• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergils 1,2,and 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Dang was he hard or what? All of the Vergil battles were so interesting and unique. Not the usual giant monsters trying to smash Dante. Which Vergil do you think was the hardest? Was Vergil your fav boss? Did you have a harder time with him then the other bosses? Lets disscuss it! Oh, and btw, Vergil isn't just sexy, he kicks major butt too.

Vergil 1: I couldn't believe the begining of the battle where Vergil just WALKS towards Dante! That cocky biznich, he's so cofident and graceful about it though. I was so used to bosses just lashing out at me as soon as the battle started, noooooo not with Vergil though. REALLY fast, I got wooped the first couple of hundred times, but I finnaly beat him.

Vergil 2: Faster, and harder of course. He went from Gin in Samorai Champloo to Bruce lee. (Lay off the kung foo movies Vergil! Lol!)

Vergil 3: This one was of course the hardest to me, but I had a crapload of vital stars and holy water. (Which didn't do jack to Vergil.)The vital stars made it a bit more easier. The holy water hardly took anything. I love what he saids when you deliver the final blow. ".....Dante.."

Please share, id like to make conversation.

Stillborn

Devil's heart
The very first encounter was the best one. Music makes atmosphere even tense and makes adrenalin flow in your vains. My god I love the first fight with him.

Second has less atmosphere that first had, but it's still a great fight.

And last. No, I just didn't like it at all. Allmost everything is wrong with that fight. The enviroment and the music just wasn't as good as they've should be. But I did love fighting with him.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The 1st battle is okay. It's fun how Vergil can cut those columns during the fight. But it's easy nevertheless.

The second had one of the best music in battles. Vergil with Beowulf has insane attack power, and it's fun how both can transform now. Again, he's a bit predictable.

The 3rd one has a nice stage. And it's really difficult in Higher Difficulties. But quite nice how they made a final Mission with only a boss. The stage as I said is interesting and the conclusion too.

He definitely is not the hardest boss out there:p
Arkham is. But as a character, he's cool nevertheless;)

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Well, none of the Vergil battles were bad, I, in fact liked them all. The first one simply because of the setting it had, it was just awesome, fighting on top of a tower, with it pouring down, and just clashing swords. And the music that went with the battle wasn't half bad either, in fact I really liked it. The Enviroment, talking about the battle place was very interactive in the sense that if you hit the pillars on the outside they would break, so that is what set this enviroment off to me. Especially when your dodging attacks and you are near to the pillars, when Vergil slashes, his attacks even break it, so I admire that they put all that interaction into one single boss fight.

The Second battle, again, I liked this for the setting, being trapped in a room. Forced to fight, forced to lose blood. And the room gave it a really eerie effect, so that is something that set this off to me as well, and also - as Tony pointed out - the music in this battle is awesome, probably the best in the game. I also really liked that Vergil had the art of martial arts in this fight, and even though his moves were predictable - he was a formiddable foe none the less.

The third one - well, it gave the sense that you had to survive in order to get back to the human world, and also - I liked the setting, fighting on what seemed to be a Cliff or a Waterfall is always good. And I really liked that Vergil had the force edge in this battle, and the Round trip move is always good. This was my favourite battle with Vergil. I always play this on Very Hard or DMD. So challenging.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Yeah, I loved the music in the first two battles, but the music to the last one was just terrible. But all of the settings were cool. As for him being perdictable, well, thats pretty much EVERY boss in EVERY game. After you fight them for a while, you get used to it and relize what they're gonna do with sertain movements and sounds they make. For example, when fighting The three headed dog, you knew when he howls that it's about to rain ice. And with Agni and Rudra, you knew when they ran passed you they were gonna charge back at you. I personaly think that Vergil was the least perdictable.

Anyways, has anyone ever tried to hide from Vergil in the first battle? If you hide behind a statue he'll stand there for a second and say, "Wheres your motivation?" It's so cool.

noobfun

music to the third battle was all sad and depressing, im fighting the big(well umm ok not so big) scarry (hes a cold calculating psycho)

i wanted more fast rock music, not a song to make me cry

did think the third battle was the probabily the easiest of the 3, just rolled when he parried and threw standard boe wolf combo's at him(still took me 3 tries till i decided to put rebellion away), then ran away when he dt'ed must have had a hell of a dry cleaning bll after all the rolling in sludge i did

the first one was the most fun spooky setting good music crap weapons(yeah i was figuring out the combat system so they just seemed crap) and rain .... every good boss fight should have rain

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Gaaaahhhhhhh! Why didn't I notice this before!? I just figure out that Dante isn't the only one that heals during devil trigger mode! And im not talking about playing as Vergil, as a boss he heals! Agh! ( I know im slow.)

Boyvu22

I think the third battle as one of my favorites, mainly because I'm a royalguard type of guy. and the last version of him is simply GREAT for royal guard. I think the first fight with him was my least favorite, I don't know why, I did like the setting and the music though. And as for the seconf version of him, It's just in the middle I liked fighting him with Beowulf. He's really tricky. I still find him hard to beat.

Cairnth

Vergil's Teacher XD
Hmm, I liked the first and last. Wasn't too impressed with the second. Loved all of the cut scenes surrounding them though!

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I like when Vergil 3 has about a quater life left. Then he gets REALLY agressive. Although it ticks me off sometimes because he'll DT and just stand there for a few seconds and lets himself heal. Grrrrrr!

The first time I fought Vergil 3 and his life bar was almost gone he kept doing this thing where he just went berzerk in DT and did those little circle things all around the area while making this loud noise. He was also invisible too. Although that was only the first time I fought Vergil 3 he hasn't done it since.

Cairnth

Vergil's Teacher XD
The circle things are called "Judgement Cut"s.

I just love when you shoot him with E&I, he just blocks with his katana. Looks bril.

Playing as Vergil fighting Vergil is fun.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Cairnth;43977 said:
I just love when you shoot him with E&I, he just blocks with his katana. Looks bril.

Me too, I shoot at him on purpose just to see him do that. ^^ But there was this one time I was fighting him, I had got behind him and I shot at him real quick and a bullet hit him in the back of his head. His head jerked foward it was halarious!

Cairnth

Vergil's Teacher XD
I've rethought it, and the first fight was my favourite. Using just Rebellion and E&I on that mission really, just, has a certain feeling to it. However you can't beat fighting Vergil 1 with Vergil, using just Yamato.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom