• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Toonami is back!

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
So finally I can get some new shows on YT since in Poland Toonami will propably not return, i not gotten answer about situation if they ( Polish CN) reactivate show in Poland.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
yea it does suck that its coming on late night and not in the evening or something.

But that does give it the added perk of being able to show more "mature" anime that is FAR less edited than it would be during a evening timeslot.

It would be MUCH better however if it came on at 10:00 instead of 11:00.

The one thing I am worried about is Adult Swim's habit of showing reruns after a certain number of shows have aired during the night. given the times slot it gives us 6 hours of toonami which should give us enough room for 12 different animes. But Adult Swim's habit of doing that rerun crap has be worried that we will only get 6 different animes before it is just rerun for a second time during the night.

Demon619

Deadman walking
Personally despite the lost in time from what Toonami used to have, the timeslot to me is a good thing.

Toonami can go back to the gritty and serious shows that couldn't really be played as Toonami continued and the times changed without getting destroyed by sensoring and altering.

One thing I hope is that they keep some of the modern anime (Bleach and FMAB are two that I'm almost certin will continue, but others I'm not sure) while bringing back alot of the older shows that were on during Toonami's prime.

Also I hope they get rid of the late repeat section Adult swim has (around 3 or four, they start replaying the start of their lineup until like the final show of the night). I mean, those are the shows I see first, I kinda don't feel like staying up to watch if they just end the night with repeats.

AdultSwim & Toonami didn't take anime fans seriously for awhile thinking NARUTO & Dragon Ball Z reruns was enough.

Honestly, I'm still wondering how they came up with this near the end of Toonami (when DBZ and Naruto were basically the only anime left), sure the shows are awsome (or atleast DBZ is, hated the dub they played of Naruto), but seriously, how did they think these two shows were good enough to satisfy us?

Demon619

Deadman walking
I think it's because they didn't care anymore. And CartoonNetwork is becoming like MTV & MTV sucks without music since the very 1st episode of realworld. Playing everything but what the station stood for, Cartoons. When they have shows like level up, destroy build destroy, Dude, What Would Happen & BrainRush, i lose interests.
ThunderCats & DC nation is a step in the right direction & Toonami returning really helps.

Very true, perhaps Cartoon Network is actually trying to reconnect to the vast amount of people that there most recent actions has caused them to lose.

Maybe they realized the reason why they were so suecssful in the past was because they were the only normal channel that played animated shows like that, now that all that is nearly gone...they are finally feeling the massive kick in the ass they gave themselves.

On the Subject of their ugh...Live action series, I think they are actually realizeing that besides very young kids, no one likes that crap.

I've actually seen that those shows are barly on anymore besides Lvl Up (And I'm happy for that), combine the new shows they are putting on and Toonami returning, it seems out of the big three cartoon channels (Diseny Channel is dead to me and Nick is not far behind that) CN is actually trying to please their viewers again...maybe.

OniLink

Hero of Time
Toonami is coming back!!! WHOOOOOOO! Finally, after long years, shenron has finally answered my wish, better have rurouni kenshin :w00t::D

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Speaking of Toonami, what would be the ideal schedule for Toonami in your eyes?

For me, If I take into account the time slot which gives you enough room for 12 different animes, and also if I'm trying to be realistic as to what they would possibly show, my list would be

11:00 - Bleach
11:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z "uncut"
12:30 - Cowboy Bebop
1:00 - "new anime"
1:30 - "new anime"
2:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
2:00 - Outlaw Star
2:30 - Trigun
3:00 - Rurouni Kenshin
3:30 - Yu Yu Hakusho
4:00 - Gigantor
4:00 - Ronin Warriors

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Great lineup ToCool74 but what would be even better, take the same list & split it in half & start at 10pm.
yea I would, but where I live the block does not start until 11:00 pm which is why I listed it that way.

I wanted to envision a "realistic" schedule for this Saturday and Adult Swim already confirmed that the block will not start until that time.

also, 80% of your lineup seems to be anime that Adult Swim already had/has or is showing...

Not trying to knock your list, but wouldn't it be better if it was more "Toonami" anime rather than "Adult Swim"?

Not that I do not like AS's anime, but for this to be Toonami I just feel you got to have more emphasis on the greats of Toonami rather than the greats of Adult Swim.

With my list, I tried to keep some of Adult Swim's anime so AS's anime still has a mark, but also let the world know that this IS Toonami and not just Adult Swim with its current anime under the Toonami moniker. Fact is that Adult Swim has had some really great anime that I love, but for this block to work, I don't think it would be the smart move for Adult Swim to let its former anime block dominate it.

If I could tell Adult swim something it would be to keep some of the Adult Swim anime, but still put more emphasis on the TOONAMI classics just to let people know that this IS Toonami, but also add some "new anime" and attempt to keep things fresh.

But like I said earlier, not trying to knock your schedule by any means, your entitled to your opinion obviously, I just wanted to give some insight as to what I think would make this Toonami block work.

lorddemolatron

Premium
Great, just more uncutted animes but also Im thinking that now whole show loosened it counterpart what whole CN called this project once as Anime and Western animation ( wich suprisingly in Poland was always western cartoons rather than anime) but I will watch ripped animes and whole show on YT only this stayed for me as I can't reach canal what is mentioned where rebooted Toonami is show sadly.

Nelo_Vergil

heres the actual list

12:00 a.m. - Bleach
12:30 a.m. - Deadman Wonderland
1:00 a.m. - Casshern Sins
1:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2:00 a.m. - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
2:30 a.m. - Cowboy Bebop

then reruns from 3 to 6

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
heres the actual list

12:00 a.m. - Bleach
12:30 a.m. - Deadman Wonderland
1:00 a.m. - Casshern Sins
1:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2:00 a.m. - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
2:30 a.m. - Cowboy Bebop

then reruns from 3 to 6

source?

I heard that they are going to be showing Deadman Wonderland and Cassherin Sins but I haven't seen a official schedule announced from Adult Swim.

If that truly is the schedule than its a a shame really, It seems to be the same Adult Swim anime schedule with 2 new anime thrown in.

Nelo_Vergil

source?

I heard that they are going to be showing Deadman Wonderland and Cassherin Sins but I haven't seen a official schedule announced from Adult Swim.

If that truly is the schedule than its a a shame really, It seems to be the same Adult Swim anime schedule with 2 new anime thrown in.

source is ANN i made a thread on it with a link.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
source is ANN i made a thread on it with a link.

I really can't see why you had to make a topic for it...

Why couldn't you have posted it here?

And until Adult Swim themselves confirm it I will remain skeptical of it.

Adult Swim has already said that the schedule is to remain a secret until Saturday.

EDIT

nevermind, just checked it out and it seems its confirmed.

It would appear that money is the main issue currently which sucks.

Nelo_Vergil

I really can't see why you had to make a topic for it...

Why couldn't you have posted it here?

And until Adult Swim themselves confirm it I will remain skeptical of it.

Adult Swim has already said that the schedule is to remain a secret until Saturday.

EDIT

nevermind, just checked it out and it seems its confirmed.

It would appear that money is the main issue currently which sucks.

and you doubted me :p but its ok

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
and you doubted me :p but its ok

Lol didn't doubt YOU, I doubted ANN since they have been known to post RUMORS before.

But regardless I am disappointed to hear that Dragonball z will not be shown.

To me, DBZ was essentially what made Toonami great along with others such as Gundam Wing,Yu Yu hakusho, and Rurouni Kenshin.

I honestly did not want this new Toonami block to be just a "nostalgia fest". But at the same time I also wanted to see some Toonami classics along with some Adult Swim classics and new anime.

So far this block is the exact same block with 2 new anime which is not the Toonami I was hoping for.

The good news is that IF they get good ratings they have said they can add more to the block, but it would appear that DBZ is out of the question since its "owned by their competition".

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014

To me, DBZ was essentially what made Toonami great along with others such as Gundam Wing,Yu Yu hakusho, and Rurouni Kenshin.

I honestly did not want this new Toonami block to be just a "nostalgia fest". But at the same time I also wanted to see some Toonami classics along with some Adult Swim classics and new anime.

So far this block is the exact same block with 2 new anime which is not the Toonami I was hoping for.

These are the words of wise man. (Add G Gundam to that list as well as Dragon Ball (not Z))

I saw their cartoon list. I don't care for those shows. I refuse to watch Beach because everyone else likes it. :p

Nelo_Vergil

These are the words of wise man. (Add G Gundam to that list as well as Dragon Ball (not Z))

I saw their cartoon list. I don't care for those shows. I refuse to watch Beach because everyone else likes it. :p

one does not simply watch bleach, you can thank aizen's mind f^(k!ng for that, instead you read the manga. seriously check the manga out :p best way to experince any anime

lorddemolatron

Premium
I really hoped that I see ripped on YT from Toonami new animes, I can stand these what they screen but I dislike Full Metal Alchemist and I will not watch only this anime.

Top Bottom