• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This be my conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominus

moseslmpg;291036 said:
You are right that we have no proof that the thing which defined DMC (non-visually or in terms of setting) have been taken out, but by the same token we have almost negative evidence that they have been put in. Nothing in the trailer indicates that the gameplay will remain the same, and in fact, Dino's movement seems to indicate the contrary, that the game will be slower and less stylish than the other ones.

Exactly.. and the because Ninja Theory's previous games have been lacking in the gameplay department, DmC has a high chance of having mediocre gameplay. The visuals would not bother me as long as I was guaranteed some kind of good gameplay, but capcom and Ninja Theory haven't shown this. That is why they should have released a trailer when they had some gameplay footage, which would ultimately get the hardcore fans on the hook, but they instead aimed for "shock" value which ended up ****ing off a lot of people.

Granted, some people are supportive of the new game who are hardcore fans, but honestly I don't see a reason for the support. If you are a fan of Ninja Theory's work sure support their work, but if you are a DMC fan what reason do you have to support it? DMC has always been about gameplay first, but there is no indication the game will play well..
If you like the visual style that's fine but how does that merit supporting a game which is built on gameplay mechanics? You could HOPE the game play turns up well I guess, but until we have some indication of how the game will play I personally will not provide any support.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Dominus;291264 said:
Exactly.. and the because Ninja Theory's previous games have been lacking in the gameplay department, DmC has a high chance of having mediocre gameplay. The visuals would not bother me as long as I was guaranteed some kind of good gameplay, but capcom and Ninja Theory haven't shown this. That is why they should have released a trailer when they had some gameplay footage, which would ultimately get the hardcore fans on the hook, but they instead aimed for "shock" value which ended up ****ing off a lot of people.

Granted, some people are supportive of the new game who are hardcore fans, but honestly I don't see a reason for the support. If you are a fan of Ninja Theory's work sure support their work, but if you are a DMC fan what reason do you have to support it? DMC has always been about gameplay first, but there is no indication the game will play well..
If you like the visual style that's fine but how does that merit supporting a game which is built on gameplay mechanics? You could HOPE the game play turns up well I guess, but until we have some indication of how the game will play I personally will not provide any support.
Wow, agree with this completely.

+rep mayn

Zurg

I enjoy reading what you all have to say, thanks for the input on my topic here. :)

@moseslmpg, Your big paragraph based structured frank replies are very interesting to read, they go against me directly most of the time and I like that. Whether or not it is your intention to do so, they do.

Something is bothering me though. I keep reading upon "DINO" what exactly does that mean or who is it? Dante? Sorry, new here, a bit confused on the matter.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Zurg;291371 said:
I enjoy reading what you all have to say, thanks for the input on my topic here. :)

@moseslmpg, Your big paragraph based structured frank replies are very interesting to read, they go against me directly most of the time and I like that. Whether or not it is your intention to do so, they do.

Something is bothering me though. I keep reading upon "DINO" what exactly does that mean or who is it? Dante? Sorry, new here, a bit confused on the matter.

DINO in caps means "DMC In Name Only" and Dino is "Dante in name only". I find both terms sound derogatory and I therefore don't use them.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Chrysander;291258 said:
Go for Bayonetta, it's pretty good. Darksider's combat is so basic it'll make you sick if you're used to DMC3. GOW3 isn't worth my time

Bayonetta= AWESOMENESS!!!
Darksiders= lame
my opinion anyways...seriously the nu Castlevania wasn't even this big a rip off of GOW...

moseslmpg

Zurg;291371 said:

I have nothing personal against you, it's just that you happen to be here right now and I'm sort of using you as an example of all the proselytizers. Honestly, your post wasn't that offensive and could have merely used more tact, given the history of discussions here, which again, is something you can't be held responsible for. I will say that I appreciate your frankness as well, and your unwillingness to become confrontational. That's rare, especially for people new to communities.

As for the Dino and DINO thing, those are terms I created to refer to DmC, as explained by Storm Silves there. They are not meant to be derogatory, merely descriptive and representative of the fact that all that connects DmC to the series so far are the labels it uses.

DE: Uh, Darksiders was awesome. Yeah, the combat wasn't all that complex, but since when were games evaluated solely on the basis of combat? Darksiders was the most enjoyable and fun game I have played in years. I find that most of the criticisms against it are elitist or snobbish. At least it had a seamless, expansive world and cool designs, which is more than I can say for DMC4. Bayonetta is good in terms of combat, but in terms of everything else it is like nails on chalkboard to me. Then again, I'm not so much of a gameplay guy anyway.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
moseslmpg;291389 said:
your post wasn't that offensive and could have merely used more tact

:lol:Wise words from the tact guru.

moseslmpg;291130 said:
You people sound like you have no idea what addiction actually is.

moseslmpg;290820 said:
My thoughts? STFU and stop telling people to DEAL WITH IT
The obligatory "no offense" is appended, of course.

moseslmpg;289245 said:
No, it is a reboot. Your remedial logic doesn't change any facts about the actual situation. .

Nice try presenting your opinion as authoritative and final though. Next time, consider adding a link for at least an appearance of confirmation.

moseslmpg;291133 said:
Aren't you just passing the blame to the parents because you don't want to think your beloved hobby could be responsible for such atrocious acts?
This goes for all of you using the same cop-outs.

Zurg

I can't use tact it's out of my personality description :p (It's a big character flaw.) I have gotten myself off topic though. Thanks for the info on DINO guys, I was confused about that.

moseslmpg

Darth Angelo;291511 said:
:lol:Wise words from the tact guru.
I would have used less tact in those situations, but I have to remain mindful of the board rules. People were being stupid in those threads and stupidity doesn't deserve or even appreciate tact.

The last quotation you have is pretty standard though.

O.G.

Dino's Meth supplier
moseslmpg;291542 said:
I would have used less tact in those situations, but I have to remain mindful of the board rules. People were being stupid in those threads and stupidity doesn't deserve or even appreciate tact.

The last quotation you have is pretty standard though.

They don't even deserve the Drama Lama.

But okay. You guys are all talking about gameplay now, but how about the story itself?

Does DINO deserve support from the hardcore fans when it is clearly developed without thinking a second about those fans who've helped spreading the word and supported DMC by (for example) buying every game DMC sells? Aren't the hard-core's being ignored?

A lot of fans were clearly irritated because of the fact that DMC4 wasn't a game about the main character everybody loves.

And now the fans have to deal with another thorn in the eye.

Ripping the guts of DMC apart, cutting it´s head of, putting it in a bag, throwing it away and giving Dante´s Visa Card to an abused crack-addicted bum so he can have an identity crisis (like shown in the trailer) isn't something that makes me want to brainwash other fans by saying that it isn't changing and that we should just deal with it.

Like I said, most of the fans already had to deal with Nero and if we are going to let this one slip by easily, too, then we're just saying that `we love it´ and that it won´t matter anyway.

Then we're saying: "Even if Dante´s in a tutu... We´ll just buy it!"

No disrespect, people, but .. F*CK THAT

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I guess you'll be disappointed to hear that I enjoyed playing DMC4 and using Nero, and actually quite despised Dante in that game.

I guess if I actually do like this, I must not be an actual fan. That's just the general vibe I seem to get around here now. It's actually really annoying.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Storm Silves;291858 said:
I guess you'll be disappointed to hear that I enjoyed playing DMC4 and using Nero, and actually quite despised Dante in that game.

I guess if I actually do like this, I must not be an actual fan. That's just the general vibe I seem to get around here now. It's actually really annoying.

It just means your not a hopelessly devoted fanboy of Dante. That you can take a step back and reassess how you feel about him and not just automatically love him to death just because it's Dante.

I would think that it wasn't as difficult or harsh as it sounds because if you started with 2 it probably didn't even feel like the same character anyway.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
The whole idea of this reboot makes me sick to my stomach. I'm sorry if thats what you guys were expecting from me, but that's the way I feel. I am loyal Dante fangirl. Always have been ever since my ex, introduced to me to Devil May Cry. That anorexic little chimney is NOT my smexy Dante!! That is the way I feel. No one can convince me otherwise.

moseslmpg

Actually, anyone who liked Dante in that game isn't a real fan of him. Nero was the main character of DMC4, and solely within the context of that game, it makes sense to like him since he didn't have a lobotomy before appearing in the game.

But, the fact that Nero's inclusion led Dante to be totally one dimensional and caricatured is just another reason to hate him, alas. It isn't his fault though, it's Kobayashi's. Nero is like Kobayashi's bastard child that people hate simply because he was born, double alas.
Meg;291620 said:
Moses, you are quite the charmer. :lol:
What can I say? I aim to please. :p

Dominus

moseslmpg;291968 said:
Actually, anyone who liked Dante in that game isn't a real fan of him. Nero was the main character of DMC4, and solely within the context of that game, it makes sense to like him since he didn't have a lobotomy before appearing in the game.

But, the fact that Nero's inclusion led Dante to be totally one dimensional and caricatured is just another reason to hate him, alas. It isn't his fault though, it's Kobayashi's. Nero is like Kobayashi's bastard child that people hate simply because he was born, double alas.

Honestly if they toned down Nero's whining by a lot and LET HIM USE YAMATO AS A MAIN WEAPON, I would have enjoyed DMC4 much more regardless of the side step it is considered in the canon.. But honestly how hard would it have been to let nero switch between his main sword and yamato.........ughh

moseslmpg

Gameplay isn't my thing, and I don't really consider DMC4 to be truly canonical (my metaplot being that it is something like a dream sequence caused by randomly firing neurons and DMT in Vergil's post-DMC1 NDE brain, which manifests as an almost surreal story involving symbolic characters and concepts. It is pretty elegant when you look into it).

Anyway, if Dante hadn't been there first, and if Nero had been done better, I don't think anyone would have a problem with him. He had potential, but lots of things have potential before Kobayashi gets through with them.

O.G.

Dino's Meth supplier

I said a lot of fans, not every single one of them.

If you want attention by flaming gently, then YouTube's a good alternative to this forum. :)

Zurg

O.G.;291790 said:
Ripping the guts of DMC apart, cutting it´s head of, putting it in a bag, throwing it away and giving Dante´s Visa Card to an abused crack-addicted bum so he can have an identity crisis (like shown in the trailer) isn't something that makes me want to brainwash other fans by saying that it isn't changing and that we should just deal with it.
...When did any of us try to "brainwash" other fans into thinking it's not changing? Of coarse it's changing. Accpet it, the fact that it's changing is not going to change! That was redundant.

O.G.;291790 said:
Like I said, most of the fans already had to deal with Nero and if we are going to let this one slip by easily, too, then we're just saying that `we love it´ and that it won´t matter anyway.
To be quite honest, Nero was one of the best things Capcom could have added to Devil May Cry. A fresh new hero, who is upstaged by the original hero. But somehow ties into the original hero. SPOILER: (If I'm not mistaken the novels said that he was vergils son?) But I agree with what some people said above this about he had potential just...he didn't match the 'quota' of Devil May Cry's previous 'Awesome no matter what' stature.

Why is this concept so hard to understand? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom