• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are the chances that there will be a DmC2

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I still can't believe they thought Tomb Raider was a flop despite selling 3 million. I can only assume they spent a ton of money on it. Still it's good that game's getting a sequel, maybe that'll have a multiplayer I can jump into as well x3 I just wonder if that'll cut to years later or something with Lara being older.

As for DmC2, there's still stuff Capcom could do with it, plenty.

the few years later suggestion seems like a good idea for Lara and Dante because it could be a chance to inject some of the old series and not make it feel forced.

I didnt mean that there arent things left to do with DmC, just not sure there as a reason to choose it over DMC5 outside of personal preference.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
the few years later suggestion seems like a good idea for Lara and Dante because it could be a chance to inject some of the old series and not make it feel forced.

I didnt mean that there arent things left to do with DmC, just not sure there as a reason to choose it over DMC5 outside of personal preference.

Well, whenever you decide to make another installment in a series, the content you write for it won't really be affected by if you do it now or two years from now.

I don't think DmC is a story that would benefit from having its sequel take place so long after the first, though. There's a lot of very immediate problems to deal with, like visible demons, a possible civil war in Hell over who will reign over those demons, and then there's the fallen Vergil who is taking control of some of those demons (possibly adding to the civil war). Dante could establish his demon-hunting business with help from Kat as an intermediary, and they could address other things like where the hell the angels have been, and how they might be able to learn about or even find the banished Sparda.

With DMC5, we all know my thoughts on what they should do with it...
I think I've mentioned it before, and I don't have too much in my head right now, other than some basic points, but here goes...

DMC5 should be a total nod to the series as a whole, and possibly the best way to let it go out with a bang. It should have two full sides, a la DMC2 (not DMC4). According to Bingo's novelization of DMC4, after the events of the game, Nero started his own Devil May Cry to hunt for demons, but DMC5 should focus on actually telling us about Nero's origins, and thus most of Nero's side should comprise him searching for information on his origins, and ultimately learning how he's connected to Sparda. In the process of this, he would learn of inklings that the demon king Mundus is mounting a revival in Hell, which he learns of because he holds the true key to the demon world; Yamato, which demons have begun to seek out. This is all happening around the time that Dante is fighting Arius's forces in DMC2. Requiring some much needed help, Nero seeks out Dante, only to find Lucia waiting for his return, and here, Nero learns that Dante hasn't been seen for a while after he went to Hell - Nero knows what he's going to have to do...

On Dante's side, we've last seen him in DMC2's ending driving around Hell in a motorcycle, popping sweet wheelies into the sunset. Stuck in Hell, he's forced to fight off the demons that are still around, and in the process he is shown much of his past. The demons will pull at his memories, showing him things that players haven't known about, fleshing out Dante's character more, and even trying to explain his shift in mood between DMC4 and DMC2. Levels will be comprised of new places, as well as some old favorites as nods to his past exploits, like portions of Temen-ni-Gru and the castle on Mallet Island. We'll also get to hear more about a shifting leadership among the forces of Hell, as some demons who were sympathetic to Sparda have finally been able to stand up since Mundus was no longer around to silence them. So, Dante's story is comprised of his memories, learning more about himself, Sparda's legacy, and helping a sympathetic demon army rise against Mundus' remaining forces that are attempting to revive him. It ends up sort of like a reversal on the war for the throne we all know that got Lucifer and his followers cast out of heaven.

In the end, both sides culminate in Nero using Yamato's power to break open a seal to Hell, arriving fashionably on time to help Dante in the main assault against Mundus' forces. In the end, we've got Dante and Nero fighting against the newly revived Mundus, putting him down for good, and ending the series on a high note, where we know everything, and people can go out knowing they just experienced one of the craziest DMCs ever, and then go even crazier in Bloody Palace as Dante or Nero, or both in a co-op mode.

Gameplay features...I haven't thought of yet, but ChaserTech had some great ideas on that front :p I do think they should keep something similar to DmC for some of the controls, which...is really just making Dante play a little more like Nero, so that Aerial Rave and such are all on the same button :p

Aaaaaaaaaand...

And I just had a great idea for the "announcement trailer," where a guy with white, slicked back hair and a dark blue coat is following some guy as he runs away. The guy realizes he's cornered, and turns into a demon, but the white-haired man lets out the Devil Bringer and pulls it close, smashing it into things. The two fight and the Yamato appears out of the Devil Bringer's hand and the man slices up the demon's arms and legs. Then he grabs demon by the neck and pushes it into a wall, finally asking in Nero's angry growl "Where...is Dante...?" BAM cue Devil May Cry 5 titled card.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well, whenever you decide to make another installment in a series, the content you write for it won't really be affected by if you do it now or two years from now.

I don't think DmC is a story that would benefit from having its sequel take place so long after the first, though. There's a lot of very immediate problems to deal with, like visible demons, a possible civil war in Hell over who will reign over those demons, and then there's the fallen Vergil who is taking control of some of those demons (possibly adding to the civil war). Dante could establish his demon-hunting business with help from Kat as an intermediary, and they could address other things like where the hell the angels have been, and how they might be able to learn about or even find the banished Sparda.

Aaaaaaaaaand...

citizen_cane.gif

I actually really like that idea for DMC 5.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It brings a tear to my eye; for both how fabulous a sendoff it would be, and that it'll never happen the way I envision it.

Unless they bring me on to write it. Maybe I should get in touch with Gregaman... :p

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Maybe you should. I've had lots of ideas rolling around in my head too about sequels and even different interpretations of Devil May Cry. *le sigh* If I had the resources I would totally try to do a web series.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
of course i was joking...what? you think i just waltz around grabbin' boob every time i see it...?
judging_zps9a2d6707.jpg

M...Maybe. I thought you might've had some uncontrollable boob honking fetish invoked by hormones of testosterone dancing a two to tango through your veins, that inadvertively caused a chain reaction of a deadly shockwave to be channelled down your arms and out your fingertips, that in turn made your hands shoot up to the nearest reachable pair of norks, and which lead your friend down the road of revenge by twisting your jewels until the testosterone was gobbled up by the assassin female hormone, that later urged you to seek counselling by a balding fat man with glasses who was more focused on doodling boobies on his notepad, than listening to your traumatic story of when you nearly got castrated by your female friend, who you'd had a crush on since you first saw her in kindergarten shoving crayons up her nose.

Plausible, I think >.> <.<.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
M...Maybe. I thought you might've had some uncontrollable boob honking fetish invoked by hormones of testosterone dancing a two to tango through your veins, that inadvertively caused a chain reaction of a deadly shockwave to be channelled down your arms and out your fingertips, that in turn made your hands shoot up to the nearest reachable pair of norks, and which lead your friend down the road of revenge by twisting your jewels until the testosterone was gobbled up by the assassin female hormone, that later urged you to seek counselling by a balding fat man with glasses who was more focused on doodling boobies on his notepad, than listening to your traumatic story of when you nearly got castrated by your female friend, who you'd had a crush on since you first saw her in kindergarten shoving crayons up her nose.

Story of my life, right here.

Although, it's less of a shockwave...more of a tingle.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Story of my life, right here.

Although, it's less of a shockwave...more of a tingle.
I'm not a man! I don't know what it's like! :'( You lucky testosterone charged battery.

And wait, you actually knew a woman who shoved crayons up her nose? o.o

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Aaaaaaaaaand...
I thought your idea for 5 was cool by the way.

I think the games would benefit from trying to do something other than a linear 20 mission model because that model works better with a more intimate story rather than a larger world-building one which works better with a open world game or something like bioshock.

even with that I would split your ideas down the middle with DmC2 focusing on Dante on earth trying to deal with the fallout and angels while DmC3 is with Vergil in Hell trying to free Sparda and they end up getting involved in the civil war.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm not a man! I don't know what it's like! :'( You lucky testosterone charged battery.

I am the epitome of the male specimen...if you ignore my lower-than-average height and slightly feminine physique :ermm:

And wait, you actually knew a woman who shoved crayons up her nose? o.o

Yeah...fell for her when she had magenta and lime green in each nostril. The light coming in from the window made her look so angelic. The things she could do with a Crayola Big Box...unf...drove me wild.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Did I ever mention my "badass out of hell" Idea where the three Sparda bloods take on the Seven Princes and ultimately kill Abaddon, fallen angel of the bottomless pit and Emperor of hell.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I thought your idea for 5 was cool by the way.

I think the games would benefit from trying to do something other than a linear 20 mission model because that model works better with a more intimate story rather than a larger world-building one which works better with a open world game or something like bioshock.

even with that I would split your ideas down the middle with DmC2 focusing on Dante on earth trying to deal with the fallout and angels while DmC3 is with Vergil in Hell trying to free Sparda and they end up getting involved in the civil war.

Possibly. I think there might be a way to fit it all in. The angels I think would take a bit more of a back seat for DmC2, but now that Limbo is blanketed on top of the city, they can come in again, and possibly be working in the shadows. Hell, Dante could be "hired" by people who secretly are angels, since he's declared the world is under his protection, and they could be getting him ready for the big showdown against Vergil, or urging him to strike at the demons while they're embroiled in their civil war.

Maybe the end could deal with Vergil and Dante clashing, and before Vergil escapes/dies/whatever, he mentions of a way to bring Sparda back, which would start Dante on his next journey.

Or, Vergil's entire goal in DmC2 could be grabbing Dante's amulet, and then gathering up demonic forces so he could sacrifice them, giving him enough magic open a portal to Hell along with Yamato and the two amulets, in order to free Sparda. Perhaps Vergil deceives Dante a little bit telling him his aim, but leaves out the part where opening that portal to find Sparda will unleash even bigger threats upon the world, forcing Dante to once again choose between humanity and his own family, made all the more heart-wrenching because his father is possibly on the line, too.

If Dante doesn't have his amulet, it could also possibly tie into it only being a catalyst, and mostly unnecessary for accessing Triggers, since it's "the power inside." Dante would be learning that the amulets became a crutch they didn't need to lean on, and it's all in their head. If they think the amulet is what helps them access their Triggers, then they mentally block off that ability when they don't have the amulet.

There could also be a little subplot about how Dante is worried that his demonic side is taking control of him too much. We see in the end of DmC that he was ready to kill his own brother, and the rage seemed to have been induced, or multiplied by, his Devil Trigger. Once he turned it off, though, he immediately saw what he was doing, and relented. In the beginning of the DmC2, he could be afraid of using it too often (playing into a gameplay mechanic of not having a full magic gauge in the beginning). It could even be shown to finally start transforming him, giving him more demonic features, which scares Dante at first (this way we get the red coat and white hair, hell, give him a DMC1 costume :D). He could possibly be guided by Phineas, who tells him that as a Nephilim he has to harness both his devilish and angelic sides, and should seek out some angels in an attempt to gain access to his Angel Trigger, which will bring balance to his troubled heart. The balance comes from how demons were once angels, but they embraced negative qualities like anger and greed and selfishness, which deformed them, with the angels being virtuous, loyal, and just and whatnot. That could even play into how Dante first got his Devil Trigger, because he himself indulged in anger and selfishness in DmC1. His hedonistic lifestyle tipped the scale, bringing his soul/heart closer to devil inside, and father away from the angel that was there, too.

This would also bring in the angels a bit, with Dante seeking their guidance. It'll give us an idea of why they haven't been around - because Limbo City is Mundus' base, and the city is so much closer to Hell, they can't risk going so deep into enemy territory, and not without endangering the human population there. However, now that Limbo is pretty much deconstructed, with (we'll say) only pockets remaining that can morph the city, the angels can return and begin to intervene in certain ways. Hell, have an angel in human form called Beatrice plop down and be a main character, so Dante can have a love interest (if I were writing it, the love interest angle wouldn't be hackneyed :p).

Dante's subplot can also tie into the gameplay, allowing the player to access his Angel and Devil Triggers, each with different utilities when being in the respective Mode while triggering.

Bhdfghaghfkjgld See, they really should hire me to do this...maybe we should start a petition... :p

TerrorA

Possibly. I think there might be a way to fit it all in. The angels I think would take a bit more of a back seat for DmC2, but now that Limbo is blanketed on top of the city, they can come in again, and possibly be working in the shadows. Hell, Dante could be "hired" by people who secretly are angels, since he's declared the world is under his protection, and they could be getting him ready for the big showdown against Vergil, or urging him to strike at the demons while they're embroiled in their civil war.

Maybe the end could deal with Vergil and Dante clashing, and before Vergil escapes/dies/whatever, he mentions of a way to bring Sparda back, which would start Dante on his next journey.

Or, Vergil's entire goal in DmC2 could be grabbing Dante's amulet, and then gathering up demonic forces so he could sacrifice them, giving him enough magic open a portal to Hell along with Yamato and the two amulets, in order to free Sparda. Perhaps Vergil deceives Dante a little bit telling him his aim, but leaves out the part where opening that portal to find Sparda will unleash even bigger threats upon the world, forcing Dante to once again choose between humanity and his own family, made all the more heart-wrenching because his father is possibly on the line, too.

If Dante doesn't have his amulet, it could also possibly tie into it only being a catalyst, and mostly unnecessary for accessing Triggers, since it's "the power inside." Dante would be learning that the amulets became a crutch they didn't need to lean on, and it's all in their head. If they think the amulet is what helps them access their Triggers, then they mentally block off that ability when they don't have the amulet.

There could also be a little subplot about how Dante is worried that his demonic side is taking control of him too much. We see in the end of DmC that he was ready to kill his own brother, and the rage seemed to have been induced, or multiplied by, his Devil Trigger. Once he turned it off, though, he immediately saw what he was doing, and relented. In the beginning of the DmC2, he could be afraid of using it too often (playing into a gameplay mechanic of not having a full magic gauge in the beginning). It could even be shown to finally start transforming him, giving him more demonic features, which scares Dante at first (this way we get the red coat and white hair, hell, give him a DMC1 costume :D). He could possibly be guided by Phineas, who tells him that as a Nephilim he has to harness both his devilish and angelic sides, and should seek out some angels in an attempt to gain access to his Angel Trigger, which will bring balance to his troubled heart. The balance comes from how demons were once angels, but they embraced negative qualities like anger and greed and selfishness, which deformed them, with the angels being virtuous, loyal, and just and whatnot. That could even play into how Dante first got his Devil Trigger, because he himself indulged in anger and selfishness in DmC1. His hedonistic lifestyle tipped the scale, bringing his soul/heart closer to devil inside, and father away from the angel that was there, too.

This would also bring in the angels a bit, with Dante seeking their guidance. It'll give us an idea of why they haven't been around - because Limbo City is Mundus' base, and the city is so much closer to Hell, they can't risk going so deep into enemy territory, and not without endangering the human population there. However, now that Limbo is pretty much deconstructed, with (we'll say) only pockets remaining that can morph the city, the angels can return and begin to intervene in certain ways. Hell, have an angel in human form called Beatrice plop down and be a main character, so Dante can have a love interest (if I were writing it, the love interest angle wouldn't be hackneyed :p).

Dante's subplot can also tie into the gameplay, allowing the player to access his Angel and Devil Triggers, each with different utilities when being in the respective Mode while triggering.

Bhdfghaghfkjgld See, they really should hire me to do this...maybe we should start a petition... :p

I disagree. I think DmC2 will reveal the angels as pretentious, stuck up, xenophobic assholes who want nothing more than to exterminate anything that doesn't fit their ideal of perfection

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I disagree. I think DmC2 will reveal the angels as pretentious, stuck up, xenophobic assholes who want nothing more than to exterminate anything that doesn't fit their ideal of perfection

Oh of course. That's almost a staple at this point. It can all come to a head where the angels think the earth and humanity is beyond saving for all their decadence and debauchery, even after being out from under the demon's thumb. It would be up to Dante, who is the protector of humanity, to defend against them, too. Even the angels might not like the Nephilim all that much, because they're still a perversion of God's creations.

However, because it's such a staple, maybe, just maybe, I'd like to not make them pretentious f#cks. Any and all rigidity to them is because of their code of conduct, and their care of humanity would be what ultimately pushes them to act against the world. Sort of an I, Robot type deal. What would make them a danger is the intense loyalty and love they have.

More specifically, the love they have for humans is so much more superficial, because they were made to be stewards of the Lord, and to watch over humanity with great care, but they never actually know them. Because of that, it's so easy for them to think of wiping them out and starting over as such a simple and caring thing to do.

They love the idea of humanity and preserving that idea, but they don't know people personally. Dante, living among the humans, knows quite well that there is a reason, he fought for their freedom after all.

In a way, angels wouldn't be necessarily bad, but their rigidity to the idea of humanity over the people that make up humanity would cause them to end up as antagonists.

TerrorA

Oh of course. That's almost a staple at this point. It can all come to a head where the angels think the earth and humanity is beyond saving for all their decadence and debauchery, even after being out from under the demon's thumb. It would be up to Dante, who is the protector of humanity, to defend against them, too. Even the angels might not like the Nephilim all that much, because they're still a perversion of God's creations.

However, because it's such a staple, maybe, just maybe, I'd like to not make them pretentious f#cks. Any and all rigidity to them is because of their code of conduct, and their care of humanity would be what ultimately pushes them to act against the world. Sort of an I, Robot type deal. What would make them a danger is the intense loyalty and love they have.

More specifically, the love they have for humans is so much more superficial, because they were made to be stewards of the Lord, and to watch over humanity with great care, but they never actually know them. Because of that, it's so easy for them to think of wiping them out and starting over as such a simple and caring thing to do.

They love the idea of humanity and preserving that idea, but they don't know people personally. Dante, living among the humans, knows quite well that there is a reason, he fought for their freedom after all.

In a way, angels wouldn't be necessarily bad, but their rigidity to the idea of humanity over the people that make up humanity would cause them to end up as antagonists.

That's....actually really cool.

Top Bottom