• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Well, this is new!

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!

It's old, but I've never seen it before. Looks like a tech demo of some sort for DMC4. It's kind of like if DMC and DmC had a child, LOL!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It's very early teaser for DMC4, that was panned by public and forgotten by Capcom since.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It's very early teaser for DMC4, that was panned by public and forgotten by Capcom since.

I dont think it was actually panned at all, as people just didnt dig his face.

It's old, but I've never seen it before. Looks like a tech demo of some sort for DMC4. It's kind of like if DMC and DmC had a child, LOL!
if we ever had a live action Dante this should be his outfit because it fits Dante but its more modern and sleek than what he actually wears.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I dont think it was actually panned at all, as people just didnt dig his face.
Well there isn't much to see there except his face. Otherwise teaser was pretty poor, and most likely just canceled direction.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Funnily enough, I didn't see this until DmC was announced. But I like this design for Dante better than the one we got in DMC4.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The other dante model they used in the trailer in the snow wad my favourite of them all , wish they had gone with that one

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well there isn't much to see there except his face. Otherwise teaser was pretty poor, and most likely just canceled direction.

Why poor? It was just a teaser, teasers are meant to be brief and quick, they're not meant to show things in depth.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont think it was actually cancelled just more of a proof of concept type thing as the direction we got with Nero seems to be more of Kobayshi's input so they probably just developed that when he came onboard.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Why poor? It was just a teaser, teasers are meant to be brief and quick, they're not meant to show things in depth.
From CG quality it's not brilliant so I think if they want to awe people they should have done better job.
I dont think it was actually cancelled just more of a proof of concept type thing as the direction we got with Nero seems to be more of Kobayshi's input so they probably just developed that when he came onboard.
I think it's same as original LoS trailer. It was put in concept but that's pretty much it and it bite the dust after new concept was made.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Sorry, but this trailer was made in 2004 so compared to it, this Teaser looks pretty poor.

I don't se such an abyssal difference. But even if there was, if I compare object A to object B, which is better, that doesn't mean A is ****ty in itself.

That said, dat Dante face still gives me creeps today. Don't like it.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
You know, I recall another early teaser - shorter than this one - that featured Dante in his DMC1 clothes approaching Fortuna Castle, from the cliifside during a blizzard. For the life of me, I can't find that one anywhere now.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I don't se such an abyssal difference. But even if there was, if I compare object A to object B, which is better, that doesn't mean A is ****ty in itself.

That said, dat Dante face still gives me creeps today. Don't like it.
ok. where do I start. Extreme difference between face and body. Hair is very poorly made. Face is out of proportion and lacks expression. Effect from a sword looks very flat and like a bad SGI. As such I see this as very poor attempt and honestly if it suppose to build interest I think I would prefer simple typography decision.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You know, I recall another early teaser - shorter than this one - that featured Dante in his DMC1 clothes approaching Fortuna Castle, from the cliifside during a blizzard. For the life of me, I can't find that one anywhere now.

Hmmm don't remember that... but I remember pics of Dante with his DMC3 coat and hair in a blizzard.

@Innsmouth
Effects of sword, head proportions, what? That's CG, not in game graphics so that's not what the interest of people should have been towards anyway. Purpose of a teaser like that is not to build interest on graphics itself obviously, but rather on the style and general tone they were going for. Which I didn't like that much either, reminded me too much of DMC2.

Last edited:

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Innsmouth's just being Innsmouth.

kaidan_can_t_dance_by_mcomommy-d5xbk87.gif

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Innsmouth
Effects of sword, head proportions, what? That's CG, not in game graphics so that doesn't count anyway for people watching. Purpose of a teaser like that is not to build interest on graphics itself obviously, but rather on the style and general tone they were going for. Which I didn't like that much either, reminded me too much of DMC2.
Teaser exist to advertise game. So if they already decide to showcase dante it should be good enough to work as advertisement. In this case it's not, which is why I consider this a very poor teaser.

Top Bottom