• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Writing (and Artistic) Ranting Thread

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
^ It's disarming, isn't it? ._.

--

Working on character bios is always so jarring to me. It doesn't help that I really had no idea how many of these characters were going to have terrible backgrounds. I mean...I should have. But oh my gods.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was thinking how to crossover Pokemon with RWBY and most RWBY crossovers tend to have characters reimagined for the RWBY world.

So im interested in how to reimagine them for RWBY while addressing the age difference and how to make up for the lack of pokemon.

Digimon might be easier because the digital world is a seperate space from the human world and the tensions between them feel easy to keep.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Trish67 I think it's an indirect way of procrastination. I mean, I call writing fanfiction practise or exercise to make it more acceptable, but really, it's just easier and more fun to write fanfiction than... you know. Digging deep into our subconscious to write an authentic story of our own. It's more work. Requires more staring off into the distance plotting than actual writing. More questions to answer/prevent/avoid. More research to do. Just a tsunami of hard work and long hours.

@Rebel Dynasty Ohhhh yes. I actually came across a writer who had basically used an alternate version of my protagonist couple. So hers had more piercings and tattoos and stuff but essentially, same appearance, same relationship, same situation (well okay, her guy was a vampire whereas mine was unofficially something of the supernatural sort), I mean DOWN TO THE NAMES. Julian and Claire. I nearly died from a writer-spasm when I came across her story. It was just. Absolutely. Fudging. Impossibly. Unbelievable. Here I've been working on these characters and their story for 7 years and along comes this other newb writer with carbon copies of MINE.
I mean, I know a copy if I see one but I've never put my story out there (it's basically under lock and key, written in sometimes indecipherable handwriting, all 2k pages messed up because I didn't number all of them, in a folder in a box in another box in a storage room in my parents house) it was just really, really weird.
But you know. Dante is basically the digital epitome of my twins. I won't say Vergil is really part of the package because neither of my twins are really as lame or power hungry or psychotic as him, but definitely more like Dante. Except for the owning a business and hunting demons part. Everything else though, HOW COULD THIS BE?!?!?

Although it shouldn't be so surprising, I guess. I mean if you take Mikey (my all-time love of my life) and put a human façade on him, you basically get Dante. Lives on pizza, childish, party dude, always has something wise-ass or funny to say, I mean dude cowabunga, right? I would not be surprised if Hideki was a fan of or used TMNT's Mikey as an inspiration for Dante's personality/nicks. Because I know subconsciously I most certainly did.

Um. I actually came here to rant about something but forgot what it was. >.< LOL oh well.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
So, on one of my rambling thinking sessions I came up with a nice little idea for a story! This idea is about a man who got turned into a vampire during the Geart War. :3 I never seen or red a story with this concept or plot before. I hope to have a sketch written out for it soon. Might even be part of my short story project. Lol :D

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
*Looks over remaining outline, then looks at word doc* Unless I can condense a good portion of this, keeping TMT under 200,000 words isn't going to pan out. ._. Then again, this is only the first draft. WoN dropped approximately 20,000+ words from first to third draft, so I can only assume the sequels will do the same.

And honestly, there are probably more than a few planned bits that will wind up scrapped, so... I guess I'll just have to wait and see. ^^;

Fingers crossed I finish this draft by next month. Gods know I'll probably spend the rest of my natural life editing all three novels afterward. :laugh:

No, but seriously. Work's only half done. ._.

Last edited:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'll probably spend the rest of my natural life editing all three novels afterward. :laugh:
Welcome to my life :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Current rant:
b9373d17ccbc77146b5eb5c377428e3b.jpg

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Wait, lemme get this straight: you're doing NaNo for the first time ever this year. Okay, cool. You're asking me for tips and tricks? 'Kay, sure, I can try and help there. But back up a second on that last little tidbit. Your dad promises he'll publish whatever books you finish through NaNo on Amazon?

No, no, no...sweetie. No. :facepalm: Even if you manage to do a 50k novel next month, start to finish, I can promise you it won't be anywhere near publish ready. It doesn't matter if you want to go the indie or trad route--the book still won't be ready. Not by a long shot.

*Rubs temples* Now how to tell her this all in a diplomatic fashion, because she's only 12...

Last edited:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
You know, research can be such a terrible thing. Knowledge is bad. Especially when you get into philology studies to decipher which old language is most suited to the purpose you have in mind, and after careful deliberation you decide on one. Then, after some more research you discover that the symbol on a popular energy drink is basically a numeral in the language of choice which is the mark of the beast.
And then you find that the energy drink you've been saving for the night before Nanowrimo kicks off is also indirectly pointing toward the mark of the beast.
And so is the internet.
Now I'm so conflicted. I really wanted to write.
But my hands hurt like nuts. And I don't really want to drink that V power anymore. I kinda feel like I'm in DmC. Just think of V power as the gunk from some gigantic worm demon thing.

I've had too much caffeine today anyway. Apparently you can overdose on caffeine.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Actually thinking on writing anything in this month maybe i get past as told writer block as i want to continue my Confessions series as it in end i plan to make multiple Xover series in third part

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I was thinking about it...but...I'm also in the middle of a hectic time...and might not be able to. Harumph.

On another note, I hear you, RebDy, have got yourself a cover artist~ :3

Aww, well there's always next time. ^^ April and July have Camp NaNo, where you can set your own word count; maybe you can do them.

Heh. Now where didja hear a thing like that, I wonder? :whistle: I'm so stoked, you don't even know. ^^

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Hey, character, now that you're done b****ing about taxes, can we please get to the smut? Thanks.

...I never thought I'd ever say something like that in my entire life. Holy crows. What world am I suddenly living in? :unsure:

+ Congrats on getting a cover artist, @Rebel Dynasty. ^^

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Hey, character, now that you're done b****ing about taxes, can we please get to the smut? Thanks.

...I never thought I'd ever say something like that in my entire life. Holy crows. What world am I suddenly living in? :unsure:

:laugh: Now I'm really curious as to the context.

+ Congrats on getting a cover artist, @Rebel Dynasty. ^^

Thank you! ^^ As soon as it's done, I guarantee you'll be one of the first people I show. :D

Top Bottom