• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Toonami is back!

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Odd...

I remember that ad vividly. I loved it, it's what made me get Jak II as a kid. XD

Well. I will tell this. Polish Toonami was censored sadly. No more better animes than duel masters or more crappy western toons with violence, and Polish never shows games revievs, and that maded me watch uploads on YT or try to get live stream but needed US proxy to see them.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
well toonami fans, it would seem like we have succeded!

We got #BringBackToonami trending worldwide 2 times and also the original tweet from Adult swim retweeting over 15,000 times! And now it seems it has paid off with Adult Swim telling us that they have heard us and to "stayed tuned".

read here
https://twitter.com/#!/search/#BringBackToonami
They might bring back Toonami for good??

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
They might bring back Toonami for good??

I'm not sure about it being "for good" but Adult Swim has shown great interest in returning it IF we showed them our support for the #BringBackToonami tweet they made. And as I said earlier, it trended wordlwide 2 times and the original tweet from AdultSwim was retweeted of 15,000 times and it would seem that it has gotten through to Adult Swim.

Alot of people believe the reason why Adult Swim and Cartoon Network are interested in bringing it back was because the Saturday night anime block received a HUGE spike in views when the initial April fools joke was played. I don't think they believed that it would become such a big deal on around the web and now they are pretty much interested.

Also, their lineup could use it right now I think.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
If their money hungry ways bring back Toonami than a win/win for everyone!

Yea win/win for sure.

But I saw someone bring up a interesting question, will it be weedays like the initial toonami was or will it be only saturday nights?f

Also, as much of a "nostalgic nut" I am, I still would want them to show "new anime" along with the classic greats such as Dragonball Z,Gundam Wing,and Tenchi Muyo. Just showing the "classics" would get old eventually which is why they should try to add new anime in order to keep things "fresh".

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Another good question! Will they air censer or uncut anime?

Well if its on Adult Swim then there is definitely a high possibility of it being "uncut", but of course no nudity.

But if it goes back to Cartoon Network on weekdays than it will definitely not be "uncut".

But considering the fact that Adult Swim has shown the most interest in returning it and the fact that they where the ones that pulled off the April Fools joke, I would say its a safe bet that they will be bringing it back on their block and not Cartoon Network's. I only wish that they would bring it to their weekday slot like the old Adult swim used to do. But sadly they are not known as the biggest "anime lovers" for sure.

But my ideal slot would be 2 hours on weeknights from 11:00 to 1:00 and 7 hours on saturdays from 10:00 to 5:00. Since adult swim already has a extended slot now that starts at 8:00PM I think it would be a fair ratio. That way their precious commedy block still gets the most show time while the anime block gets a decent and "fair" air time.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
That could work. But perhaps not a lot, so as to not over do it. 11 AM to 1AM sounds like the best slot. That way we get a lot of uncut anime.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
That could work. But perhaps not a lot, so as to not over do it. 11 AM to 1AM sounds like the best slot. That way we get a lot of uncut anime.

Yea but 2 hours just would not be enough..... And also, if the Toonami block is indeed replacing their anime block like a lot of people believe than it will be from 11 AM to 5 AM. If I had to guess, if they where to do that than they would probably just add their best anime like Bleach,Cowboy Bebop, and Fullmetal Alchemist to the Toonami slot.

win/win really.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yea but 2 hours just would not be enough..... And also, if the Toonami block is indeed replacing their anime block like a lot of people believe than it will be from 11 AM to 5 AM. If I had to guess, if they where to do that than they would probably just add their best anime like Bleach,Cowboy Bebop, and Fullmetal Alchemist to the Toonami slot.

win/win really.
They've always been showing those Animes no?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
They've always been showing those Animes no?
Well Bleach has new episodes each week and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood its a "fairly new" anime in itself. And Cowboy Bebop is just a huge classic that a lot of people like. It all would depend on what Adult Swim is willing to "keep" and I think those three are definitely going to be in the "keep pile". Also Inuyasha Final Act which is being dubbed this year would make a GREAT edition to the Toonami block.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Yes I have. It ended at a cliff hanger.

And that was a severe letdown yes?

Well Inuyasha final act CONTINUES where the anime left off!

My only complaint about it was that it was only 26 episodes long but had to cover 300 chapters worth of material from the original manga and thus ALOT of stuff was left out. But it did cover all the "important" stuff so all was forgiven on my end. Its a must see for any Inuyasha fan who wanted to see it continue after the cliffhanger of the anime.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well, I been one of people who retweeted to make them bring that show again. Now It seems that I will only watch on YT, as my emails to Polish CN with pleas for returning of show in Poland are strange silent.

Top Bottom