• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To All You Gamers Blaming The Fans For Poor DmC: Devil May Cry Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
huh, still going...again

cm-42048-050e0c9203b70d.gif
God I love this site :lol:

Terrutas

What do you mean think of "us." Who is "us." I don't know why you think you're on some different level of the fandom because you like the previous series better. Do you think this somehow separates you from the people who like DmC. I think I've made it clear that my favorite in the series is still the very first game and I actually prefer the very first version of Devil May Cry over the DmC take but I just don't mind the DmC take as much as other fans do. What does this make me?

You want to know my honest perception of the DMC fans are? I think they are just a bunch of stupid anime fans. Anime fans can be the worst who for the most part praise everything from Japan as the superior creation. Thinking anime is better than cartoons (even though they are the same thing) to the overall culture in the east because they think it's somehow a wonderland of anime and cosplay. Some of the most narrow minded and annoying people I've ever met.I don't think that's far from the truth. I share some of the same complaints you have. But I don't think DmC is absolutely awful or as bad as you make it out to be.

I like DMC over DmC but, I don't hate DmC as I like some of the things it does. So, what am I then? This line you fanboys established is very stupid. DmC is still a Devil May Cry game and just because I like it as well, I think that still makes me a Devil May Cry fan.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think I've made it clear that my favorite in the series is still the very first game and I actually prefer the very first version of Devil May Cry over the DmC take but I just don't mind the DmC take as much as other fans do.
3osq9k.jpg

Tody

Huh, still going...again... Whelp, may as well sit down and enoy it.
~grabs a pizza and a sundae~

The unfortunate part for me (OP) is that the article I linked had absolutely nothing to do with Devil May Cry 4 or even DmC: Devil May Cry itself as a game. It was about fans and sales performance.

But I guess YOLO. People don't read and stuff :p

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
The unfortunate part for me (OP) is that the article I linked had absolutely nothing to do with Devil May Cry 4 or even DmC: Devil May Cry itself as a game. It was about fans and sales performance.

But I guess YOLO. People don't read and stuff :p

I did...but, you know, YOLO.
Since You Obvious Love Octavia. You closet brony you.:troll:

Tody

In the hope to salvage some discussion here, Chancey I hope you read the article.

It really has nothing to do with DmC and whether or not it was a good or bad game. You're in the wrong thread for that discussion.

The first two pages seemed to have the right idea for discussion, and I found IncarnatedDemon's post to be particularly great, but pity it went downhill from there and became a flame thread about personal preference and rage.

Power Rangers, epic I laughed :D

Terrutas

Okay, everyone who wants to talk about power rangers go to my thread. Let's try to salvage this discussion. Please. :p

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
What do you mean think of "us." Who is "us." I don't know why you think you're on some different level of the fandom because you like the previous series better. Do you think this somehow separates you from the people who like DmC. I think I've made it clear that my favorite in the series is still the very first game and I actually prefer the very first version of Devil May Cry over the DmC take but I just don't mind the DmC take as much as other fans do. What does this make me?

You want to know my honest perception of the DMC fans are? I think they are just a bunch of stupid anime fans. Anime fans can be the worst who for the most part praise everything from Japan as the superior creation. Thinking anime is better than cartoons (even though they are the same thing) to the overall culture in the east because they think it's somehow a wonderland of anime and cosplay. Some of the most narrow minded and annoying people I've ever met.I don't think that's far from the truth. I share some of the same complaints you have. But I don't think DmC is absolutely awful or as bad as you make it out to be.

I like DMC over DmC but, I don't hate DmC as I like some of the things it does. So, what am I then? This line you fanboys established is very stupid. DmC is still a Devil May Cry game and just because I like it as well, I think that still makes me a Devil May Cry fan.

Nope. Too late dude. You have already made yourself and all your posts irrelevant the moment you declared the haircut to be the starting point, something that you wouldn't have said if you'd actually done a bit of reading.

Also the fact that you think when i say "us" meaning to be some part of the fanbase who are aloof and above you is also incredibly hilarious, it implies so much about you and what you think about me as a person debating against you, when i say "us" i'm talking about the group of people who have been trying to debate on how DmC could have been improved and are taken as "oldfags" by people, such as yourself, who have claimed we just want another DMC3.

Yes. We're all anime fans. We worship the nippon flag like a second mother. This must be true because Dante is CURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAY in the glory game of DMC3 of which we shall never allow anybody to like any other game in the series because we are JUST THAT INTOLERANT and liking the series for one reason or another makes us all drones and i find it hilarious that you say "Stupid anime fans" as if people who watch anime never have anything interesting to say.

As for the rest i didn't cover:

dredgeacare.jpg

Dante47

I don't like playing the blame game.
I just think it was a sad state of events that led to the game not making as much as I feel it should have.
If I had only a few words to say, I'd say I'm very fortunate to play this piece of beautiful art. It's been an honor.

Ninja Theory, in my humble opinion, should be given another shot to please both ends of the spectrum. I have no doubt they could do wondrous additions in a sequel that would alleviate every fan's worries.
Everyone deserves another chance.

Although, I'm glad Ninja Theory was able to get their vision to the public, albeit with scrapes and bruises.
I hope this isn't the end of DmC, nor the end of Devil May Cry. It's not over... not yet.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Nope. Too late dude. You have already made yourself and all your posts irrelevant the moment you declared the haircut to be the starting point, something that you wouldn't have said if you'd actually done a bit of reading.

Also the fact that you think when i say "us" meaning to be some part of the fanbase who are aloof and above you is also incredibly hilarious, it implies so much about you and what you think about me as a person debating against you, when i say "us" i'm talking about the group of people who have been trying to debate on how DmC could have been improved and are taken as "oldfags" by people, such as yourself, who have claimed we just want another DMC3.

Yes. We're all anime fans. We worship the nippon flag like a second mother. This must be true because Dante is CURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAY in the glory game of DMC3 of which we shall never allow anybody to like any other game in the series because we are JUST THAT INTOLERANT and liking the series for one reason or another makes us all drones and i find it hilarious that you say "Stupid anime fans" as if people who watch anime never have anything interesting to say.

As for the rest i didn't cover:

dredgeacare.jpg
Are you telling me it didn't all start with a haircut? If I remember correctly, the reveal trailer which showed the brown haired and very roughed up Dante got fanboys to flip their sh!t even though also at that time, they didn't know anything about the game besides the reveal of Dante's new appearance. Don't tell me it didn't all start because of a haircut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom