• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil, Trish, and Lady Gameplay Analysis and Discussion

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
^I'll get to that later.

So new scans for Vergil has been released and I want to cover them a little bit.

An article explaining the Concentration mechanic:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/0...ration-style-devil-may-cry-4-special-edition/

List of the images:

http://www.siliconera.com/postgallery/?p_gal=473332|0

I'm just going to analyze the images that interest me.

vergil_genei_ss02_pop.jpg
004.jpg

036.jpg

Maybe its me but I just now recognized that the summon swords looks just like Force Edge. Its also been that way since DMC3. Nelo Angelo's Summon Swords in DMC1 looked different though. Hmmm....plus with this version of the Force Edge design with the shadow smoke effect I wonder?

Is it me but this version of Beowulf looks so different from the DMC3 version as well....hmm...I have a theory on that. Speaking of Beowulf...

014.jpg

Lock-On is still there. I was getting a bit nervous with how they'll incorporate the new play-styles especially Vergil's with DMC4's system.

New combo info

Yamato: the base combo has 3 variatons and the 3rd one end carve up the enemy with countless super-speed slashes and then deliver a final, devastating blow.

Beowul
: it has the basic A combo (end with 2 kicks) and a B combo rocks the opponent with lightning-fast kicks (similar to Dante’s Beowulf combo ?), The Devil Trigger version of Lunar Phase has faster spins, and the finishing kick is followed by two additional rising kicks. The Devil Trigger version of Lunar Phase 2 has faster spins, more hits, and increased attack power.

Force Edge: Round Trip officially confirmed, The Devil Trigger version of Stinger is stronger and dishes out more hits. The Devil Trigger version of Stinger 2 will give you even more distance and hits, and deal even more damage.

Style: apparently no DarkSlayer to teleport but we’ll have to use the Air Trick with Summoned Swords
“Air Trick: Mark your target with a Summoned Sword, then close the distance with high-speed movement. Use multiple Summoned Swords to travel quickly between enemies. ”

Concentration Gauge: Vergil can build the Concentration Gauge by landing attacks on enemies and by dodging their attacks, getting hit by enemy attacks or running will cause the gauge to deplete. Missing attacks will also deplete the gauge, so you‘ll have to be efficient with your attacks during battle.
Some moves are performable only when the Gauge is full (more moves beside the ne shown in the trailer ?)

It would seem Rising Sun is in but different than usual. Odd but I'll see how it takes. I love how they're incorporating his DT so far. I wonder what they mean by Lunar Phase and Lunar Phase 2.

It seems the 1st picture is apart of the 3rd combo and the last one is the finisher of the 3rd combo...I wonder if his DT has any effect on the combo(s). His slashes becomes purple instead of blue while in DT it seems.

Force Edge Stinger and DT Stinger. Maybe its me but I consider Regular Stinger and DT Stinger 2 different moves for its not just a damage input that is different but DT Stinger in DMC4 has a completely different effect than Stinger. Also, Vergil's Round Trip seems to be completely different than Dante's Round Trip since his acts as a vacuum that can drag in multiple enemies that is near the enemy that is getting hit by Round Trip. Nice.

I'll cover the new "Air Trick" and Concentration mechanic later.

So far Vergil is looking fantastic. I'm curious how Trish is since Gregaman prefers her the most.

For any updates go here:

http://devilmaycry.org/threads/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-news-updates.20152/

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So I want to assess or predict Vergil's weapon moveset so far based on what is seen.

Yamato

Combo A
Combo B
Combo C
Judgment Cut
NEW Aerial Rave
Aerial Spinning Attack (could be his aerial pause combo)
Rising Slash (can rise now)
Rapid Slash
DT Rapid Slash

Beowulf

Combo A
Combo B
Lunar Phase (even though he can pull it off in the air its unknown if he can still pull it off on land)
DT Lunar Phase w/ Rising Sun
Beast Uppercut

Force Edge

Combo A
Drive(???)
Helm Breaker
High Time(???)
Stinger
DT Stinger
Round Trip

Summoned Swords

Sword Shoot
Spiral Swords
Sword Storm
Blistering Storm
Sword Rain (NEW)

This is not counting the Concentration mechanic and I don't know how that fully affects his moveset. He is clearly missing a few moves at the moment (like Starfall) as his full skillset is not shown yet

Last edited:

Veloran

So I want to assess or predict Vergil's weapon moveset so far based on what is seen.

Yamato

Combo A
Combo B
Combo C
Judgment Cut
NEW Aerial Rave
Aerial Spinning Attack (could be his aerial pause combo)
Rising Slash (can rise now).

Beowulf

Combo A
Combo B
Lunar Phase (even though he can pull it off in the air its unknown if he can still pull it off on land)
DT Lunar Phase w/ Rising Sun
Beast Uppercut

Force Edge

Combo A
Drive(???)
Helm Breaker
High Time(???)
Stinger
DT Stinger
Round Trip

Summoned Swords

Sword Shoot
Spiral Swords
Sword Storm
Blistering Storm
Sword Rain (NEW)

This is not counting the Concentration mechanic and I don't know how that fully affects his moveset. He is clearly missing a few moves at the moment (like Starfall and Rapid Slash) as his full skillset is not shown yet
It seems likely that Vergil still has Rapid Slash.

QxhaBMJ.jpg

Blazer-X

Pretty sure that's DT Rapid Slash. All the lock+forward moves for Dante have DT variations, and it seems that Vergil has the same pattern.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
^True

I hope Vergil has more NUMBERED moves than Nero.

Nero moveset consists of:
Red Queen
1. Red Queen Combo A
2. Red Queen Combo B
3. Red Queen Combo C
4. Red Queen Combo D
5. Aerial Combo
6. Roulette Spin
7. Exceed/ EX-Act/MAX-Act
8. High Roller
9. EX High Roller
10. Rising EX High Roller
11. Streak
12. EX Streak
13. Split
14. Double Down
15. Calibur
16. EX Calibur
17. Shuffle
18. EX Shuffle

Blue Rose
19. Normal Shot
20. Charge Shot
21. Charge Shot 2
22. Charge Shot 3

Devil Bringer
23. Buster/ Devil Buster
24. Snatch/ Devil Snatch
25. Hell Bound
26. Hold

Devil Trigger (Yamato)
27. Summon Swords
28. Summon Swords Charge Shot (level 1-3)
29. Maximum Bet
30. Showdown
31. DT Impact

Movement
32. Evade Roll
33. Table Hopper
34. Run
35. Rainbow

So 35 moves for Nero

Vergil's moveset so far

Yamato
1. Yamato Combo A
2. Yamato Combo B
3. Yamato Combo C
4. Judgment Cut
5. NEW Aerial Rave
6. Aerial Spinning Attack (could be his aerial pause combo)
7. Rising Slash (can rise now)
8. Rapid Slash
9. DT Rapid Slash

Beowulf

10. Beowulf Combo A
11. Beowulf Combo B
12. Lunar Phase (even though he can pull it off in the air its unknown if he can still pull it off on land)
13. DT Lunar Phase w/ Rising Sun
14. Beast Uppercut

Force Edge
15. Force Combo A
16. Drive(???)
17. Helm Breaker
18. High Time(???)
19. Stinger
20. DT Stinger
21. Round Trip

Summoned Swords
22. Sword Shoot
23. Spiral Swords
24. Sword Storm
25. Blistering Storm
26. Sword Rain (NEW)
27. Air Trick/Grim Trick

Movement
28. Trick Up (apparently its still there)
29. Trick Down (apparently its also still there)
30. Basic Evade

So 30 but I didn't include that screen clearing move due to not counting the Concentration mechanic yet. Also apparently Vergil has access to more moves when at max Concentration so I didn't include that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So, apparently Vergil can do air stingers now. I'm glad they picked up one or two tricks from Bayonetta but I really wish they'd done it earlier and added it to DmC: DE, at least, and added one or two more, while they were at it.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So, apparently Vergil can do air stingers now. I'm glad they picked up one or two tricks from Bayonetta but I really wish they'd done it earlier and added it to DmC: DE, at least, and added one or two more, while they were at it.

Its probably a forward directional input but in the mid air like Nero's Split.

If that is the case then that aerial Lunar Phase is most likely an aerial directional input and we'll have a ground Lunar Phase as well. Oh man I hope he has an aerial rapid slash that would be dope as opium.

I also want an aerial Judgement Cut. I know Mitsunari (whose fighting style is based off of Vergil's) in SB4 can pull off an aerial Judgment Cut (Capcom introduced the concept of aerial moves in their SB series in SB4 like Masamune can pull off an aerial Stinger and a lot of characters can pull off aerial versions of their ground based moves and inputs).

Also, DmC: DE was handled by another developer, not NT, they just altered the games coding to tidy up stuff and alter enemy AI. This being made by the same team who made the original albeit not 100% the same team members.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Also, DmC: DE was handled by another developer, not NT, they just altered the games coding to tidy up stuff and alter enemy AI. This being made by the same team who made the original albeit not 100% the same team members.
Says who? GregaMan came in here and said Ninja Theory did it.

If you're trying to refer to QLOC you should know their services extend only to the PC port of the game because they're a company that doesn't just develop things. They help port and localize things among other implementation services.

Ninja Theory were indeed the ones behind it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
People on gamefaq b!tch about aerial Stinger, claiming that Vergil is gonna be OP as hell.

The level of stupidity on that site always amazes me.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Says who? GregaMan came in here and said Ninja Theory did it.

If you're trying to refer to QLOC you should know their services extend only to the PC port of the game because they're a company that doesn't just develop things. They help port and localize things among other implementation services.

Ninja Theory were indeed the ones behind it.
I'm pretty sure it was GregaMan who said that they handled the port from PC to PS4/One. Ninja Theory was involved but the involvement of the company that ported the game is more than you are giving them credit for.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
People on gamefaq b!tch about aerial Stinger, claiming that Vergil is gonna be OP as hell.

The level of stupidity on that site always amazes me.

well Dante is op as hell and there twins even if vergil is younger lol it makes sense he would be op with all his new moves considering what Dante can pull off in 4

But him being op ain't a bad thing

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
well Dante is op as hell and there twins even if vergil is younger lol it makes sense he would be op with all his new moves considering what Dante can pull off in 4

But him being op ain't a bad thing

Vergil is the eldest of the twins not the youngest...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I meant vergil is younger canonically in DMC4 se as of when bis story is set but not younger in age , younger and much less powerful but still op

Top Bottom