• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Toonami is back!

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well for all those anime fans like myself who grew up watching this awesome block that featured anime every week will be happy to hear that Toonami is back for 1 night only "apparently".

Imagine how shocked I was when I actually saw Tom come out and give a wuts up to Adult Swim, it was really a WTF moment for sure. It seems like this is merely a cruel April Fools joke on us, but at least we get a bit of the Toonami back for 1 night. Currently Dragonball Z is on and Mobile Suit Gundam comes up next followed by Tenchi Muyo.

I'm feeling so freaken Nostalgic at the moment lol.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
YES!!!!!! :) Dude I grew with this too and its moments like this that I wish I had cable! I missed Tom too, God this is so cool!!!

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Yea news is circling all around the web pretty fast.

Hopefully it gets enough views and attention that Cartoon Network decides to bring it back or Adult Swim decides to keep it on for Saturdays.

Unlikely I know, but a guy can dream lol.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
urgh i remember when cartoon network changed it to cn too then put their horrible programs that noone really watches anymore on it and left a bit of room for toonami anime but not anymore make today last.......

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It seems like Cartoon Network thinks anime doesn't bring in revenue anymore. That's unfortunate, because it couldn't be further from the truth...

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Tell me Tom's still voiced by Steve Blum, otherwise it's just not the same.

Yea he still voices him.

It was awesome to hear his voice as Tom once again.

Considering the fact that he voiced tom for around 7 years I would think that it holds a special place in his heart as well which is why he was so willing to return. Also, Tom just wouldn't be Tom without him.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I can only watch their shows from YT, yeah I remember Toonami, I been kid and watched this. In Poland show consisted some Transformers series shows, mainly western animation, this sucked as I watched on YT USA or GB editions, and that maded me fan of anime too

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say its because of Toonami that most of us here got into anime. Particularly Dragon Ball/Z and the Gundam series.

lorddemolatron

Premium
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say its because of Toonami that most of us here got into anime. Particularly Dragon Ball/Z and the Gundam series.

I only know anime from Cheated entering to Toonami Jetsream as I used fake US IP, or watched full screening of toonami on Youtube. Being EU member and having their IP sometimes makes life hard if you want to see show you like In more addition. Polish Toonami was not that what I seen in NA.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I only know anime from Cheated entering to Toonami Jetsream as I used fake US IP, or watched full screening of toonami on Youtube. Being EU member and having their IP sometimes makes life hard if you want to see show you like In more addition. Polish Toonami was not that what I seen in NA.
Did they censer shows or just didn't broadcast certain shows?

lorddemolatron

Premium
Did they censer shows or just didn't broadcast certain shows?

Yes. On polish was Total censor on Anime case, the Toonami never getted any of Japan shows, only I seen Western animation instead them :/, so I used Youtube to see missing things like Bleach or other animes proudly broadcasted on Toonami

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yes. On polish was Total censor on Anime case, the Toonami never getted any of Japan shows, only I seen Western animation instead them :/, so I used Youtube to see missing things like Bleach or other animes proudly broadcasted on Toonami
What a drag.. But hey at least you got to see the shows on Youtube. :)

Topic: By any chance did this one night Toonami thing pass or no?

lorddemolatron

Premium
What a drag.. But hey at least you got to see the shows on Youtube. :)

Topic: By any chance did this one night Toonami thing pass or no?

This is Polish note from Wikipedia about Toonami and shows that Polish edition was censored from anime part:

Year 2002 [edit]

In Poland, was launched on 4 November 2002 initially lasted one hour and was broadcast from Monday to Friday. 19:55-21:00 and 13:00-14:05 on weekends.The first series, which appeared in the Toonami block were already known to viewers of Cartoon Network:Justice League (from 4.11.)Batman Beyond (from 4.11.)The real adventures of Jonny Quest (from 4.11.)X-Men: Evolution (from 9.11.)Samurai Jack (from 9.11.)

2003 [edit]

This situation lasted until the 15 June 2003 during the holidays Cartoon Network decided to pay a double dose of Toonami viewers daily. By 31 August 2003, Toonami could be seen in hours. 10:00-11:05 and from 19:55-21:00.From 1 September 2003, Toonami has lengthened the time of emission, from Monday to Friday. 19:30-21:00 and 13:00-14:05 on weekends.November 8 Toonami appeared in a new cartoon by Chris Colorado, and two days later (10 November) we were able to watch the animated version of Star wars: The Clone Wars, which was created by Genndy Tartakovsky
.2004 [edit]
In January 2004, Toonami block extended emission time including weekends, from January 10 on Saturday and Sunday hours. 10:00-11:30 is an opportunity to watch cartoons full of adventure and action.6 and 7 March Cartoon Network has prepared a double surprise for fans of Toonami. In those days the hour. 6:00-21:00 aired all-day mega-marathon Toonami Total, whose main attraction was a new cartoon, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.October 9 and again Toonami and Cartoon Network Polish broadcasts the first ever Japanese animated series, which is the Masters Kaijudo. Shortly later, November 1 there is a second anime - Transformers: War of Energon.
2005 [edit]
January 8 comes another new series - Teen Titans. And as of January 31 Toonami once again changes the time of issue and from that time from Monday to Friday morning appears (in the hour. 7:00-7:50) and evening (the hour. 19:00-20:15) Toonami. From 5 February to the animated series action-adventure joins Megas XLR.This summer from July 30 every weekend in the hour. 16:00-16:50 Toonami block appeared KnockOut consisting in the fact that viewers choose one of several cartoons and vote for your favorite. The choices are: Batman Beyond, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Justice League, Megas XLR, Kaijudo Masters, Teen Titans, Transformers: War of Energon, X-Men: Evolution. Cartoons for the last time you could choose from 4 September.From 5 September to attach another Toonami cartoon anime, another series of Transformers- Transformers: Cybertron.October 3 there is another anime - B-Daman.

2006 [edit]
Toonami began May 6 issue series Justice League Unlimited, which is a continuation of the Justice League series.In the holiday issue of Toonami was extended a week - from 3 July to 3 September daily from. 10:00-11:35 and continues from Monday to Friday. 19:00-20:15.September 3 Cartoon Network decided to end the issue Toonami block.Just a brief look Toonami history in Poland.This article does not have contained information on the issue of new episodes.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Anyone else surprised that they actually used the original DBZ instead of Kai?I know it was for nostalgia's sake,but I was afraid that we'd never see the original again and would have to stick with the extremely censored version of DBZ Kai on Nicktoons or something.:lol:

Top Bottom