• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

the significance of rebellion and yamato

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
yeah a fallen angel should probably make a demon or devil, demon king actually a fitting new him..

Reactions: Jak

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
man, there's gotta be a way to get NT talk more about DmC.. i get this vibe they're avoiding DmC questions, certain unpleasant experiences with the game i suppose

I just think they've done the best they could with the definitive edition, and now they just want to move forward with Hellblade, Disney Infinity and whatever the other project they're working on is. They've stated that they're proud of what they've done with DmC, as am I, but it being Capcom's franchise they can never answer questions about a potential sequel.

absolitude

I just think they've done the best they could with the definitive edition, and now they just want to move forward with Hellblade, Disney Infinity and whatever the other project they're working on is. They've stated that they're proud of what they've done with DmC, as am I, but it being Capcom's franchise they can never answer questions about a potential sequel.

ah, yes, i keep forgetting the part where the game actually belonged to capcom..

hey, how bout if you would, ask NT bout rahni's secret project?

absolitude

Maybe down the road if they try and work for another big name company or go try again with Sony.

Heavenly Sword 2 feels more likely than Enslaved 2 after all.

yeah, enslaved is more closed ending.. well heavenly sword or like @Vergilius said, a 2d DmC style game --realistic if wampuns is the issue

Gray Knight

Yes. After.

Those fists should've been gauntlet weapons from the start --
Well to be fair on your points about using his hands and fists he did have the Killer Bee move (which in the other games required a gauntlet/greave weapon to use) that used his feet to deal the damage in his demonic moveset. So it seems like he can already channel directly into his body to some degree. I guess he just prefers yamato and summoned swords.
both actually have glowy hands.. vergil is blue-ish in the game and dante is red-ish unlike in the concept.. and those smokey glows comes from their heads and fists.. i wonder why
oh, and with those glow color shown in the game, does this officially mean vergil did embrace his angelic side and dante demonic?
Well I remember Dante's hands glowed red after a "demon dodge" as I recall them being called so it links to that I guess. That and Dante really seems to take after his demonic side whereas Vergil seems a little more balance in that regard (at least in how their devil triggers manifest).

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
hey, how bout if you would, ask NT bout rahni's secret project?

I would, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that they will not respond. It's a secret project, after all. I can imagine it being announced later this year after Hellblade comes out.

I just want NT to make another DmC-type game -- but they most likely lack the funds for it.

Maybe down the road if they try and work for another big name company or go try again with Sony.

Just because NT isn't teaming up with a publisher for Hellblade, doesn't mean that y'all should think they've suddenly gone completely independent. NT themselves have said that they are, in fact, still working with big companies (they could mean Disney or maybe there's a big publisher behind the secret project) and that Hellblade was only possible because they themselves had the funds for it. I believe DmC is the first game where they received royalties for it. Who knows? Maybe DmC is the game that made Hellblade possible, it is their most sold game thus far.

absolitude

I would, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that they will not respond. It's a secret project, after all. I can imagine it being announced later this year after Hellblade comes out.

as a new and one of the promising studios, NT should really be more interactive with the fans imo.. well anyway, in another article i read that more news of the secret project will come this january, but the possibilities of it getting more light is like you said, after they release hellblade.. i sure hope this january, the sooner the better..

Well to be fair on your points about using his hands and fists he did have the Killer Bee move (which in the other games required a gauntlet/greave weapon to use) that used his feet to deal the damage in his demonic moveset. So it seems like he can already channel directly into his body to some degree. I guess he just prefers yamato and summoned swords.
Well I remember Dante's hands glowed red after a "demon dodge" as I recall them being called so it links to that I guess. That and Dante really seems to take after his demonic side whereas Vergil seems a little more balance in that regard (at least in how their devil triggers manifest).

yeah, i forgot about that demon dodge thing too.. how would they explain this, the weapon -rebellion- is a catalyst for new acquired weapon, and the glowing hands? power channeling?

absolitude

They can be as interactive as you want but even then they still can't reveal a secret project. Wouldn't be secret otherwise.

to make it so much as a secret would make it some kind of a particualrly siginificant game, if it's just another new IP it should be less in secrecy for promotional purpose imo.. but in this case it's a secret because it's still verymuch in early stage i think, more like they haven't got enough material to show off..

but the interactivity was meant towards DmC, tim phillips was more interactive about it than NT are..

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well... looks like it's up to some (other) random indie-dev now to give us a DmC-type game...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
NT did agree to do the DMC.org Interview way back when DmC was being made. That was when they answered some fan questions so its not like they wouldn't interact with us if given the chance.

absolitude

Well... looks like it's up to some (other) random indie-dev now to give us a DmC-type game...
i would go with dontnod

NT did agree to do the DMC.org Interview way back when DmC was being made. That was when they answered some fan questions so its not like they wouldn't interact with us if given the chance.
that is awesome and all, but they they needed to for promotional purpose and being friendly to the fanbase, and the fuss around the game..

i'm specifically talking the now and more of the casual gestures on the social media..

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Again, don't see how any of this is relevant to the topic. This isn't so much about the significance of the two swords, but about the significance of whether some secret project might be DmC 2 - or not even that, just discussing other potential developers for a DmC/DmC-esque game - neither things relate to the original purpose of this thread. I'm sorry, but this kind of thing is beginning to irk me now. I understand a few off-topic/unrelated posts are no big issue, but I don't expect to browse through a thread and be completely lost, unable to figure out what the actual point of the thread is to start with. You guys have either got to keep these topics mostly on track, or go and make other threads if you want to discuss different things. There's no problem with creating more threads, but please don't keep changing the subject a page into a new thread. I'd really appreciate it if you could co-operate with me here. Thanks.

Top Bottom