• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Turbo mod makes this game even more awesome.

Romy

I just gave it a try and gotta say, it adds a whole new level of fun to the game just like its predecessors did. I actually can't believe that NT didn't implement that in the game in the first place. The mod gives that DMC3 feeling of nostalgia and more excitement to kicking everyone's ass. Now all we need is a mod in which Vergil becomes BP-playable and we can die happy. Thanks to whoever made this mod.

D

Deleted member 25469

Thank you for all the attention my mod is getting!

For those who want to download it, it's here: dmcmods.com/2345-turbo-mode
I wholeheartedly recommend combining it with Bloody Palace "Choose your Difficulty" mods for permanent DMD difficulty in Bloody Palace, and also the option that removes elemental enemies from the BP.

Also, the Vergil boss fight in DMD with 15-20% speedup is amazing.

Romy

Also, it's a lot easier and faster to build up to SSS on 20%. (not that it wasn't easy without it)

D

Deleted member 25469

I am working on a no elemental enemies mod, but I'm a little busy with college right now. Third year Computer Engineering ain't easy :p

I'm trying to attack it from two angles. Either to modify the elemental enemies' properties or to replace them entirely.

Mind you, I'm not sure any of them is easy or even possible, but I'm giving it a shot regardless.

There's already a no-elementals mod for the Bloody Palace however. Grab it here, along with the DMD difficulty mod:
dmcmods.com/2125-bloody-palace-choose-difficulty

Terrutas

That would be totally awesome. Thanks to you, this game may even have some redeeming qualities! :D

D

Deleted member 25469

For the record, I claim absolutely no ownership of the Choose your Difficulty mod. I talk about it a lot, but it was made by "sea_guy"!

GF9000000Returns

I think if the game had turbo mode, it would've sold more than what it sold now and shut most of the fans up for saying that the gameplay is "slow".

D

Deleted member 25469

Thanks Romy!

Do some combo vids guys, I'll include them in my mod's page :)

Romy

Here it is. I'm not much of a combo guy, I just destroy efficiently, specially with Vergil. I included the link for the mod. Anyone who has this game, has to have that mod. :)

D

Deleted member 25469

I included your video in my mod's section at DmCMods. Thanks a bunch!

D

Deleted member 25469

Thanks, happy to be of help. I hope you'll make another mod breakthrough.
I'm snooping around UPK files, trying to find out exactly what it is that dictates elemental enemy behavior. I've found this:
DevilGame.DVAIAttackEnableRage_Affinity

Which includes the attribute:
Affinity=EPlayMode.PM_Demon

I'm not sure how to do the following:
- How to change it
- How to change it specifically for the Angel Rage and the Demon Rage
- What to change it to (Is there an all-encompassing "EPlayMode"? Is there even a human EPlayMode?)

Will update as I find out more.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I really don't see a difference. I mean yeah it's faster, but if it was really this fast, I don't think it would have changed sales numbers. There's no way fans are that blind that if the game was just faster, then they'd be lined up at the door for it. -_-

But it does look cool though, so I wouldn't mind using it.^_^

Romy

I really don't see a difference. I mean yeah it's faster, but if it was really this fast, I don't think it would have changed sales numbers. There's no way fans are that blind that if the game was just faster, then they'd be lined up at the door for it. -_-

But it does look cool though, so I wouldn't mind using it.^_^

It's actually a bit tricky to see the difference visually rather than when playing it. Pro players can definitely spot the difference either way.

D

Deleted member 25469

People who play Devil May Cry at a high level are VERY bothered by this kind of thing. It really hampered my enjoyment of the game, which is why I set out to fix it myself.

I can say with full confidence that, for anyone who has tried the game first (demo, whatever), I can see this being a purchase/no purchase thing.

Top Bottom