• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To those who give DINO a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampi

Its not Devii May Cry (at least the one we know). That's not Dante (again, not the Dante we know). We can't treat it as a regular Devil May Cry cause that's not what the game is about. Its a reboot, a new series. So of course sum people will be hesistant about accepting it at first glance. Once they understand that this game has nothing to do with the other games they might be more understanding about it. That's why people are overreacting cause they don't understand. Confusion brings out disorder and riots sumtimes. We just got this news yesterday, give it time for people to calm down and be reasonable.

And just because you don't like what you're reading from other people doesn't give you the right to swear. It will not make those same people you judge take you seriously, so your point will not be taken across or understood. The Mods will either ban you or other members will just simply ignore you with that kinda of behavior.

Asmodaius

Yeah, Vampi is right. We just got these news... Give it time to grow on people and hopefully we will see more footage soon.

Some people are excited about it, others are shocked in horror of the changes they made.

And again, Ats was raging and swearing, I asked him not to and he apologized. No need to keep bringing it up. Its just provocative.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Cuervo;274618 said:
I guess what I'm trying to say is just to wait. Wait until we know more about what we're judging. Yes, visuals are important to the game, but let's just wait and see where the ship is going. Give Ninja Theory a chance.

Hi cuervo, I agree with what you say here.
However waiting and wishing are two different things! ^_^

I just read this whole thread. I dunno weather to laugh or cry!

One thing I will say tho is even tho I really don't like this new 'emo Dante' thing presented before me. I do like the visials in general and if I'm honest I'd really like a more badass Dante - none of this dancing around with a flower in his mouth looking like a joke. If 'Dante' didn't look like Frankensteins Monster I'd be quite happy with what I see so far.....Will I play it? Yes 'cuz I like slashy games. Will I like the main protagonist - at this rate probably not. >_<

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Well that's my take on it. They've already called it a reboot. They've already said it has no impact on the classic story or characters. Already said it doesn't take place in the same DMC universe.

What am I supposed to wait for?
And why expect people who liked the classic story and characters and universe to accept and be excited for this game just because it has that name on it?

That's what's being asked. And so far no one has really answered with anything but 'give it a chance.' Why?

The hero alone is indeed enough for me to decide I don't like a game. That isn't shallow or prejudiced or closed minded. So stop with those stupid blanket statements. I'm sick of being insulted just because I want the hero and the story I loved. There is nothing wrong with that.

Yes, the story had gaps and holes and flaws enough to fill the ocean with. But we talked about it, accepted it, theorized and argued about it anyway. That means we were interested in it for better or for worse. I wanted to see those holes filled, those gaps bridged. I didn't want a do over.

And I don't like the looks of this game. No matter what name they call it. So yeah, I'm quite stung that they've put the name of a game I -do- like on it.

Ats

Kittn;274641 said:
Well that's my take on it. They've already called it a reboot. They've already said it has no impact on the classic story or characters. Already said it doesn't take place in the same DMC universe.

And why expect people who liked the classic story and characters and universe to accept and be excited for this game just because it has that name on it?

That's what's being asked. And so far no one has really answered with anything but 'give it a chance.' Why?

Ok, don't give it a chance then. Done, it's settled.

moseslmpg

That isn't answering the question, Ats. The question is why we should give it a chance or treat it like a DMC game.

So far the most common answers have been.
1. No answer/It has DMC in the title, Capcom made it!
2. Hopefully the real DMC stuff will show up later/This is a prequel, hopefully

Neither of those are very rigorous. The way I see it, one can accept that there is little to nothing DMC about this game (other than the name) and accept it as a non-DMC game, or one can admit that they are only giving it a chance based on superficiality. But given the level of cognitive dissonance around here, I don't expect many people to admit either.

Again, the disturbing thing here is how quick many so-called DMC fans are ready to abandon the real series as soon as Capcom slaps the label on some unrelated game. I don't want to call anyone traitorous, but it is becoming increasingly hard not to. Of course ultimately, you don't owe anything to Capcom, and Capcom has proved that they know they don't owe anything to you, but it is more the principle of the thing.

Vampi

Kittn;274641 said:

The hero alone is indeed enough for me to decide I don't like a game. That isn't shallow or prejudiced or closed minded. So stop with those stupid blanket statements. I'm sick of being insulted just because I want the hero and the story I loved. There is nothing wrong with that.

Yes, the story had gaps and holes and flaws enough to fill the ocean with. But we talked about it, accepted it, theorized and argued about it anyway. That means we were interested in it for better or for worse. I wanted to see those holes filled, those gaps bridged. I didn't want a do over.

And I don't like the looks of this game. No matter what name they call it. So yeah, I'm quite stung that they've put the name of a game I -do- like on it.

You're suppose to either wait for the actual DMC 5 or either try the new game or not. You're adamant about not giving this game a chance and see what it offers. That's your decision. But...

No one said you have to accept it. No one is putting a gun to your head saying "Either accept it or die". You made your decision. But at the same time it seems your reasons are sumwhat close-minded and shallow a lil (i said sumwhat not entirely).

I think that's the question Moses is trying to ask alot of the people who accept the new game"Why should we old DMC fans give this game a chance?"

Your reason for not liking the hero is based on looks alone. You don't know anything about him along with the rest of us. You're hastily judging him by what has been shown so far, which isn't much.

There's nothing wrong with you liking the old Dante and the old storyline, we love them to. Its just that variety is the spice of life and why not be curious to see what this game offers. We're not saying to absolutely shun the other games, just give this one a chance since its a new game and a new outlook on Dante.

I don't think anyone accepts the plotholes in the DMC series, so don't assume just because this new game came along that we can forget that. We still want answers. I don't think the people who support the new game should forget about the old ones, but at the same time in the case of this game, we HAVE to ignore the past games since it has nothing to do with the new game.

You made your decision in not seeing what this game offers even though we know not alot about it. If you want to wait for the true sequel, that's fine we're right along with you. But that shouldn't prevent us to try new things in the meantime.

Ats

moseslmpg;274657 said:
That isn't answering the question, Ats. The question is why we should give it a chance or treat it like a DMC game.

So far the most common answers have been.
1. No answer/It has DMC in the title, Capcom made it!
2. Hopefully the real DMC stuff will show up later/This is a prequel, hopefully

Neither of those are very rigorous. The way I see it, one can accept that there is little to nothing DMC about this game (other than the name) and accept it as a non-DMC game, or one can admit that they are only giving it a chance based on superficiality. But given the level of cognitive dissonance around here, I don't expect many people to admit either.

Again, the disturbing thing here is how quick many so-called DMC fans are ready to abandon the real series as soon as Capcom slaps the label on some unrelated game. I don't want to call anyone traitorous, but it is becoming increasingly hard not to. Of course ultimately, you don't owe anything to Capcom, and Capcom has proved that they know they don't owe anything to you, but it is more the principle of the thing.

That question is ridiculous. You don't have to give a chance to anything. Give it a little time, it was announced just yesterday. If it's released, then we'll see if it's worth buying. -.-

Vampi

WHAT! People aren't sheep. That question Moses asked is aimed at people who accept the new DMC game solely because of name only and also the people that assume its the regular DMC. Those people have to to give old DMC fans reasons on why we should give this new game a chance and why we should treat it as the regular DMC.

That's not too much to ask. Its a well thought out question to calm the hysteria ever since the new game debut.

Cuervo

Vampi;274665 said:
WHAT! People aren't sheep. That question Moses asked is aimed at people who accept the new DMC game solely because of name only and also the people that assume its the regular DMC. Those people have to to give old DMC fans reasons on why we should give this new game a chance and why we should treat it as the regular DMC.

That's not too much to ask. Its a well thought out question to calm the hysteria ever since the new game debut.

Why shouldn't you give it a chance is probably the better question. What do you have to lose?

bobek388

Bobek388
Drakkar;274060 said:
I think im gonna play it :\
cuz it still cary the name of DMC and it's related to DMC and it's about DMC
it's a worst thing that they made a reboot but we are not capable of doing anything are we? so we have to play it :) it's about Dante so no problem( this is th last thing I can say) but he is smokin and his ALOT different face, I cannot accept it.

Think about that, this is totally different game don't know about storyline, but already we can see that atmosphere, characters and gameplay was changed, and do you really want to give those guys money for the game that they have fu**** up? Don't reward them for that, I wouldn't.

Cuervo;274670 said:
Why shouldn't you give it a chance is probably the better question. What do you have to lose?

You have money to lose, and if u will buy that game, it's stu*** creators will be rewarded for it.

Ats

bobek388;274671 said:
Think about that, this is totally different game don't know about storyline, but already we can see that atmosphere, characters and gameplay was changed, and do you really want to give those guys money for the game that they have fu**** up? Don't reward them for that, I wouldn't.

How do you know it's ****ed up? Have you played it? No.

Dark Drakan

Admin
bobek388;274671 said:

You have money to lose, and if u will buy that game, it's stu*** creators will be rewarded for it.

So what your saying is that your opinion and preferences should overrule everyone else's and they should like what you do? Heaven forbid someone actually has a different point of view or a mind of their own to make their own choices on if they play a game or not.

Im pretty sure everyone has freedom of choice and those that like the look of the game shall buy it. Those that dont then dont buy it and stop complaining and go purchase something you do have some interest in. Because no matter how many of you spend all day moaning the developers are creating the game how they want it to be and nothing will change that so just accept it.

Now if everyone could voice an opinion without being insulting or having to belittle people or companies id be most grateful.

Cuervo

bobek388;274671 said:

I'm not even talking about purchasing the game. We've seen one trailer and people are already jumping off of the bridge. Why not wait for some gameplay video or concrete plot details?

Asmodaius

Cuervo;274670 said:

That was actually a good statement.

Cuervo;274679 said:
I'm not even talking about purchasing the game. We've seen one trailer and people are already jumping off of the bridge. Why not wait for some gameplay video or concrete plot details?

And a good follow-up as well in which I totally agree with.
The thing is, no one knows if this will be a good game or not, and already are people yelling out that they won't have anything to do with it... and yet they keep dissing it, even when all we've seen so far is but a teaser trailer.

Don't be so pessimistic, people. Where's the optimism? Why not give it a chance?

Asmodaius

Some won't... or say they won't. Perhaps their opinions will change after we have seen some more footage of it.

I'm one of the few who are excited about DmC. ^^
Maybe I should make a thread about who others are excited about it, but I'm afraid that people will troll it into the ground with their negativity.

Asmodaius;274686 said:
Some won't... or say they won't. Perhaps their opinions will change after we have seen some more footage of it.

I'm one of the few who are excited about DmC. ^^
Maybe I should make a thread about who others are excited about it, but I'm afraid that people will troll it into the ground with their negativity.

Just ignore those people.I´m excited about DMC too no matter what.You should make a thread even if it means that only we will actually talk about it.^_^

moseslmpg

Ats;274662 said:
That question is ridiculous. You don't have to give a chance to anything. Give it a little time, it was announced just yesterday. If it's released, then we'll see if it's worth buying. -.-
The question may be beyond you, but it is one of the most rational questions being asked right now.

And giving it time is the same as giving it a chance.

Why shouldn't we give it a chance? I think that is obvious. It is DINO, DMC In Name Only. Even if it is good it won't be DMC. It doesn't have anything which defines DMC at all, except one white gun and one black gun. It is more of a Constantine game than a DMC one, at this point.

The fact that it might be better in the future is irrelevant, because we don't live in the future. All arguments from the future are based on unfounded hope. Right now, right here, why should we give it a chance and treat it like DMC? That is the question.

Edit: To be clear, I am not negative about the new game. I simply treat it as I would any other generic action game that borrows elements from DMC. Some people can't seen to look past the title though.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
I have nothing against the game itself, just the idea that it is a Devil May Cry game, there was an article on IGN about DmC and the author tried to make points to support it.

I replied to him on IGN, and also turned my posts into an article in the Devang Haven Forum, I feel that will best communicate my opinion on why I disdain the DmC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom