• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Reputation (+rep) System

Should we get rid of the Rep system?

• Yup.

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Nooooooooooo!!!!!11

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hi,

Quick question: Does anyone here care about it? The majority of members here know what it is and how it works so I won't bother explaining what it is. ^_^

Any who, I'd like to optimize the forum and help keep things running as optimally as possible. Disabling the rep system would mean everything would perform that little bit quicker and more efficiently.

So, it's up to you guys!

Psst... Vote to get rid of it. ;)

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
Steve;174699 said:
Hi,

Quick question: Does anyone here care about it? The majority of members here know what it is and how it works so I won't bother explaining what it is. ^_^

Any who, I'd look to optimize the forum and help keep things running as optimally as possible. Disabling the rep system would mean everything would perform that little bit quicker and more efficiently.

So, it's up to you guys!

Psst... Vote to get rid of it. ;)

Well, if there was away we could somehow put the rep system to some good use then keep it, but if not then get rid. I do like the look of it though, gives it more of DMC-ish look, you know.

I do have some (or maybe 1 XD) ideas if you would like to hear them ^_^

i think that we should keep it. becuse it might help some members to improve and have more faith in the way they think. and it is a way to show appreciation for others help

MasterOfEvil

Yes, I attack inanimate objects
Premium
Either is fine with me. I don't really see much of a point to keep it. But that's just me.

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
DanteTheDevil;174732 said:
No, just no. That rep+ thingy is responsible for ranks right? (SSSTYLISH, SSHOWTIME, HETHIC, LETHAL, etc)

No. You own the ranks by posting much. Eg. If you have over 3000 posts(or somewhere near:dry:)you'll have the rank "Son of Sparda".

And, on-topic, I like the rep system. But if the forums will be more efficient, then I vote for getting rid of it.
Besides, Steve also wants to disable this system so...

Keaton

Premium
In my opinion Rep has always been a force for Good and Evil ^^
Its nice to praise someone when you approve of their post; it is also awesome when you recieve a nice comment from someone when your own post is agreed with. On the other hand, it is little more than a line of growing numbers -- which is pretty redundant aside from the whole rep gimmick anyway.

I say scrap it, it was nice when Rep was being thrown around like confetti, but nowadays it takes a post of epic proportions or something hillarious ( or crude) to encourage rep to be given: which means newbies can't build up pips as quick as they used to.

Personally, the forum will live without it ^_^ Although, it might be nice to create some 'Forum Awards' in the form of badges to be worn in the profile (or something alike), mainly to help encourage new and existing members to post comprehensivly and really add to the colourful content of the forums ^^

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
Keaton;174749 said:
It might be nice to create some 'Forum Awards' in the form of badges to be worn in the profile (or something alike), mainly to help encourage new and existing members to post comprehensivly and really add to the colourful content of the forums ^^

I like your idea. Rep+

Durante

Dead
XD it seem's that we can still use the rep system,but if we can get a better solution then i vote for disable it,Keaton's idea sounded nice to me.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Well, no rep works for the resident evil site we have and nobody seems to mind there. I'm not fussy either way (well, I am just not on this issue. I'll always be fussy about other things) so whatever is decided is fine by me.

/voice of authority :lol:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
One Winged Angel;174706 said:
I do have some (or maybe 1 XD) ideas if you would like to hear them ^_^
Definitely! I'd love to hear 'em!

Kamen Rider Decade;174709 said:
i think that we should keep it. becuse it might help some members to improve and have more faith in the way they think. and it is a way to show appreciation for others help
Dangit! This is exactly what I didn't want to be posted: Rational arguments from the other side! :p

Kinda puts my "I want it gone coz it's crap argument to shame." :(

DanteTheDevil;174732 said:
No, just no. That rep+ thingy is responsible for ranks right? (SSSTYLISH, SSHOWTIME, HETHIC, LETHAL, etc)
Rep is responsible for pretty much nothing. Well, except for the number of red/blue "orbs" that appear to the left of all of your posts.

MasterOfEvil;174736 said:
Either is fine with me. I don't really see much of a point to keep it. But that's just me.
Amen, brother! I'd give you +rep... but if I have my way then the rep system will be gone and giving you rep would be pretty pointless...

Oh, what the hell. I've given you rep regardless. ^_^

Slayer_of_Darkness96;174739 said:
No. You own the ranks by posting much. Eg. If you have over 3000 posts(or somewhere near:dry:)you'll have the rank "Son of Sparda".

And, on-topic, I like the rep system. But if the forums will be more efficient, then I vote for getting rid of it.
Besides, Steve also wants to disable this system so...
Bingo! Couldn't have explained it better myself! The rep system has absolutely no influence on your forum ranks. Speaking of ranks... we should totally add more. :cool:

Keaton;174749 said:
In my opinion Rep has always been a force for Good and Evil ^^
Its nice to praise someone when you approve of their post; it is also awesome when you recieve a nice comment from someone when your own post is agreed with. On the other hand, it is little more than a line of growing numbers -- which is pretty redundant aside from the whole rep gimmick anyway.

I say scrap it, it was nice when Rep was being thrown around like confetti, but nowadays it takes a post of epic proportions or something hillarious ( or crude) to encourage rep to be given: which means newbies can't build up pips as quick as they used to.

Personally, the forum will live without it ^_^ Although, it might be nice to create some 'Forum Awards' in the form of badges to be worn in the profile (or something alike), mainly to help encourage new and existing members to post comprehensivly and really add to the colourful content of the forums ^^
That's more like it! Some rational arguments for why we should get rid. We'll just pretend you didn't raise valid points as to why the rep system can be beneficial. It never happened! Reasons for keeping it will not help my "coz it's crap!" campaign, dammit!

:p

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I'm personally voting that we get rid of it, it's not serving any real purpose other than the colourful little orbs to look at, and to be honest, if you make a decent and contributing post, you shouldn't expect a reward for it.
I've seen a lot of cases in which people only post something of value to a topic if they know they'll get rep for it, frankly I think that if you're going to be a member of a huge discussion board, then you should be contributing without even thinking about rewards.

And anyway, if it helps the board run smoother, then I'm all for it, we've had many threads asking if you can do something with reputation, but I don't suppose the addons exist, therefore it's serving no purpose other than ego-boosting, by that logic, I'll support your "cos it's crap" campaign. :lol:

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Personally I have mixed feelings on this issue.

Yes it is totally useless, but I have soooo many rep points (694970 point(s) total), just seems a shame to lose them all

On the other hand I am one of those who gets bored and randomly reps people for no reason at all, on old threads XD so maybe you should get rid of it.

As a matter of fact I am gonna rep every person that posts here, every post. And there is nothing you can do about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!!!

The only way to stop my bored stupid rampage is to remove the system!!!!!!11!!!!1!!!!1!!!!!!!!1!!111!!!!!!!11!11!!!!!!!111111!!!ONE!!!!1

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^True, but it still isn't very useful in that respect is it?

Couldn't you just say "nice point" or "I agree" or "Nice idea"?

The points just build up uselessly right now.

Also..........REPED!!!!!!!!

*Runs into the night like a madman*

BWA HA HA HA HA!!!!!111!!!!!!1!!!!!ONE!!!!!11!!!!

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^REPED AGAIN!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!111!!!1!

YOU CANNOT ESCAPE!!!!!!!!

Sad isn't it?

I could do this all over the forum and it doesn't technically break any rules.

I just might give rep to every post on the forum.

And there is nothing you can do!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom