• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was 2 dodge buttons really necessary?

Gray Knight

The title is self explanatory.
I found that I always used the analog stick to control the direction I went and always used only one of the dodge buttons. Note I set it so that on an X box 360 controller my Left bumper was demon mode and left trigger was for Angel Mode. And kept the Right button as the only dodge button I needed.

The Final Offer

No not at all. I thought it was very silly to have two dodge buttons. They could have easily used the other for devil trigger. Or....

you know.....

a lock on button.

:whistle:

If only they would've thought of that!

Oh they did...

Well what was the problem?

Oh...the new camera...and it being a reboot...and the ability to choose which style of defense you wanna use...

Damn..

Meg

If only they would've thought of that!

Oh they did...

Well what was the problem?

Oh...the new camera...and it being a reboot...and the ability to choose which style of defense you wanna use...

Damn..
I don't know why I even bother to make jokes about DmC because without fail someone will take it seriously and get upset and snippy. Mm mm mm. Fo shame no having a sense of humor. Shame.

And don't you dare say you were only joking because nothing about your post suggests humor.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

I don't know why I even bother to make jokes about DmC because without fail someone will take it seriously and get upset and snippy. Mm mm mm. Fo shame now having a sense of humor. Shame.

And don't you dare say you were only joking because nothing about your post suggests humor.

If only I would've thought to say that!

But I didn't...

Well why didn't I?

Because you thought it would translate better....and also be a fun way to incorporate facts...

Damn..thanks brain..

No problem...you owe me food!

What kind of food!?

BRAIN FOOD YOU IDIOT!

DON'T YELL AT ME BRAIN!

FEED ME AND I WON'T!

Meg

If only I would've thought to say that!

But I didn't...

Well why didn't I?

Because you thought it would translate better....and also be a fun way to incorporate facts...

Damn..thanks brain..

No problem...you owe me food!

What kind of food!?

BRAIN FOOD YOU IDIOT!

DON'T YELL AT ME BRAIN!

FEED ME AND I WON'T!
Um....I have some left over pasta? You can have some. If you want.

Whatever.

I liked having multiple dodges anyway.

Gray Knight

I just found that keeping the Right bumper or R1 if you Play Station as Dodge and The Left Bumber/L1 as Demon mode with Left Trigger/L2 as the angel mode was very convenient for me. I was able to angel and demon dodge just fine due to the ease of access but to each his own.

I just found it a little wasteful as was mentioned before, I heard it was a little more usefule in Vergil's downfall where that used the button to add height or drop height on the teleport which is cool. While they were trying to change up the gameplay and come up with new options I just came to the game as a n00b to the series and saw it a redundant.

Axon49

Frequency 141.80
I thought it was weird to have two dodge buttons and no lock on.

I just hope the next installment learns from the first and gives us what we really want.

Three dodge buttons. I'm thinking L1, R1, and Triangle. Remove the dumb sword attacks. And since the guns weren't very useful anyway, let's just make Square a dodge button as well.

And since we won't have sword attacks anyway, let's just forgo the whole weapon switching thing and make L2 and R2 dodge buttons too.

That's SIX dodge buttons now. GOTY 2016 confirmed.

(Only if they listen to me though)

DmC2: Dodge more Cats 2:: dMc2::: dodge More cats coming in 2016.

Synopsis: Dante finds out he's actually part cat, and he's thrust into the war between cats and dogs and forced to kill his own kind only by dodging them and hoping they fall off ledges to stop the cat propaganda machine. Kat is okay with all of this this, because "cat" is spelled with a "c" not a "k," but Vergil? Oh, boy, he's gonna be ****ed. Vergil ****ing loves cats.

^ That could go on the back of the box. You're welcome, Capcom.

The Final Offer

I thought it was weird to have two dodge buttons and no lock on.

I just hope the next installment learns from the first and gives us what we really want.

Three dodge buttons. I'm thinking L1, R1, and Triangle. Remove the dumb sword attacks. And since the guns weren't very useful anyway, let's just make Square a dodge button as well.

And since we won't have sword attacks anyway, let's just forgo the whole weapon switching thing and make L2 and R2 dodge buttons too.

That's SIX dodge buttons now. GOTY 2016 confirmed.

(Only if they listen to me though)

DmC2: Dodge more Cats 2:: dMc2::: dodge More cats coming in 2016.

Synopsis: Dante finds out he's actually part cat, and he's thrust into the war between cats and dogs and forced to kill his own kind only by dodging them and hoping they fall off ledges to stop the cat propaganda machine. Kat is okay with all of this this, because "cat" is spelled with a "c" not a "k," but Vergil? Oh, boy, he's gonna be ****ed. Vergil ****ing loves cats.

^ That could go on the back of the box. You're welcome, Capcom.

Dude, rumor has it, DMC5 will have only one on one battles for super ultra hard lock on. No need to point to who you wanna hit! No more cycling who you're going to hit! No more random off screen attacks! Just Gee Golly ONE ON ONE LOCK ONS! Just hold one button and GOOOOOOOOO!!

Don't forget to pre order for the exclusive "Dante Burnt My Eggs" Vergil skin.

"Now! He's motivated!"
Coming 2015!

Axon49

Frequency 141.80
Dude, rumor has it, DMC5 will have only one on one battles for super ultra hard lock on. No need to point to who you wanna hit! No more cycling who you're going to hit! No more random off screen attacks! Just Gee Golly ONE ON ONE LOCK ONS! Just hold one button and GOOOOOOOOO!!

This sounds like a massive upgrade from fighting a bunch of enemies at once and being able to lock onto each one.

DMC1-4 are obsolete now. Get with the times, everyone!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I never found it to be a big deal, but the button could have been used for something else. And I don't even mean a lock on.

If you had problems with DmC because of the lack of lock on then, how you dress yourself in the mornings?

Axon49

Frequency 141.80
I never found it to be a big deal, but the button could have been used for something else. And I don't even mean a lock on.

If you had problems with DmC because of the lack of lock on then, how you dress yourself in the mornings?

I 100%'d DmC (trophy-wise) and there were only three things that were remotely frustrating, none of which had much to do with not having a lock on.

It's just a bit strange from a design perspective to have no lock-on and two dodge buttons. I don't even hate it and it wasn't even some game-breaking thing, it's just a bit of an odd choice I think.

The lowered difficulty makes it even less of a real issue. DMC with no lock-on would be unbearable though.

It's better than that unreliable-as-hell R1-X combination from DMC3.

Pssh, everyone knows jumping i-frames are the way to go. :cool:

Top Bottom