most of the gameplay happens outside meaning that everything is less controlled so the only predator sections that actually feel like predator sections are the bank missions which are indoors and more controlled. I like the game but I think City was the best blend of linearity and open-world sandbox you can get.

DieCobros

Just finished Castlevania Chronicles on PS1, it's the first CV I've ever actually completed! I finished Arrange Mode, which tweaks the game to make it a bit more balanced. Now onto Original Mode, where I'm sure I'll get rekt many more times.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
well i just got PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+

this game is like srhooms cocaine and acid mixed together

i got all the achievements in 67 minutes but i still want to keep playing
it really really fun if you don't get a seizure

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium