• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was this original NT Dante's design...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
...and Capcom told them to change it?

b4Y4sRw.jpg

If that's the case... Capcom you goddamn morons... this design is ****ing cool! Leagues better than what we eventually got!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Please. People would be complaining about how "wanna be edgy/walking dead copy" it was. Anything that has DmC in its title would get the boot to the ass either way.

I don't care what other people would say, I'd still have loved this design over the one they eventually chose.

I very disliked DmC Dante's design, but this, man, I dig a lot.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Personally I think all of them were pretty terrible :) But yeah older version wasn't as terrible as final design.

Erian1Mortal

Premium

If that's the case... Capcom you goddamn morons... this design is ****ing cool! Leagues better than what we eventually got!

It was one of the iterations, and if you look in the middle, that one was eventually one of the dlc costumes.
If ya want I'd be able to scan a few pages of the artbook and send them to you, there were quite a few nice looking designs in my opinion.

In the end it's always about the look of the game as a whole, this design wouldn't have fit with what they put out as a final product, it's likely we would've gotten an entire different story. Besides I read somewhere that they intendet DmC to be a closer to the original at first, but Capcom didn't want that, they wanted something different, which is why we got the reboot in the first place.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
the statham design is giving me the punisher vibe, the ninja one in the middle is giving me the same vibe as the reboot, but the shoutgun looked more of a classic maybe it's supposed to have a classic or dishonored type of setting, and the third design is giving me the witcher vibe..

if they were supposed to be the reboot, i'm going with statham, since it might still be in modern times..

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

b4Y4sRw.jpg

the two on the right are pretty cool but im not digging statham as dante as much.

To be honest man, this reminds me of how i felt when i saw the dmc4 concept art and the "rumors of dmc4" Gel had posted way back.

So it not as different as people think.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't think so, since they have said the initial design was very close to the original. I think the original design may not every been publicly released. (Maybe the translated version of the DmC Graphics Arts has it or an explanation.)

I believe this was made when Capcom told them to deviate from the original and they where experimenting with how far they could go.

Last edited:

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
They all look pretty terrible, IMO. I'm glad they changed it to the one we have. DmC's Dante feels like that definitive, alternative punk take on the character, in contrast, unlike these that just seems ehhh --he has short hair now, look at that. The middle one looks like Neo Dante. I don't like Neo Dante.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
They all look pretty terrible, IMO. I'm glad they changed it to the one we have. DmC's Dante feels like that definitive, alternative punk take on the character, in contrast, unlike these that just seems ehhh --he has short hair now, look at that. The middle one looks like Neo Dante. I don't like Neo Dante.

To me DmC Dante looks so dull. It's basically just black and white, with few red here and there.

And there's that coat, too. I swear, I've got a black garbage bag right here that looks almost exactly like dat coat. And I don't like the hood either, too big.

Yeah I don't like it. Personally I would have taken this instead. AT LEAST as DLC.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
To me DmC Dante looks so dull. It's basically just black and white, with few red here and there.

And there's that coat, too. I swear, I've got a black garbage bag right here that looks almost exactly like dat coat. And I don't like the hood either, too big.

Yeah I don't like it. Personally I would have taken this instead. AT LEAST as DLC.

Didn't you know?

lil Dante is a garbage baby!

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!

Iunno, you can say the same about the other Dante, really. White and red, with the occasional black bits. Except, I feel DmC's a lot more unique whereas the concept of previous Dante has been beaten to death in Anime and games.

The coat is my favorite part. I love its design and animations. I always wanted to get my hands on a replica.
shopping

devil-may-cry-5-dante-game-cosplay-halloween.jpg

Well, the middle one look a lot like Neo Dante. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Neigh Bird
Sorry but disagreed. At least the other Dantes had more red to it, accompanied by black, instead of predominant black, which I find dull (if we're not talking about Batman of course, on which I don't mind at all).

Also DMC3 Dante had those pistols holsters on the back which I find very cool and possibly the coolest detail on any Dante costume so far.

DMC4 Dante's attire, like it or not for his cowboy vibe, also had many details nonetheless.

DmC, I find it pretty boring in comparison. And generic too. Looks too much like a real street punk. I know that's the point but still, I can't say I find it interesting design. Only thing I like, the UK flag on it.

I prefer that design NT came up with. There's more red and overall Dante looks more like someone you don't mess around with, to me.

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
@Neigh Bird
Sorry but disagreed.

Oi, don't mention it. Everyone has different taste in art.

At least the other Dantes had more red to it, accompanied by black, instead of predominant black, which I find dull (if we're not talking about Batman of course, on which I don't mind at all).

Also DMC3 Dante had those pistols holsters on the back which I find very cool and possibly the coolest detail on any Dante costume so far.

DMC4 Dante's attire, like it or not for his cowboy vibe, also had many details nonetheless.

DmC, I find it pretty boring in comparison. And generic too. Looks too much like a real street punk. I know that's the point but still, I can't say I find it interesting design. Only thing I like, the UK flag on it.

We may agree to disagree here, I suppose. Personally, I find Dante's original designs to be generic and boring between the two versions, but at the end of the day, it comes down to personal aesthetics and we really differ in that regard.

I prefer that design NT came up with. There's more red and overall Dante looks more like someone you don't mess around with, to me.

To me, as well, but I don't like the designs at all. There's not enough disparity, I would much rather prefer they didn't change his looks at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom