• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was Dante Really That Different?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I’ve come to accept...

...I was wrong. Just because he’s not as much of a joker to me in 1 and 2 doesn’t mean he has the same personality.

He is different in 2 to what he was in 1. He was also different in 3 than he was in 1 and 2. I’d say he’s only really the same to me in 4 and 5.
To me 4 and 5 just feels like 3 but older (likely cause they're the only ones with the same voice actor) to me though, DMC1 Dante is only a little more serious because he's going after the demon that's responsible for his mother's death
@ef9 o shea
I dunno, I kinda agree with Itsuno, rather just get DMC6 then any remakes.

DarkSlayerVergil

I’ve come to accept...

...I was wrong. Just because he’s not as much of a joker to me in 1 and 2 doesn’t mean he has the same personality.

He is different in 2 to what he was in 1. He was also different in 3 than he was in 1 and 2. I’d say he’s only really the same to me in 4 and 5.
3 and 4 are almost identical for me why 5 would probably more closer to 1 pre-climax.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Something must have happened between the end of the anime and the novel set before 2

It would need to be something bit to make Dante such an introvert by comparison

A good rewrite , or retcon could answer so much

And a DMC2 remake could be awesome if they gave it the treatment Dragonball super gave to broly

DarkSlayerVergil

Something must have happened between the end of the anime and the novel set before 2

It would need to be something bit to make Dante such an introvert by comparison

A good rewrite , or retcon could answer so much

And a DMC2 remake could be awesome if they gave it the treatment Dragonball super gave to broly
I honestly disagree about the Broly thing but DMC2 getting a remake would be nice though at the same time they might as well focus of 6.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
When I say broly I mean as in giving a previous one dimensional character a better back story that's more fleshed out

In 2 Dante flips a coin and stays silent most of the time apart from a few lines , and is basically a robot

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Dante in dmc 2 is too serious and it s not because of character development but simply because of a terrible game and terrible writing... I replayed dmc 2 recently and simply dante is not dante, even if I like dmc 2 dante... Dmc 2 it's a game that doesn't even bother mention since the character are all flat and the story is pathetic, dante from dmc 1 is different if you saw him, he is serious when needed but because he had motivation, but he is like dmc 3 dante many time, when he found a new weapon and play whit it or when he taken joke of bosses, however he became serious when fighting stronger hopponent such as vergil mundus Ecc... Dmc 2 simply is serious because of the bad writing, there are almost no dialog in that game, they are all serious... There is no sense to it, I read many things about this, about dante losing Trish or something happened to him to make him so serious, but this is not the case, it's simply bad written, the game story itself is stupid, I mean just replay it and you will find out yourself how bat it is, dmc 2 must deserve a 6 out of 10 in general... If I had to put it in the story we can assume dmc 2 is just a simple job for dante, look almost like an episode from the anime, a bad guy want to kill people and dante stop him that's it (if we delete dmc 2 from Canon nothing will change since is pretti useless to the timeline) so he is serious like he is sometimes in the anime because he gets bored probably Infact he was never in difficulty in dmc 2, but this is just an assumption of mine, the truth like I sayd before is that dmc 2 is a terrible game in everyway even in character development

Top Bottom