• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unleash your demons

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;194500 said:
Ugh... I am SO angry about this... I wish I could show you guys, but apparently this kid shot both his parents in the head because they wouldn't let him play Halo 3. His mom died, but his dad didn't and (this is the kicker) he SUPPORTED him in court. He said and I quote, "It was the game's fault. Violent video games like Halo 3 should be banned." Bullpucky. The EXACT SAME THING happened in the 90's with heavy metal music. They're just using violent video games as an excuse so that the kid gets a more lenient sentence. He got 23 years. He deserves a life-sentence, the good-old gallows or lethal injection. Just something that keeps him out of life. His picture on the page just SCREAMS "Hahaha I got away with it LOLZORZ." So, that's what's grindin' mah gears today.

Where the heck did you hear that?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I saw it on Gamespot. They might not be the MOST reliable, but they print accurate info from time to time, and this seems pretty legit. It was unbiased and had everything else a legit story has.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;194560 said:
I saw it on Gamespot. They might not be the MOST reliable, but they print accurate info from time to time, and this seems pretty legit. It was unbiased and had everything else a legit story has.

No news broadcast... Check!
No big deal in the multimedia world... Check!

Wait, did you say Gamespot?

Coming from a well-known fail site... CHECK!!!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
SpArAda1127;194534 said:
^wow that is crazy...wow some ppl are insane about video games...halo is a good gqme but its not that great...

:lol:
I agree. It's not a 'to kill for' game.

Similar story happened with a couple - they went out to go play a game, left their baby alone at the house, were gone for over four hours, and when they got back the baby was dead, apparently. But I doubt an infant can starve to death within four hours, to be honest, so take these things with a pinch of salt if they're published on the internet. If it's not in the media or in print, it could easily be a hoax, or an event exaggerated. But you do get those little idiots who take advantage of the 'parenting-game-syndrome' and go all Grand Theft Auto in real life, because they know their parents will stick up for them and go 'its the gaming industry to blame'.

What really grinds me, is that parents actually do that. It's always easier to scoot the blame onto somebody else than accept responsibility for your own negligence. 'Oh, son, we can't let you play GTA anymore, it's bad influence'. 'Okay. Dad, can I get the new Halo game?' 'Of course you can.'
:wacko:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You know what Clairavance? People that commented on the story mostly share the same viewpoint as you. Small world, ain't it?

Top Bottom