• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was this original NT Dante's design...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Neigh Bird
It's okay. No one can please everyone at the same time.

The way I see it,

DMC1 - slick and cool, but overall lacks detail and those sleeves are kinda silly, especially in anime.

DMC2 - most badass, slick, but again, not much detail. The best in overall appearance though.

DMC3 - nothing special overall, meh. But we finally get to see some more attention to detail, with those holsters. Digging the sound they make when he puts the pistols in too.

DMC4 - rich of detail, definitely the one that got the most attention. Sleeves are a cool nod to DMC1 but less silly. Chaps add a bit of style to it but disappointed by no holsters.

DmC - already talked about it.

Still waiting for a Dante costume with a sheath for Rebellion though. I generally don't like when swords magically float on someone's back. In DmC they kinda resolved it with the tattoo gimmick but I wanna see a sheath. Looks like the concept on the right has one, or is it just me?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Sorry Foxy, but I dislike every one of those concepts. I actually think the final design was better.

Personally

DMC1: I love the game...but DMC1 actually has my least favorite Dante design, there was just too much red. Red coat, red pants, red vest. Not too mention Dante had a bit of a tan in DMC1 (That made him look orange), so orange skin, red clothes, and white hair....look really odd.

DMC2: Dante's best design imo, I like the coat, which has a black body but red sleeves and tails, love the buckle, and the gloves.

DMC3: I love the boots, after two games of red pants, black was a nice change, the coat's my favorite for the details, such as the zippers on the sleeves, and the buckled collar, and like you said, the gun holsters

DMC4: My second favorite coat (would be my favorite if it had holsters), I just love all the details on it, I like the shirt and buckle. I'm also really don't mind the chaps and boots (FYI, he doesn't have red cowboy boots. He had black boots, and his chaps have a red cowboy boot pattern on the bottom of the legs, maybe they thought just black pants would look to plain. I feel the need to point this out, cause I know this one idiot who insists that DMC4 Dante was a "Camp homo" just for his boots and apparently 'homoerotic posses')

DmC: I do like how they made Dante look more realistic. Other then that not much to say other then I don't really like how his coat hangs down, and I do think he looks better with white hair.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
People will disagree with me, but I wish they kept his original design with the tattoos:
1Fs7o32.png

nvyySqh.jpg

snnXrDg.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Now I'm curious as to what ideas NT had for their DMC game before they were told to go drastically different :cool:.
The Witcher-inspired look on the far right would fit better if Dante was raised as a hunter (maybe Eva was from a long line of demon hunters?)

Some of these concept arts could be reused in a future DmC title tho. You could have a segment where he tries to pass himself off as a full-blood demon/angel and these could be the looks he uses.

@WolfOD64 they could use that look for a flashback sequence, this is him right after he escapes...:thumbsup:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not looking to start another DMC versus DmC argument but I do agree with @Foxtrot94 about the design as i think people might have preferred "witcher" Dante over tgs10 Dante. That's more because it was hard to connect TGS10 Dante to classic and hard to see one become the other. Granted there has been a lot of questionable shifts in DMC already so its not impossible but the others are a little easier to swallow.

In alot of ways DmC followed DMC4/Anime/2's lead in that the idea itself isnt bad but how they chose to execute it was.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm not looking to start another DMC versus DmC argument but I do agree with @Foxtrot94 about the design as i think people might have preferred "witcher" Dante over tgs10 Dante. That's more because it was hard to connect TGS10 Dante to classic and hard to see one become the other. Granted there has been a lot of questionable shifts in DMC already so its not impossible but the others are a little easier to swallow.

In alot of ways DmC followed DMC4/Anime/2's lead in that the idea itself isnt bad but how they chose to execute it was.

The costume wouldn't have made a lick of sense when this entire story is taking place in modern times and Dante's walking in an outfit that looks like cosplay ninja attire. Maybe for a DLC costume like Neo Dante, but not for the main story.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The costume wouldn't have made a lick of sense when this entire story is taking place in modern times and Dante's walking in an outfit that looks like cosplay ninja attire. Maybe for a DLC costume like Neo Dante, but not for the main story.
maybe you could do a story DlC about Dante fighting a demon that is messing around in a anime convention? could be fun:wink:

What i meant is that this design could predate the reboot so maybe they had other ideas for the main series or they were just sketching blindly. Who really knows?

Top Bottom