• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are the chances that there will be a DmC2

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I would say its like Onimusha Dawn of Dreams so dont get your hopes high.
I heard Dawn of Dreams is quite the underrated Onimusha game. The Onimusha series is still one of my fav Capcom games. I played it and I enjoyed its story... Maybe DmC2 might be like DoD. But who knows? We all can't predict the future, you know?

Martius

SSSmokin!
I heard Dawn of Dreams is quite the underrated Onimusha game. The Onimusha series is still one of my fav Capcom games. I played it and I enjoyed its story... Maybe DmC2 might be like DoD. But who knows? We all can't predict the future, you know?
I like that game, but no Jean Reno and sales went down. Of course because of that Capcom is not using ip this whole generation.

MigsRZXAStylish

I like that game, but no Jean Reno and sales went down. Of course because of that Capcom is not using ip this whole generation.
I heard Onimusha 3 is the best Onimusha game. I played only 1, 2 and DoD, never 3. Oh, how I wish Capcom should release the entire Onimusha franchise in one HD Collection so I can re-experience it all over again...

Nelo The Great

Hm.

Well, games that have sold worse have been given sequels.

I don't think Capcom would let DmC2 simply rot away like they did with Megaman. I can see a DmC2 sequel being made when Capcom is in a better financial situation, and has more money to spend.

Also, what in the hell is going on in your sig? I really must know, those black things look cool as ****!
Let it rot away like megaman? They've already done soo much with megaman, even though he deserves waay more love. There's 9 megaman games, 8 x games, one command mission game, two legends games, four zero games, and two Xzero games. that adds up to 26 games in the past 25 years. not counting Streetfighter X megaman

Nelo The Great

One thing i'd like to see in more CAPCOM games is more playable characters. I'd like to see an instalment of DMC which features Zero as a playable character, Or Viewtiful Joe 3 with megaman as an unlockable character. Or even a new MMX instalment with dante and vergil as playable characters. Different playable characters always keeps games interesting for me, and i think CAPCOM should do more of them in their games

IncarnatedDemon

One thing i'd like to see in more CAPCOM games is more playable characters. I'd like to see an instalment of DMC which features Zero as a playable character, Or Viewtiful Joe 3 with megaman as an unlockable character. Or even a new MMX instalment with dante and vergil as playable characters. Different playable characters always keeps games interesting for me, and i think CAPCOM should do more of them in their games
I couldn't agree more. I would have loved a game with Trish.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah. that's why i want to have all of these great IPs, or at least be the director of their production. I've been a long time fan of games and i know just what a good game needs
**waves hand mysteriously**

Once, there was a man who wanted to direct a Flash Gordon movie. He wanted it so bad, that he would have done anything to do so. Unfortunately, this person never got a chance to get the IP. So, he directed a similar movie using his own IP.

He wasn't very fond of his own movie -- he would have loved directing FG so much more. But begrudgingly, he managed to finish it, and he became world-renowned for it.

Today this man is still world-renowned, but for all the wrong reasons.

jar-jar-4.gif

Should've stuck with Flash Gordon.

Moral of the story: Make a similar IP, but one that's different enough to not get sued. Also, don't run it into the ground like Capcom and Lucasfilm did.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I thought star wars was based off of TLoTR
Only partially. George Lucas grew up on the FG series, and it's presence in Star Wars is actually fairly obvious once you look for it. For the most part, it's based on that IP.

Here. You'll be able to make your own game (DMC-ish or otherwise) with this.

http://www.stencyl.com/

I can't promise that it'll be exactly like Muramasa: The Demon Blade, but you'll be able to create something that's at least on par with the old Ninja Gaiden NES series or the side-scrolling X-Men beat-em-up platforming games.

You can make a DMC game... you just can't sell it. And even if you gave it away for free, Capcom might still send you a cease-and-desist.

Anyway, it's not much, but hopefully this game creation program is easy enough for you to make something resembling your ideal (2D) action game.

So long.

Nelo The Great

Well, i've started a priject by watching a series of tutorial videos for gamemaker, and i'll porbably watch sprite animation tutorials after that

MigsRZXAStylish

I think that just proves that Capcom doesn't really listen to its fans. The closest thing we got was Vergil's moves slapped onto Dante's model in DMC4. Pure crap.
And that's why Dante's version of Dark Slayer is nothing compared to how Vergil wields Yamato in DMC3SE!

Don't forget that Capcom got all lazy by DMC4. They shouldn't have rushed its DMC dev team...

Top Bottom