• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Truth Around Lilith's Death *spoilers*

IncarnatedDemon

Fair enough. I wish they stopped with novels and mangas. If a story is released on a videogame, continue it on thevideo game.

Because of novels and manga and Kamiya and others leaving Capcom, DMC story and characters is leaved in a cluster **** of a mess.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Well, when you have two to three major scenerio designers and three different directors between four games, who all have different ideas about the characters, or lack of liking for certain characters...you get very conflicting portrayals and renditions of those characters. Honestly, I liked the Novels and the mangas since they at least tried to be more coherent to a degree, since the games can't seem to do that with the storylines

AlchemistFromEden

Well, when you have two to three major scenerio designers and three different directors between four games, who all have different ideas about the characters, or lack of liking for certain characters...you get very conflicting portrayals and renditions of those characters. Honestly, I liked the Novels and the mangas since they at least tried to be more coherent to a degree, since the games can't seem to do that with the storylines
the novels aren't considered canon though the manga is

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
The novels are still considered canon, as noted by Kamiya before he left capcom, and it was after DMC3 came out. he acknowledged the consistanty issues due to varying takes by the different writers, but it all still counted, regardless of what the fandoms were assuming.

AlchemistFromEden

The novels are still considered canon, as noted by Kamiya before he left capcom, and it was after DMC3 came out. he acknowledged the consistanty issues due to varying takes by the different writers, but it all still counted, regardless of what the fandoms were assuming.
considering its not kamiya's dmc anymore and that dmc3's manga as well as the actual game through the novels out of canon means that no, they are not canon, unless you want an even more incoherent story, sorry but the tony redgrave i lost my memory somehow arc never happened, and neither did the gilver thing

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
considering its not kamiya's dmc anymore and that dmc3's manga as well as the actual game through the novels out of canon means that no, they are not canon, unless you want an even more incoherent story, sorry but the tony redgrave i lost my memory somehow arc never happened, and neither did the gilver thing

According to Capcom and the fact they do still regard the novels as canon...yes it did. Fandom assumed "non-canon", Capcom has never EVER said this nor suggested it.

Now if you wann'a talk Deadly Fortune...yeah, that thing is so self-contridictory that it can only be an AU version of DMC4 for Bingo's own story threads that the rest of the dev team rejected to be presented

AlchemistFromEden

According to Capcom and the fact they do still regard the novels as canon...yes it did. Fandom assumed "non-canon", Capcom has never EVER said this nor suggested it.

Now if you wann'a talk Deadly Fortune...yeah, that thing is so self-contridictory that it can only be an AU version of DMC4 for Bingo's own story threads that the rest of the dev team rejected to be presented
wiki is managed by capcom, and according to them
Devil May Cry Volume 1

Thanks to Devil May Cry 3, the light novel that was created by Shin-ya Goikeda, who worked closely with series creator Hideki Kamiya during the development of the novel, is now thrown out of canon; however, Vergil appears in this novel under the alias 'Gilver'.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
...no, the Wikia is managed by fans, Capcom has it's own database. Please don't give credit and authority due to a resource that's not what you claim.

Top Bottom