• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

wasn't that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Actually, after much thought (don't shoot me for saying) 2 wasn't that bad.

Look at the storyline. It is a good story just a little rushed. I myself would be happy if they did another dmc that was set just after 2, or just before, what do you think?

Keaton

Premium
I havent played it, but from whati've read about the story it sounds quite good, story wise...although, it was the gameplay that was the let down apparently.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Yeah I agree, the game play left me dry and annoyed as it was poor. If it had 3's game play then 2 would rock :)

Keaton

Premium
IIrc doesnt the game end with Dante stuck in hell?
If so that would be an awesome storyline to continue with and an easy way to get Virgil back :D

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ I believe, from what I remember, at the end of 2 Lucia hears a motorbike (which is suppose to be Dante returning from Hell, but it doesn't show or clarify this) if so, then Vergil should either return, or Nero should be involve in getting Dante out of Hell and such.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ True, and were you saying I was correct? If so then I think they should make a dmc where it is Dante in Hell and such, and then you get him out, and you get to drive his motorbike :)

Keaton

Premium
LordOfDarkness;80542 said:
^ True, and were you saying I was correct? if so then I think they should make a dmc where it is Dante in hell and such, and then you get him out, and you get to drive his motorbike :)

Or atleast see an awesome cut-scene where he rides it through hell :D

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Yeah, an awesome scene where Dante is riding it over fiery plains and stuff.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Yuck :lol: Better as Dante is flying over bumps and dispensing bullets from Ebony and Ivory when he does :)

Keaton

Premium
LordOfDarkness;80618 said:
^ yuck .lol. better as Dante is flying over bumps and dispensing bullets from Ebony and Ivory when he does :)

Reminds me of FFVII when Cloud is on the Bike mini Game with his sword - cutting down enemies as he passes :D

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
LordOfDarkness;80463 said:
actually, after much thought -don't shoot me for saying- 2 wasn't that bad.

Look at the storyline. It is a good story just a little rushed. I myself would be happy if they did another dmc that was set just after 2, or just before, what do you think?

Holy crap exactly what I have been thinking, if anything I always thought DMC2 was worth at least an 8.5/10, my only critisism is that the enemies are way too easy to defeat, plus they are nothing like the original enemies in the first game, which I still think are the best in the whole series.

Grimmn Reap

Dog That Bites Ppl
actually dmc2 wasnt really bad. i thought it was soo easy because its the last in the time line and by that time dante is super powerful. the story felt rushed and i think dmc2 deserves a remake or they can just make another game that takes place after this one

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
It was a GOOD game, but the two other DMCs were GREAT games. I mean, I liked it, it doesn't deserve to be shoved into the crap section in PS2 magazines or on IGN or anything like that but it could have been sooooo much better.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yeah, that's what I've been saying. But with it having "Devil May Cry 2" as its title we expected it to be at least on par with the first game, which wasn't. But it's still fun to play as an individual game nevertheless.

w33l33

meh...
if dmc2 was the first in the series or a standalone game it would be good but seeing as dmc1 was as good as it was then 2 was a bit of a let down

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
i myself have been very adamant about my thoughts about this game, though if they were to work it out right, it could be a good game in the future.
here is what i was thinking though and feel free to disgree, something happens along the lines of, an evil being, i cant say wich as i have not thought this all the way through. but some evil being or demon of some sort, knows of Dante and the Sparda legacy, has been tracking Dante for some time and keeping a close eye on those who hang around with him, and picks off the one that he seems to hang onto the most. this event alone was enough to make Dante go into a deep state of depression for some time, and then once he finally got the will to fight again he was just cold and uncaring and just didnt give a crap what he had to do. he was just hell bent on getting revenge on the one who killed the one he cared for so much that he didnt care who or what stand in his way. anyone have any thoughts on that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom