• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

VB's Obssessive Art Thread

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I know i have a very... 'cutesy-poo' way of drawing things...

I don't mean to make it look like that though.

I am in the midst of doing another pic... Vergil's hair is getting on my nerves.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'm sorry. ;)

Vergil's hair is an art form in itself. It annoys me no end as well. For a rough guide, I just use screenshots that shows where his main bits of hair poke back.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
i've got the basic idea, but, it's just getting the height right... I mean... thats if it has height

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Yeah it does... my rough estimate from the studies/drawings I've got... his hair sticks up about 1-1.5 and 2 inches (inches scaled compared to Vergil's head) above the height of the top of his head in the highest place. More than Sparda's, as his father's is neatly slicked back and flatter, whereas Vergil's is just kind of scraped back loosely. So it sticks up further than Sparda's, which is more like 1 inch high at most, with no bits hanging off.

Vergil's is like, all over the place.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
:D
I never thought of measuring his hair before... although i am working in pixels... so i don't think it would help.

I've gotta be honest and say i did it my own way again.
I don't think i can post the pic here though, so its gonna be another for deviant art.

Although, i think that pic is gonna look better with Nite and Vergil covered in blood...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well when I say measure... it's more like a proportions guide to remember. Like I always remember that when drawing people they're usually about 7 (or 7.5) of their own heads tall, or that the distance of the ends of your fingers of one hand to the other with both arms outstretched from your sides is roughly your height, and stuff like that, and it helps me draw a figure faster to remember these shortcuts. Guessing that his hair sticks up that much I can roughly guess how many inches long his face is in any drawing, and from that figure how much height the hair will have.

(It's crazy having to draw with all these stupid proportions and ratios in your head)

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Along-side writing Nite-Runner, I am still creating pieces of... 'art'

Here is my Version of the evolved Turel from Legacy of Kain Defiance.
He is basically a huuuge bat, but without the wings. He is blind (like a bat...)
At the moment i can do a very good impression of him, thanks to having the sniffles.
*Gruff, growly voice *"Time to run, time to scream... time to die"

4949553799_f38967a328_b.jpg

I do have another pic, but it will ruin the big surprise at the end of Nite-Runner

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Vergil'sB*tch;270188 said:
Along-side writing Nite-Runner, I am still creating pieces of... 'art'

Here is my Version of the evolved Turel from Legacy of Kain Defiance.
He is basically a huuuge bat, but without the wings. He is blind (like a bat...)
At the moment i can do a very good impression of him, thanks to having the sniffles.
*Gruff, growly voice *"Time to run, time to scream... time to die"

4949553799_f38967a328_b.jpg

I do have another pic, but it will ruin the big surprise at the end of Nite-Runner

This is soooo coool! What programme do you use to CG? How come I've only noticed this now? I need to get myself back onto DA......I might try and sort out my account. Fabulous stuff VB!

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Thanks Eb
I use a great little program called Paint .net
Its a bit like photoshop, but my version isn't as good.
(Plus, it free *cough*) :D

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Started a new style (new for myself anyway) PIXEL ART.

I'm starting out small.
So first Pixel art was a cherry.
5116517452_55f796d0be_s.jpg

And i tried my Initials in Pxl Art.
5116517608_231a708fa6_s.jpg

I also made a pumpkin... but its on a corrupted memory stick.>_<
I created them In MSPaint

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Your bat almost reminds me of Dracula in the Van Helsing movie with Hugh Jackman as well...Van Helsing. XD Ish pretty sweet ^_^ Keep up the good work!

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
^_^ Cute GIFs VeeBee.

I thought I'g give you my nice handy making GIFs hints.

Basically I cheat! I found a really basic GIF on the internet. Load it up, zoom in, out etc and just delete and add pixels to that design to make it your own - I did this with my devil dude -
devilgif4.gif
and you see how my (crappy) Dante is pretty much the same shape minus the purple-ness and wings?
stupid1.gif

If your gonna move onto human shapes. It's always good to start with a basic shape using a template - Hope this helps - I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :D
(I put my crap in spoilers so I'm not clogging up your art thread. :D)

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Shadow: Its a picture made out of tiny little squares... at least, that how i describe it.

Faustinasa: Thanks :D I've never noticed that... *thinks back to the film* you're right, he kinda does.

Ebony:Thanks Eb.
Devil Kazuya looks cute.
Look at Dante's Nipple straps... cute.
They're not cr@ppy.
I don't understand how you get them so bloomin small.

I think I might stick with fruit for the moment :lol:
Not really confident to move on at the moment.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
A pixel picture of Vergil...

5118705292_fda907f347_z.jpg

Lost concentration a few times....
But In the end, it was finished :wub:
Although, I can pick out two mistakes.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014