• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

the significance of rebellion and yamato

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i'm inspired with the thread 'dante got cheated' and 'question about rebellion', i'm pretty sure this kind of thread has been around before, but i'll go anyway for the sake of knowing, discussion and keeping this section alive, lol..

the way i see it, rebellion got more spotlight in DmC and that game is infact focusing more on dante and if i refer to the thread 'dante got cheated', i would say dante isn't cheated in DmC, they're more equal or maybe it's even better for dante..

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Rebellion_(DmC)

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Yamato_(DmC)

i don't know how accurate wikis are, but i have to say those are what what i see in the game, so it's pretty accurate..

now let's talk about rebellion, from the wiki which they're taking it from the comics, it's said that dante got the rebellion when in prison, hearing daddy's voice and then acquire rebellion to defend himself..

rebellion here have this nifty morphing ability, and i actually took the time to observe it in-game and noticed the handle, bridge and blade parts expands and transforms --cool sight, rebellion is basically the base form of all the weapons in game, exclude eryx, since i definitely can't see which part is which..

based on that, i dare say rebellion in DmC is the ultimate source of arsenal for dante, in a way, the sword absorbs the demons he killed and transform it into new weapon, so without rebellion dante is basically nothing, like in the comic, he needed that to defend himself --well he's young there i know, but still.. or, dante absorbs the demons power and rebellion is the catalyst, basically the same thing, no new weapon without rebellion..

and then there's yamato, also from daddy, this sword is basically ignored, nothing fancy telling about it in the game cept for opening teleportation hole is it?, that one line "i'll close the hell gate with yamato" and that it has the ability to channel angel or demon power.. apart from that, i really don't know much about yamato in DmC game, i don't know from other official sources..

based from that rebellion is definitely the better weapon and dante should be very dependant on it won't he?

discuss if you know more and need to fix up or add some things..

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Personally, I think the Yamato reflects Vergil himself: unyielding and inflexible (since the sword itself doesn't morph).

Vergil would most likely use a hand-to-hand style if there ever were a sequel regardless, but it would probably be because he managed to figure out how manipulate the Yamato into a gauntlet/greave-type weapon (due to him becoming a demon king).

I'm guessing some light body armor or an Angelic exoskeleton.

His soul is evil, but his appearance will most likely forever be "divine-looking" because he actually believes what he's doing is right -- and because of his Half-Angel heritage.

That "fire" you see on his fists in devil trigger mode is probably a precursor to him getting a certain kind of ability to inflame his arms in normal mode when he learns how to "fuse" the Yamato into his very soul, allowing for close-quarter combat.

absolitude

That "fire" you see on his fists in devil trigger mode is probably a precursor to him getting a certain kind of ability to inflame his arms in normal mode when he learns how to "fuse" the Yamato into his very soul, allowing for close-quarter combat.

i didn't notice this, there's a 'fire' in vergil's fist on DT? apart from that, we can't assume what he can do if it's not on the official source --either the game or the comic..

i just wish they'd dig more on vergil or yamato since it is an origin story

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

DmC-Devil-May-Cry-Vergil-s-Downfall-DLC-Gets-New-Screenshots-Details-2.jpg

absolitude

Yes. After.

Those fists should've been gauntlet weapons from the start --

this was from grega man or donnie i assume.. if the fist should be gauntlet, then both reb and yamato have the ability to transform, but yamato should be the better one since it would've acquire em gauntlets without defeating a boss, or was it supposed to have a boss too?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm guessing that Vergil should have had it from the start; a weapon that was separate from Yamato to begin with.

Now, they're going to have to explain how Vergil could only morph the Yamato AFTER exposing the sword to the hell gate.

absolitude

I'm guessing that Vergil should have had it from the start; a weapon that was separate from Yamato to begin with.

Now, they're going to have to explain how Vergil could only morph the Yamato AFTER exposing the sword to the hell gate.

i doubt we're getting that explanation even if we get the sequel, the tendencies are to just move on with the story and touching only certain untold ones --the bigger details

@sssensational , hey uh.. you're pretty much close with NT, as in you're getting so many retweets and replies from them, believe me she did guys.. what are the chances if you ask em some stuffs?

Elijah Guerrero

Perhaps both weapons are Nephilim weapons that imbue both demonic and angelic power. That would make them deadly agasint both races and the Nephilim (the twins) could only wield them to their full potential.

absolitude

Perhaps both weapons are Nephilim weapons that imbue both demonic and angelic power. That would make them deadly agasint both races and the Nephilim (the twins) could only wield them to their full potential.

for a weapon that could damage both angel and demon that makes sense, for that to happen eva should still be alive for the making of the weapons, or they've discussed this before..

oh and what about the amulet? do they have anything to do with their power? in the beginning of Vergil's downfall he was trying to perform the doppleganger but failed and he rubs his neck to realize the amulet is gone.. or it has nothing to do whatsoever? he's too weak to do a dopple and rubbing there made him realize that the amulet is gone?

Elijah Guerrero

for a weapon that could damage both angel and demon that makes sense, for that to happen eva should still be alive for the making of the weapons, or they've discussed this before..

oh and what about the amulet? do they have anything to do with their power? in the beginning of Vergil's downfall he was trying to perform the doppleganger but failed and he rubs his neck to realize the amulet is gone.. or it has nothing to do whatsoever? he's too weak to do a dopple and rubbing there made him realize that the amulet is gone?
I think the amulets are both 'focus items' that help master their powers. For example, when Dante broke the chains on the statue within his inner-self, the amulet glowed with power. And when Vergil failed to create his clone, he found his amulet gone, stolen by his twisted hollow self.

Who knows, maybe they'll get more info in a sequel. In the classic Devil May Cry games those amulets were part of the key to the Underworld's doors along with unlocking the true form of Force Edge, the Sparda. So, the amulets of this game have more meaning to them than whats currently shown.

absolitude

both actually have glowy hands.. vergil is blue-ish in the game and dante is red-ish unlike in the concept.. and those smokey glows comes from their heads and fists.. i wonder why

oh, and with those glow color shown in the game, does this officially mean vergil did embrace his angelic side and dante demonic?

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
@sssensational , hey uh.. you're pretty much close with NT, as in you're getting so many retweets and replies from them, believe me she did guys.. what are the chances if you ask em some stuffs?

Close? :') I suppose I do often tweet to them and they reply or RT me. But Dominic Matthews runs the account and I don't know how involved he was with the DmC project, so I doubt he could give us a straight answer. Remember when someone asked about Dante's age and he was like "17 is too young but he's not 21"? Yeah, good answer there, mate. XD

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy
both actually have glowy hands.. vergil is blue-ish in the game and dante is red-ish unlike in the concept.. and those smokey glows comes from their heads and fists.. i wonder why
It's concept art, so stuff that wasn't in the final game. Dante's appearance doesn't change into Angel/Devil modes like the art. I also figured that the art may have been for Angel Trigger/Devil Trigger that wasn't implemented.

absolitude

Close? :') I suppose I do often tweet to them and they reply or RT me. But Dominic Matthews runs the account and I don't know how involved he was with the DmC project, so I doubt he could give us a straight answer. Remember when someone asked about Dante's age and he was like "17 is too young but he's not 21"? Yeah, good answer there, mate. XD
how you know who runs their twitter i think is the closest than most of us, lol.. is dominic the guy consistently showing in hellblade right? never thought he'd answer like that -_-

man, there's gotta be a way to get NT talk more about DmC.. i get this vibe they're avoiding DmC questions, certain unpleasant experiences with the game i suppose

It's concept art, so stuff that wasn't in the final game. Dante's appearance doesn't change into Angel/Devil modes like the art. I also figured that the art may have been for Angel Trigger/Devil Trigger that wasn't implemented.
well it doesnt look exactly like the art, but the fire-y hands and heads remained.. interesting how there's always something bigger meant for a game and more interesting that they didn't make it.. oh the gaming industry

Top Bottom