• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was anyone else disappointed with how the story went for DMC5?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I m a big resident evil fan and a big wesker fan and personally I think wesker having a son is a bull****, but I like Jake as a character, just different opinion of course...

Why we shouldn't get info on Nero's mother? You are talking as the series is ended but it's just started they will probably make new dmc game, and Nero is now one of the main protagonist, dmc 5 is not the end of the series, I'm glad they didn't reveal everything in this game so they can cover Nero's mom and other thing left open in future game, also we cannot say that vergil didn't care about Nero s mother...

If back in 1977 you would have say to some people who had watched star wars a new hope that Darth Vader had a son and did fall to the darkside because of love they would have probably laughed in you face or disliked this idea... Than in 1983 they released return of the Jedi and everyone finds out that Vader had two twin, but the twin mother is mentioned only one and Vader look like to not giving a **** about, but here we are 40 years later and we now know that Vader once know as anakin skywalker did love Luke and leia mother s padme and endeed fall to the darkside to try and protect her, but back in 1983 probably everyone were thinking that anakin past and Luke mother would have never been explored but they were wrong...

Just like star wars, in dmc there are many things that will probably be explained in future game, don't just things that everything end s whit 5 or that nothing will ever be revealed or explored, because dmc 5 is just a chapter in the dmc series
I say we probably won't get info on his mom because it's skimmed over in 5 and unless they introduce this point in Visions of V (the manga that pyschoanylizes Vergil as a person) we probably won't get any info at all hell we still don't know her name.We assume it's someone from Fortuna and she's human and I mean maybe sure they'll pull something to make a full games worth of content with Nero's mom but the fact that Vergil just kinda laughs the whole thing off just makes it seem like spur of the moment deal. Don't get me wrong DMC5 and RE6 both pull the long forgotten son from no where and I hated them both but RE6 at least makes an effort with the material given, even DMC4 does it better than 5.

I feel the Darth Vader comparison doesn't work because yes if you told someone in 1977 about the whole father-son deal it would be a huge plot twist, but it's a plot twist that works because we don't know Vaders backstory up until this point and the little bread crumbs through Empire and New Hope make it seem like an intential reveal regardless of the fact New Hope was at first a 1 off movie. For Vergil we know pretty much his entire backstory aside from apparent small instances added way later that feel slightly out of place, like at some point before the DMC3 manga he made it to Fortuna.

@meg5493
Who knows? Maybe Kamiya might get to come back and do it.

I get what you're saying about Dante, I just don't think it ever worked till 5.

The comedy bits are more rememberable because the more sincere parts of the story feel too cliche to keep your interest.

The anime is the worst contender with Dante's portrayal being the biggest drawback versus the other entries. The only episodes that worked where the ones were Dante was in the background and other characters were the focus.

Him suffering depression due to the events of 1 would have been better than what we got in either 2 or the anime.

4's problems are Nero and whether or not you think his story is compelling (it's not).

For me Dante's at his worst in 5, because this is supposed to be Dante's biggest fight yet to the point where he lost so bad he went into a coma for a month straight. And yet there's not a single instance where Dante is actually serious for more than a minute, like he's always had this kinda sarcastic wit for more than 1 reason but he's always been a serious guy, DMC1 is the biggest example or even 3 to an extent. Yes he has moments where he shows concern for his friends or he gets serious fighting Urizen that after he had the apple but it just doesn't counteract the dumb broke hobo persona this game pushs as a joke. And like said before some people will like DMC5 for what it does but if you don't like the kinda idea's that have been fermenting around the series you're outta luck. 4 I enjoyed and it uses a lot of the same tones as 5 despite it being a Dantes day out game but it works so much better because it doesn't treat Dante like a joke all the time and the anime is slice of life in a way most people didn't want, but from what I remember it was interesting enough at least world building wise though it is the origin of Lady and Trish stealing money from Dante so I can't forgive it for that lol.

And him suffering depression would be a fine interesting take if it wasn't done to death with every piece of media in the series or people actually explored that further then just saying "yeah he's not as funny and sarcastic in *instert here* because he's suffering from depression because of *instert action with Vergil here*"

When has Vergil ever stated he hated humans? I thought he simply despised them for being weak. I definitely prefer Jake was a clone tbh.

It's not hate necessarily it's easier to describe it as that but anything with Vergil in it pre-DMC4, he view humans as "lesser" fit to be only tools. He views humanity as weakness and the demonic as strength. He doesn't like to be around people unless it in some way serves his goal and he brutally murders humans without a second thought. The DMC1 novel, DMC3 manga and game all kinda've share this sentiment even if one of them wasn't canon anymore how Vergil was in that novel was similar to how he was in 3 to an extent since 1's novel has a much crueler Vergil. His only humanity was the fact that he loved his brother and underneath the huge complex he had, his mother. If 5 happened differently Vergil could have actually had a sympathetic redemption.

There are some cases of "if it's not in the game, it's not confirmed" sometimes.

Like when Hideki Kamiya explained in an official Resident Evil 2 data book about why Leon was late for work.
Kamiya explained that Leon got drunk after breaking up with his girlfriend and overslept in a motel.
It's the official explanation by the director himself and even in the data book but because it's not in the game, it's still not "confirmed".
In the remake, it's changed to Leon being warned not to enter Raccoon City and he ignored the warning.

Yasuhisa Kawamura had a lot of back-story written about US Umbrella VS Europe Umbrella in an unofficial interview.
However, seeing how he no longer works at Capcom, he also gave a disclaimer to disregard all his back-story if Capcom alters it.

So a back-story that isn't actually told in the game is kinda like Schrodinger's Cat.
The game could confirm or deny it.
Until then, both possibilities somewhat exist.
Yeah which can always make discussions a pain lol

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is one thing I think I'm alone in and that's how they changed Dante and Vergil's faces to not be the same. It's something that's been a constant for the longest time and they tossed out pretty casually. It's been a thing since DMC1.
He gasped. Gilver's eyes opened, taking in Dante
with utter hatred. The bandages had almost completely
fallen off, revealing a noble and familiar face.
It was like looking into a mirror for Dante.
“What... Why do you have my face?”

------

The name of his twin brother, who was lost the day
his mother had died.
The same face. The same hair color. The same
amulet.

It's not like it was a secret either or something that only lasted in the novel:
pg116.jpg

And it's still a thing, even to this very day. This came out last week, well after the game's release.
14.jpg
With every literary appearance Vergil's had they always made a point to say this. It wasn't just about them being twins, either, there was symbolism to it, a reflective property to their relationship. All of that seems to have goten tossed out with an almost casual disregard.

When has Vergil ever stated he hated humans? I thought he simply despised them for being weak
That's not quite right, either. According to the Trinity of Fates book, Vergil didn't kill all those people when he raised the tower in 3 out of malice, he simply didn't take them into consideration. He doesn't hate humans, he hates his humanity. In regards to humans he is actually very apathetic.

You mean bad word? Other people use **** and **** word I dint know it was a problem XD
Well, if I spot them I'll correct them but we aren't actively looking for them since people tend to follow the rule. I guess I'll have to keep an eye out now.

Edit:
I just remembered something. The two women engraved in E&I, in 5 they say one of them is Nell but I saw the pictures up close and those looked like victorian paintings. One wears a sort of victorian hat and the other is wearing a dress where the neckline is definitely not a modern article. Not only that but she looks nothing like Nell, either of them.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
@meg5493 I don't remember vergil laughing at Nero s mom memory, he only say: well that was a long time ago... Re 6 simply take Jake muller out of nowhere and put it into the Re series, at least Nero was introduced in dmc 4 in a more good way, also you can't say that we know vergil entire backstory since we no nothing, we almost know nothing about dante how can we know everything about vergil? After Eva is killed there is a 10 years gap about vergil doing things and growing as a character that we never see... We only have to wait and see how future game expand this, they take vergil back probably he will become one of the playable character in future dmc game and they can expand on him further...

Showing that vergil went to fortuna is not out of place since vergil was always searching information about sparda and since fortuna was a place in Wich sparda went in the past, vergil decided to go there and find info about sparda...
We later saw him doing the same things in dmc 3 manga and dmc 3 vergil prologue... They are just expanding the character, by telling us more info about him, obviously people can like this or not, but Capcom is no wrong in adding more info about him imo....

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I get what you're saying about Dante, I just don't think it ever worked till 5.

In 5 he's basically like in 3 and 1 for the most part, retaining his fun loving persona but able to get serious when he needs to be serious. Which is, IMO, the sweet spot between the over flair of 4 and the utter blandness of 2 and the anime.
Speaking of which...

The anime is the worst contender with Dante's portrayal being the biggest drawback versus the other entries.

I disagree with you there, I think DMC2 Dante is still worse than the anime's. DMC2 as a whole is a trainwreck disaster but Dante's easily the worst part, even compared to the anime. At least in the latter, there are some instances where you can catch a glimpse of the Dante he should have been, where he'd get excited for and look forward to a fight, or empathize with characters like the benevolent demon.

In DMC2 he's just... completely deadpan. Even in his crown line he sounds dead. Might as well be a marionette from the first game, he comes off as just an empty shell animated by the player. And while you can say that for most of the anime as well, it's still to a slightly lesser extent than DMC2.

Vergil95

Only disappointment I had was that there weren't more missions

DMC1 had over 20 , so getting 25
Yeah dmc 1 had 23 mission but some of them are 5 minutes long, and the whole game is 3 to 5 hour long, while dmc 5 is 12 hour long... Better have more hour than more mission, and having 20 mission is now a dmc tradition since dmc 3

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Foxtrot94
There both pretty bad and i tend to change my rankings anyway so no worries.

Back in the day, DMC2 was more fun to play while the anime wasn't fun to watch so that impression stuck.

You are right tho. The anime is pretty easy to fix and you could do one of the "one small change" videos on YouTube.

5 was better at the serious moments than the humorous ones to me.

@meg5493
I don't mind the slice of life aspect, my problem is with Dante himself. He wasn't compelling enough to follow on a day to day basis. I don't need him to be as crazy as the games but i do want him to be interesting.

The depression idea is just a way to give him a struggle and connect to the games. The anime is jarring to be a good followup to DMC3 and it killed a lot of enthusiasm i had for Dante.

Last edited:

Sean Gow

Yeah I think I’m with most people on this. The end was just a bit mad for me.

The Vergil battle with Dante was good.
But then to give us basically the same fight again but with Nero was flat out wrong.

It was almost like they got to the end and went ‘oh wow.. people will be wanting a father - son battle and we haven’t done that yet...’

I feel that fight should’ve at least taken place somewhere else. It wouldn’t be difficult for the Qliphoth to crumble after the fight with Dante and for all 3 of them to fall to the ground and only Nero and Vergil rise from the ashes, for Nero to call his father out and destroy him on a wasteland on earth level with chaos happening all around them.

I definitely didn’t like the Vergil redemption either. It felt so unnatural. They should’ve kept him going the way he was and found another way to change his course. Like Nero beating him into submission and calling the shots.

I loved the story for this game but it fell apart at the end for me.

Also, there were a few little bits of conflicting dialogue in the Dante/Nero battle.

Dante shouts at Vergil ‘You cut off your own sons arm just to gain more power’ or sonething

And Vergil snaps back ‘MY SON MEANS NOTHING TO ME!!!’

And then right after that fight, the first words out of his mouth are ‘Nero is my son???’

I definitely feel like the end was rushed.

And also putting the game at the end of the timeline and paying no mind to DMC2.. didn’t like that either.

In regards to Dante, there were some really good moments. The moment he has to tell Nero Vergil is his father was a reaaalllly well acted / directed sequence.

But again, I feel like I wanted him to be a bit more serious this time around.

I dunno.

It seems on here though, that most people have the same thoughts towards the story.
Says a lot!

Still loved the game through and through though!

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
@meg5493 I don't remember vergil laughing at Nero s mom memory, he only say: well that was a long time ago... Re 6 simply take Jake muller out of nowhere and put it into the Re series, at least Nero was introduced in dmc 4 in a more good way, also you can't say that we know vergil entire backstory since we no nothing, we almost know nothing about dante how can we know everything about vergil? After Eva is killed there is a 10 years gap about vergil doing things and growing as a character that we never see... We only have to wait and see how future game expand this, they take vergil back probably he will become one of the playable character in future dmc game and they can expand on him further...

Showing that vergil went to fortuna is not out of place since vergil was always searching information about sparda and since fortuna was a place in Wich sparda went in the past, vergil decided to go there and find info about sparda...
We later saw him doing the same things in dmc 3 manga and dmc 3 vergil prologue... They are just expanding the character, by telling us more info about him, obviously people can like this or not, but Capcom is no wrong in adding more info about him imo....
My mistake on the laughing I remember Vergil being way more sarcastic at that bit, it's more bashful/laid back then say in DMC3 when Dante tries to pry into Vergils business and he lashes out to get him to back off. The point is it's played as a joke or playful banter between the two when 5 seconds before Dante was literally going to kill his brother. Like the game totally plays off Vergil cut Nero's arm off and no one addresses it not even during either of the fights against him.

Jakes whole arc in RE6 is upon replaying pretty fantastic for a capcom game he's an ass who hated his dad for ditching him and his mom and becomes a mercenary to support them, she dies, he closes himself off. And then he meets Sherry, learns his dad was a huge jerk for trying to screw over the world and that his blood is the cure to help save lives. He starts off as this self centered jerk whose only in it for the money but he meets the guy who killed his dad and he has this moment were he could lash out at this guy, for killing his dad, for not being the one to do it, for not getting answer why, but he doesn't he's changed and by the end the symbolism of him and Sherry the children of two of the biggest baddies in the series being heroes and saving the day is mwah *chefs kiss* RE6 knocked it out of the ball park if you can get past Wesker of all people having knocked up a chick back in the 80s. We get new characters all of the time in RE it's not having to rely on the same 3 characters all the time.

We know Vergils life atleast the big moments as well as Dantes but
At 8 he's mom is killed by mundas and he goes into hiding
17 he meets Arkham who shows him the way to summon Ti mini gur
18 he summons the tower faces off against Dante trapping himself into hell/fights mundas
28 he's served as Nelo Angelo for 10 years fights against Dante and *killed*
38 present DMC5 time

Like later in his life sure there are big enough blanks in the story for Vergil to have his own adventures, hell 5 doesn't even tell us what Vergil has been doing for 10yrs after they revealed he wasn't killed in 1. But they intentionally smacked his meeting with Nero's mom pre DMC3 manga making the whole thing rushed since all we get is 2 scenes of him walking and we can only hope he's like 16/17 otherwise it'd be really weird. Yes he goes to Fortuna because of Sparda, but sucks to say we get nothing from this inclusion as it was just a cheap tack on for the special edition. We could argue circles around this point in Vergils life, but it would be pointless since we know absolutely nothing aside from this being set before the manga. The fact of the matter is Vergil was most likely supposed to stay dead and Nero was supposed to be his successor ala Apollo Justice to Phoenix. Plus this was the supposed end of Dante's and Vergil's story so suffice to say we aren't getting more info with Vergil being a central narrative focus which is why it would need to be resolved in Visions of V.

Vergil has no redeeming moment, he has no arc in 5 and the game just fixes this by everyone 180* to accomadate this. Where does he shine out in 5 thats not a straight rip from 3? V was underutilalized, Urizen was a complete characuture and just sits around waiting for the 1/2 of Vergil reveal. The villian wins, he gets what he wants and everything bad that the villian did to our main cast is fixed. I knew even if I didn't want it that Vergil was going to be redeemed, but I could never imagine it would be done so half assed.

And this is the last thing I wanna say on the matter, I hate Vergil in 5, I hate it to the point that he's ruined for me in subsequent replays of 3, he used to be my favorite character and I could stand him being Nero's father in 4. Knowing this is the conclusion just leaves a sour taste in my mouth BUT! That doesn't mean you can't like or love or enjoy what they did in 5, or be excited for the possibility of new info on his life. I was disappointed with the story and thats why I posted this thread, I enjoy hearing others opinions and their takes on the matter.

Yeah I think I’m with most people on this. The end was just a bit mad for me.

The Vergil battle with Dante was good.
But then to give us basically the same fight again but with Nero was flat out wrong.

It was almost like they got to the end and went ‘oh wow.. people will be wanting a father - son battle and we haven’t done that yet...’

I feel that fight should’ve at least taken place somewhere else. It wouldn’t be difficult for the Qliphoth to crumble after the fight with Dante and for all 3 of them to fall to the ground and only Nero and Vergil rise from the ashes, for Nero to call his father out and destroy him on a wasteland on earth level with chaos happening all around them.

I definitely didn’t like the Vergil redemption either. It felt so unnatural. They should’ve kept him going the way he was and found another way to change his course. Like Nero beating him into submission and calling the shots.

I loved the story for this game but it fell apart at the end for me.

Also, there were a few little bits of conflicting dialogue in the Dante/Nero battle.

Dante shouts at Vergil ‘You cut off your own sons arm just to gain more power’ or sonething

And then right after that fight, the first words out of his mouth are ‘Nero is my son???’

I definitely feel like the end was rushed.

And also putting the game at the end of the timeline and paying no mind to DMC2.. didn’t like that either.

In regards to Dante, there were some really good moments. The moment he has to tell Nero Vergil is his father was a reaaalllly well acted / directed sequence.

But again, I feel like I wanted him to be a bit more serious this time around.

I dunno.

It seems on here though, that most people have the same thoughts towards the story.
Says a lot!

Still loved the game through and through though!

The games 2/3 with V and Nero just trying to survive and fix the mess was great and I had a lot of fun with most of the bosses shown. I will forever be bitter though that Lucia wasn't the one inside Artemis but I digress.... It's definitely when Dante shows up when things to start to get messy as thats when we start to get the retcons and rushed pacing since we're pretty much towards the end of the game. The fact that they switched 2 before 4 really killed a lot of my hype tbh, thought its all on me and not their fault, I was expecting Dante to have just returned from hell to find things about to go to **** (thats why he's power and plumbing were off).

I just didn't like what they did to Dante, didn't help that I replayed DMC1 before hand and he was just so weirdly knowledgable and this super cool cheesy action hero that it reminded me why I love that era Dante (1,2 and the early novels). But 5 just made him the butt of a joke living in filth, getting pushed around by literally everyone every time we see them, and just being stupid (that having to use my brain for once line still irks me)

Put those are personal that I know not everyone will agree with, but yeah the moment with Dante letting slip that Vergil is his father was nice, that and when V had to drag Nero away were probably some of my fav moments from the game. It's just a shame that the 3rd act had to be soooo bad and messy especially since the game it tries to emulate the most ,DMC3, had a fantastic finale.
@Foxtrot94

@meg5493
I don't mind the slice of life aspect, my problem is with Dante himself. He wasn't compelling enough to follow on a day to day basis. I don't need him to be as crazy as the games but i do want him to be interesting.

The depression idea is just a way to give him a struggle and connect to the games. The anime is jarring to be a good followup to DMC3 and it killed a lot of enthusiasm i had for Dante.
I can understand that and I'm sure the new anime will most likely scratch that itch for you. I actually kinda wanna rewatch the anime because I remember mostly the the interesting bits (the gambling ep/cursed record/Modeus/ and the finale ep)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
5 was better at the serious moments than the humorous ones to me.

I can see that. The interactions between Dante and Nero especially were more heartfelt this time around. That whole thing about Dante always trying to keep Nero out of the fight ever since the prologue's famous "dead weight" line, making him think he's doing it cause he deems Nero too weak, only to culminate in the revelation that he'd actually been doing it to spare Nero becoming a patricide summarizes the kind of protective father figure development that should have already been in 4.

Those van entrances tho.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah dmc 1 had 23 mission but some of them are 5 minutes long, and the whole game is 3 to 5 hour long, while dmc 5 is 12 hour long... Better have more hour than more mission, and having 20 mission is now a dmc tradition since dmc 3
DMC1 originally had no missions. It was an RE game and back then they had no divisions as such. The mission structure was added near the end to differentiate the game from RE ones. The number of missions really is an arbitrary amount in 1.

I definitely didn’t like the Vergil redemption either. It felt so unnatural.
The whole thing comes off rather fast, though, I think the idea was to have the whole thing be something we see from start to finish but none of that came to anything. It was all a spontaneous thing that sort of just popped up, much like Nero's DT.

That's actually pretty common in video games. There'll be entire conversations during gameplay or cutscenes that seem to ignore everything said not a few seconds before when switching to another or changing/ignoring what just happened.

Vergil95

@meg5493 well I can't say that Capcom did an excellent job on vergil story in dmc 5 they could obviously have Done it better, they should have only let the third act of dmc 5 be longer and explore more of vergil character and take humor out of vergil and Dante battle, but nonetheless I like what we got, I like vergil in dmc 5 and it's story ...

I m glade we have this game whit this story instead of not having anything like we did for 10 years...

We Will obviously get more game whit more information about vergil and Nero s mom, let's just wait and see

@berto yeah I know that dmc 1 was originally re 4, actually re 4 is divided in mission so I think that it was divide in mission from the start, unless they decide to change Re 4 into mission after dmc 1 came out...

Also i don't think that there is an error in dialogue during vergil boss battle, I think that vergil know that nero is his son but simply playing fake fool whit dante when he say: nero his my son?!

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I can see that. The interactions between Dante and Nero especially were more heartfelt this time around. That whole thing about Dante always trying to keep Nero out of the fight ever since the prologue's famous "dead weight" line, making him think he's doing it cause he deems Nero too weak, only to culminate in the revelation that he'd actually been doing it to spare Nero becoming a patricide summarizes the kind of protective father figure development that should have already been in 4.

Those van entrances tho.

Its tough in 4 because they start out as enemies and the arc to friendship is left to mission 11. It would have been better if the campaigns were separate and we got to see Dante find out Nero is Vergil's kid. It's there in the game but easy to miss.

Or just have a story were they know each other from the start.

berto

I Saw the Devil
4 is divided in mission so I think that it was divide in mission from the start, unless they decide to change Re 4 into mission after dmc 1 came out...
Remember that RE4 came out 4 years after DMC1. There is nothing of DMC in RE4, well, almost, so mission structure or no, it don't think DMC was of any relevance to that decision. RE4 had 3 or 4 builds and almost none of them have anything to do with the final product.

Vergil95

Remember that RE4 came out 4 years after DMC1. There is nothing of DMC in RE4, well, almost, so mission structure or no, it don't think DMC was of any relevance to that decision. RE4 had 3 or 4 builds and almost none of them have anything to do with the final product.
Many dmc things did end up in the final product of re 4
- both dmc and re 4 take place into an infested Castel and and island
- leon and dante look similar in design
- in both ending you take control of veichle to escape an exploding island
- the sparda sword design look very very similar to Krause harm
- the divinity statue i similar to the merchant shop
- the green, red and yellow orbs are essentially the green, red and yellow herbs in resident evil 4
- the mission structure

Yeah re 4 had 3 or 4 building but many things did end up in the fink product, like leon design, the castle level, enemy design and the third person perspective, they only change the plot and some gameplay

Dmc 1 is the shortest dmc game in term of length despite him having more mission, dmc 5 could have been 30 mission if Capcom wanted, just solid up some long mission in two like mission 3 or mission 8 or mission 12, and you would have had 30 mission

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Vergil95 While I did say that RE4 had one or two elements handed down from DMC, just about none of those are from DMC.
- both dmc and re 4 take place into an infested Castel and and island
- in both ending you take control of veichle to escape an exploding island
- the sparda sword design look very very similar to Krause harm
You just described every RE game made before 4, OniMusha and Dino Crisis. Those are all very common elements in Shinji Mikami games and he was involved in all of those projects. Even the design for Krauser's arm/Sparda aren't that foreign if you throw them in a pile of RE creature designs like the tyrants.

- the divinity statue i similar to the merchant shop
Shops don't exactly exist only exclusively in these two games.

- the green, red and yellow orbs are essentially the green, red and yellow herbs in resident evil 4
Yellow herbs don't revive you and red herbs aren't used as currency. The colors match but that's because DMC got that from it's RE roots. Green, yellow and red herbs are an RE staple from the very first game.

- leon and dante look similar in design
This is the only one I agree with but none of the others were any of the things I had in mind that RE4 inherited from DMC. Aside from Leon's makeover there is the way you can shoot enemy weapons being thrown at you in the air and how both have fatality animations for just about every enemy. The rest, though, not DMC staples.

- the mission structure
And that's what we're discussing. The mission structure for DMC was Kamiya's idea and he had no involvement in RE4. That was purely a Mikami game so I find it less likely that RE4 went that way because of DMC.

Vergil95

@berto
What you say isn't entirely true since in previous resident evil you didn't take control of a veichle at the end to live an island, you cannot notice the similarity between devil may cry and resident evil 4 final escape, they are identical only that in one you use a plane in the other you use a jet skis, also there were no castle in previous resident evil game, re 4 is the First game to put an European castle , and the dmc castle and re 4 castle are very similar in design...
Sparda sword had exactly the same design as Krause harm, tyrant harm are completely different...

Shop doesn't exist in this two game only of course, but since dmc was originally re 4 its likely that the idea was taken from this building ad went on into later concept until it makes into the final build...

The green red Yellow and blue orb have different effect than the herbs from herbs, but if dmc was first re 4 it is easy to assume that they were herb and later they were change into orbs

Kamiya was involved in the first re 4 concept that later became dmc, so he was involved in RE 4 in some extent, also I the re 4 making of, kamiya say that it was his idea to make leon more cooler and action character something that we had in the final game...

Well re 4 isn't exactly a purely mikami game since he take many things form the previous build of Re 4, everyone say that mikami is genius for putting the 3rd person perspective on Re 4 but they forget that it was first introduced in the previous building Wich had a completely different director... Resident evil 4 had at least 4 version before, mikami make the last one but take many things from previous version like the 3rd person view, leon design and enemy design, he didnt make the final build from scratches he take things that he like from previous concept and than made his own version ...
I think that mikami decided to put mission in RE 4 because maybe he liked the idea in dmc, but maybe not who knows.. Also Capcom herself admitted that the chapter selection in RE 5 is taken directly from the dmc series...

berto

I Saw the Devil
in previous resident evil you didn't take control of a veichle at the end to live an island
Dino Crisis.

you cannot notice the similarity between devil may cry and resident evil 4 final escape
Didn't notice? I pointed out that those are things that you get from RE games and Dino Crisis. I pointed out the similarities and their origin. The castle/island/laboratory is about to explode, get to the helicopter/jet ski/hovercraft before the clock runs out. DMC is not the first instance of this formula. Not even the second.

also there were no castle in previous resident evil game
The mansion in RE/make and RE2 has more in common with the castle in DMC than the one in RE4, in tone, design and architecture. In fact, the castle in 4 doesn't anything in common with the one in DMC. Play them recently? Give them a go and see. And I don't mean the remake of 2, either. I mean the original. Even the music sounds like a DMC1 stage BGM.

but if dmc was first re 4 it is easy to assume that they were herb and later they were change into orbs
That's a faulty argument. If DMC1 came first? So, this game was made it originates all, doesn't matter that others did it even before it. It came first of the two games in question but, like I said, herbs of different colors didn't show up in 4 first, they've been there since one.

Kamiya was involved in the first re 4 concept that later became dmc
Yeah, as in that entire project was made in to DMC, after that Kamiya wasn't involved in any of the the ensuing builds of RE4. He had no say or advice because he wasn't involved anymore.

Sparda sword had exactly the same design as Krause harm, tyrant harm are completely different...
Tyrant's arms? I didn't say tyrant's arms, I said if you stick Krauser and the Sparda between other RE enemy designs, such as the tyrants, they wouldn't stick out in the least. They're very common RE designs from back then.

I think that mikami decided to put mission in RE 4 because maybe he liked the idea in dmc, but maybe not who knows
I still think it's a bit of a stretch. Not because it's inconceivable but because they both work so differently from the other. There is no start stage in RE4 like in DMC, nor the access to the store. Just save and next. DMC's has a completely different layout and format and when you take elements from other thing they tend to have a lot in common.

Also Capcom herself admitted that the chapter selection in RE 5 is taken directly from the dmc series...
Never heard of this before. Don't suppose you have a link?

Top Bottom