• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Walking Dead Game: Season Twooo!!!!

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Well I purchased the first episode of Season 2 and have played it through twice and its brilliant. Telltale have gone down an even darker route than Season 1 and there are some frankly horrific moments in the first episode alone, I was genuinely surprised by some of them (in a good way). As they said 'The world doesnt care Clementine is a child" and they most certainly arent afraid to play off this...
The scene with the sewing, Clem is one badass of a 10 year old, no doubt about it o__o

I'm hoping episode 2 will allow to know more about the characters in it, since this episode didn't spend much time with them since Clem was mostly on her own or sneaking around. But it still really enjoyed it. The graphics are looking good and the gameplay has gotten improvements too. I just hope Clem can find herself a happyish ending ;_;

Dark Drakan

Admin
The scene with the sewing, Clem is one badass of a 10 year old, no doubt about it o__o

I'm hoping episode 2 will allow to know more about the characters in it, since this episode didn't spend much time with them since Clem was mostly on her own or sneaking around. But it still really enjoyed it. The graphics are looking good and the gameplay has gotten improvements too. I just hope Clem can find herself a happyish ending ;_;

There were about 5 scenes that were pretty damn twisted (wont repeat them as dont want to spoil it for others), gameplay and graphics are much more sharp now too. Still the odd framerate issue but nothing major and I liked the new dynamic events in the fast paced sequences that they seem to have evolved from The Wolf Among Us. They fit really nicely into the style and add plenty of adrenaline filled tension to scenes. They have laid the foundations for the other characters so you can get a basic feeling about them and you will learn more about them (and some of their agendas) in the following episodes. I have a feeling that in the words of Game of Thrones... "If you think this has a happy ending then you havent been paying attention.'' :laugh:

Telltale know how to make you start feeling optimistic or safe and then snatching that out of your hand in the most brutal ways.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
After giving the Walking Dead another chance I ended up enjoying the story, although I could have done without the having to fix the game every single episode, Telltale needs to hire better programmers.
I just finished Season one so now and I'm heading into 400 days and Season 2, wish me luck that I don't have to fix the game again lol.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
OK I gotta hand it to Telltale, that finale impressed the hell outta me.

I'm looking forward to TWD Season 3 and of course Tales from the Borderlands and I'll even come right out and say it, Telltale, bring Joss Whedon on board and get Fox to green light a Telltale Firefly series.

The Final Offer

Is it just me...or did everyone forget that Telltale is doing a Game of thrones game?

Anyways, the season finale is great, despite there being a part I saw fitting for the end of the game. The endings for it were great, I felt like I chose the right one.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
OK I gotta hand it to Telltale, that finale impressed the hell outta me.

I'm looking forward to TWD Season 3 and of course Tales from the Borderlands and I'll even come right out and say it, Telltale, bring Joss Whedon on board and get Fox to green light a Telltale Firefly series.
firefly from telltale will be like dream come true :D

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I looked up a few of the different endings online and by the looks of it, it seems that IMO Season 3 has the potential to innovate the P&C genre and even story focused games in general.

For example:

The Jane and Kenny endings appear to be vastly different with Kenny and Clem going to that haven or Jane and Clem going back to Carvers base and both endings have you meeting different survivors.

The way I see it is that season 3 could innovate the P&C genre and story focused games by offering 2 or more different canon stories to go with.
Like I chose to go with Kenny to the Haven, but other people might have gone with Jane back to Carver's base, so that leaves 2 very different paths to take with different people, so Telltale could put in multiple stories to tell that aren't just following the same linear story with some differences like Season 1 & 2.
Sounds like an innovation to me.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I'm glad they branched the endings far more than they have previously & I thought the finale was superb. Looking forward to Season 3 I have to say.

Top Bottom