• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Turbo mod makes this game even more awesome.

Romy

People who play Devil May Cry at a high level are VERY bothered by this kind of thing. It really hampered my enjoyment of the game, which is why I set out to fix it myself.

I can say with full confidence that, for anyone who has tried the game first (demo, whatever), I can see this being a purchase/no purchase thing.

I agree. I remember how painful the one minute of playing DMC3 without turbo switched on was, just to try regular speed. 20% speed up is a HUGE difference for the hands that mastered DMC mechanics.

D

Deleted member 25469

So do you guys want/need more speed-up options?

D

Deleted member 25469

Ask and ye shall receive. Gimme a few minutes to maybe an hour. Busy-ish right now.

EDIT: BTW, you think anyone's gonna use the 5% and 10% speed-ups? I don't want to overcrowd the keyboard with bindings.

Romy

Ask and ye shall receive. Gimme a few minutes to maybe an hour. Busy-ish right now.

EDIT: BTW, you think anyone's gonna use the 5% and 10% speed-ups? I don't want to overcrowd the keyboard with bindings.

No worries, when you catch the time. Honestly, 5 and 10& speed ups are barely anything of a change to most advanced players, in my opinion.

EDIT: I think that up to 50% is still playable, barely with not complete control. But 30 or 40% should be okay.

JoshMoshes

DMC Aficionado

I tried out the 5-10% just to test the differences. Maybe drop the 5% increase and just have 10, 15, 20, 50?

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
No worries, when you catch the time. Honestly, 5 and 10& speed ups are barely anything of a change to most advanced players, in my opinion.

EDIT: I think that up to 50% is still playable, barely with not complete control. But 30 or 40% should be okay.

But they can be a nice stepping stone to players that find the transition a bit more difficult. Maybe the 5% would be unnoticeable but I think the 10% could be a good choice if the keys are free. I think you've also got a good estimate for the 50%. I tried putting DMC4 at about that once and the simple things like controlling movement begin to become a problem as speeds increased from there.

Great job Rukumouru, it's a real big improvement.

EDIT: Oh and in regards to elemental enemies would it be a viable option to check for any inherited attributes of Demon/Angel weapons and just apply them to the entire weapons class instead of just removing them all together?
I'm not too clued up on modding and am also not sure how much of the code you can gain access to.

D

Deleted member 25469

EDIT: Oh and in regards to elemental enemies would it be a viable option to check for any inherited attributes of Demon/Angel weapons and just apply them to the entire weapons class instead of just removing them all together?
Brilliant idea, will look into it.

Yeah, its nice, I messed around with various other console commands also, but I don't recommend over 15% like you said initially, it just feels buggy beyond that, enemies losing track of where you are and etc, but great job nonetheless. I actually always found the game really fast without turbo, because I play on PC without Vsync, and it seems damn fast. I didn't know they had taken out the 15% boost, because I swore I felt it whenever I hit S ranking.

Romy

Yeah, its nice, I messed around with various other console commands also, but I don't recommend over 15% like you said initially, it just feels buggy beyond that, enemies losing track of where you are and etc, but great job nonetheless. I actually always found the game really fast without turbo, because I play on PC without Vsync, and it seems damn fast. I didn't know they had taken out the 15% boost, because I swore I felt it whenever I hit S ranking.

I'm a speed junkie so this mod is like a special drug for me. :D I tried playing up to 50% and found out that 30% is most comfortable for me. Bear in mind that Vergil's at least 10% faster than Dante overall so with Vergil, you might lose a bit control if you set the speed boost too high.

Yeah, I know Romy :p, I like the flow of combat at default or 15%, because I love doing dodges and parries etc, beyond 15 I felt like exactly what you said, like I was on speed or something. lol. But good to know that this game just keeps on giving.

Romy

Yeah, I know Romy :p, I like the flow of combat at default or 15%, because I love doing dodges and parries etc, beyond 15 I felt like exactly what you said, like I was on speed or something. lol. But good to know that this game just keeps on giving.

Did you see Vergil in BP? It's still experimental but I think we'll soon have him 100% playable. And then, rest is silence...

D

Deleted member 25469

Alright, now I REALLY know where the thing for the elemental rages is.

RageGameplayTemplate_Angel, contains the following attribute:
DamagableInfo=NTGeneralDamageInfo'Rage_Archetypes.AffinityDamageInfo_Angel'

Now I gotta find out how the hell to change it... All of this stuff is in packed .upk files.

Alright, now I REALLY know where the thing for the elemental rages is.

RageGameplayTemplate_Angel, contains the following attribute:
DamagableInfo=NTGeneralDamageInfo'Rage_Archetypes.AffinityDamageInfo_Angel'

Now I gotta find out how the hell to change it... All of this stuff is in packed .upk files.

Well, the rages aren't that much of an issue, I'd rather the blue knights and red knights be figured out.

Romy

Aw, man, I've come to hate .upk files. I tried extracting battle themes from those files with no success. I hope you'll find a way.

Aw, man, I've come to hate .upk files. I tried extracting battle themes from those files with no success. I hope you'll find a way.
Yeah, I mean at best you're finding hex values and manipulating them, exchanging songs is actually a lot harder than making changes like turbo, or disabling the timer, and increasing difficulty.

Romy

Yeah, I mean at best you're finding hex values and manipulating them, exchanging songs is actually a lot harder than making changes like turbo, or disabling the timer, and increasing difficulty.

That's too bad, because I posted that request in mods section. I wanna be able to manipulate the songs to my own liking. Man, DMC3 was so easy to mod in general, compared to this one.

WEll, at least they put a serious amount of effort into music design, it really does flow with the combat, but yeah, your best bet is just playing something in the background.

Top Bottom