• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

aka958

Don't trust people
Head off to the right, kill the archers on the bridge above it, then laugh maniacally as you toss magic or arrows down at it, as it's helpless to do anything to attack you.
Maniacal laughter is not optional.

Well... that works. If you have arrows or magic that is. <.<

I go hardcore with the knife, you know? I regret it all the time but hell, it works. :p

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
MK 9 - just mixing up fights in-game and in-reality, with friend whom I've just won. All this comebacks and X-Rays make him veeeery angry.
Still playing Yakuza 4 singing Karaoke with my custom lyrics over it, about one guy who intensionaly burned his house down. Lot's of lol's there.
Playing Ninja Gaiden 2 at my friend's place. Too bad that NSG2 owned by me is not that epic.
Now I'm waiting for my copy of Arkham City to arrive.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
999 (9 Doors, 9 Persons, 9 Hours) for the DS.

Awesome..... but I hate replaying to get the other endings T_T

Kammosjuttu

999 (9 Doors, 9 Persons, 9 Hours) for the DS.

Awesome..... but I hate replaying to get the other endings T_T

I love that game! I cleared all the endings in no time and was left craving for more... but there sure are a lot of surprises along the way, so it's recommended to play them all, even if you have to repeat some parts.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
Oh, I will! It’s just my game keeps crashing and I have to save every 5 minutes to save me from starting over and over again! It’s a shame you can’t just skip the doors you’ve already cleared on your second play through. I got a bad ending on my first go T_T
The story is brilliant, and the thing with the numbers is just genius!

Kammosjuttu

Oh, I will! It’s just my game keeps crashing and I have to save every 5 minutes to save me from starting over and over again! It’s a shame you can’t just skip the doors you’ve already cleared on your second play through. I got a bad ending on my first go T_T
The story is brilliant, and the thing with the numbers is just genius!

Oh my, never heard of NDS crashing down. 0_o Mine is a splendid worker.
Well, there are so many options going on that maybe they thought skipping isn't needed. Besides, when one speeds over the text at points already seen, it goes so quickly that it's ok.
I also got a bad ending at first (well, figures; you can't get the true ending at the first go), and for my bad luck the first ending I got was the worst; the f*cking submarine...!
But all in all, the story is brilliant (though, lol, as with everything, if it was a bit different at some little points, it'd be even better. But I'm not complaining.) and I like the math and science it throws at the player, even if they are very basic level stuff. Sometimes it's nice to use your brain instead of just whacking a hit button; I guess that's why I like Ace Attorney and Professor Layton games, too. That reminds me... I have Gyakuten Kenji 2 (=Miles Edgeworth Investogation 2) unfinished. I should get back to it.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
That reminds me... I have Gyakuten Kenji 2 (=Miles Edgeworth Investogation 2) unfinished. I should get back to it.

I am so jelly! :eek:
Phoenix Wright games are awesome! I miss them. Loved the characters in there! Especially Edgewroth (closet Steel Samurai fan boy :D)

Kammosjuttu

I am so jelly! :eek:
Phoenix Wright games are awesome! I miss them. Loved the characters in there! Especially Edgewroth (closet Steel Samurai fan boy :D)

Yeah! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney was my third DS game ever and I totally like the series even now! My favorite character is Edgeworth and that's why I saw the trouble to get the Gyakuten Kenji 2 from Japan in Japanese because it seems there are no plans to release it in English (which is not nice of them!). Closet Steel Samurai fan boy... hehe! He is funny. Even right in the start of Gyakuten Kenji 2 his obsession with Steel Samurai is bubbling up, haha. xD

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
Yeah! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney was my third DS game ever and I totally like the series even now! My favorite character is Edgeworth and that's why I saw the trouble to get the Gyakuten Kenji 2 from Japan in Japanese because it seems there are no plans to release it in English (which is not nice of them!). Closet Steel Samurai fan boy... hehe! He is funny. Even right in the start of Gyakuten Kenji 2 his obsession with Steel Samurai is bubbling up, haha. xD

It's not going to be released!? A little bit of me just died... I can't read Japanese but I must play it! I thought it was popular :( Wonder how that Phoenix Wright VS Professor Layton is coming along? Now that is a game that will be full of win! I really gotta stop with the silly internet lingo :confused:

Kammosjuttu

It's not going to be released!? A little bit of me just died... I can't read Japanese but I must play it! I thought it was popular :( Wonder how that Phoenix Wright VS Professor Layton is coming along? Now that is a game that will be full of win! I really gotta stop with the silly internet lingo :confused:

Augh, I've heard that they would not release Phoenix Wright VS Professor Layton in English, either...! But, hopefully there will be change to that. I've not read the latest news about it, but the last time was that "no English version" -crap. Whatever goes inside their heads? Well, I can be happy about it that I can read some Japanese. Like, I got to warn you: if you buy Gyakuten Kenji 2 in Japanese and can't read Japanese you will be utterly lost! Especially since there is this time based logic chess thing going on that requires quick Japanese reading and fast decisions.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
Augh, I've heard that they would not release Phoenix Wright VS Professor Layton in English, either...! But, hopefully there will be change to that. I've not read the latest news about it, but the last time was that "no English version" -crap. Whatever goes inside their heads? Well, I can be happy about it that I can read some Japanese. Like, I got to warn you: if you buy Gyakuten Kenji 2 in Japanese and can't read Japanese you will be utterly lost! Especially since there is this time based logic chess thing going on that requires quick Japanese reading and fast decisions.

Ye gods, now I'm really depressed. I was realllllly looking forward to that. Well, I have Japanese Coach on the DS :D

Kammosjuttu

Ye gods, now I'm really depressed. I was realllllly looking forward to that. Well, I have Japanese Coach on the DS :D

Japanese Coach? I've heard of that. Is it any good? Like, does it teach you anything useful or do you just go through kanas or something that simple?

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
Japanese Coach? I've heard of that. Is it any good? Like, does it teach you anything useful or do you just go through kanas or something that simple?

It's ok, didn't expect it to help much. I know a few words from watching way too much anime but I'm sure thats't now the best place to learn. Know nothing of the text which would be utterly uslesss in a game like Phoenix Wright, lol.

Also playing Point Blank for the DS. I thought it would be easy since you only have to tap, how wrong was I...

Kammosjuttu

It's ok, didn't expect it to help much. I know a few words from watching way too much anime but I'm sure thats't now the best place to learn. Know nothing of the text which would be utterly uslesss in a game like Phoenix Wright, lol.

Also playing Point Blank for the DS. I thought it would be easy since you only have to tap, how wrong was I...

Yep, that's how it usually is.
Well, when playing Phoenix Wright in Japanese there sure are a lot of words and word plays, so it's not beginners' stuff. There are a lot of moments when I am wondering "what the heck is this kanji here?" but I manage. But, some words you will automatically learn if you just tap-tap-tap the game forward, like "Igi ari!" (=objection).
I've played a lot of games in Japanese just because they have not been available in any other languages and it's very rewarding, too, and especially if you play the same game again after some time, you realize you then understand the stuff you didn't get the first time. Playing games is one way to learn languages, that was the way how I started to learn English, also.

Now I get the urges to play again Mushishi or Black Jack: Hi no Tori Hen for DS... in Japanese. Haha. There are too many games to play and too little time! xD

Top Bottom