• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Apologies for the double post, but the latest scandal in the entertainment world is really ticking me off.

In the West End, there is a certain play going on at the Noël Coward (appropriate name) theatre starring Game of Thrones actor Kit Harington. Whilst the play's subject matter is already controversial, a more recent stir has been caused by the theatre itself which has the intention of hosting "Black-Outs" on several nights which for the uninitiated are performances where tickets will only be sold to black theatre-goers.

Apparently the aim is "to get Black people into the theatre - an otherwise white-dominated space" and they're "designed to provide an exclusive environment for Black-identifying audiences to witness and discuss the performance free from the white gaze. This initiative follows a successful Broadway precedent, aiming to celebrate and reflect upon the diverse and complex history of Black narratives in theatre".

Clearly the legality of the matter does not matter as apparently this isn't the first time this has gone on, it's just only now that it's blowing up and getting media attention. Personally I don't know whether to be enraged or just applaud the audacity of bringing back segregation into the 21st Century. Putting aside the fact that it suggests that black Brits are too sensitive to be able to enjoy theatrical performances when in the presence of Caucasians, selling tickets at reduced prices based on race also plays into the stereotype of blacks being dirt poor and unable to afford the "high arts" - which is ridiculous when you take into account the demographics of rap concerts and how their tickets can often be double that of your average West End production, and yet blacks have no trouble turning out en mass for those types of entertainment.

Do I even need to broach the idea of what would have happened if the roles were reversed and the Theatre had suggested plans of a "White Out" night where white Brits could enjoy the event "free from the black gaze"? :unsure:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Trying to understand the Israeli/Palestine conflict was a rabbit hole I should be careful with.

@Lain

That's ridiculous and insulting to POCs everywhere.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Why do people promise to do stuff if they're not willing to keep their promise or stick to the schedule?? I'm sooooo ****ed rn...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Insomnia really is a ba**ard.
Been there done that, I definitely agree. And it gets worse when your stress levels increase, BECAUSE of insomnia...

Several small things worked for me applied as routine: melatonin, valeriana tea exactly the same time every evening, breathing techniques, meditation, saying a prayer and getting a stuffed animal in my arms (YES I'm just a big toddler). Dunno which one of them worked the most because I applied them all at once.

Ye olde medicine AKA brandy shots just gave me tachycardia so I dropped it.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Been there done that, I definitely agree. And it gets worse when your stress levels increase, BECAUSE of insomnia...

Several small things worked for me applied as routine: melatonin, valeriana tea exactly the same time every evening, breathing techniques, meditation, saying a prayer and getting a stuffed animal in my arms (YES I'm just a big toddler). Dunno which one of them worked the most because I applied them all at once.

Ye olde medicine AKA brandy shots just gave me tachycardia so I dropped it.
My issue is not the sleep itself, it is due to back and leg spasms and cramps that keep me awake from my b.f.s (benign fasciculation syndrome) when it flares up, as it makes it impossible to nod off

If it was just regular form i could find a way to handle it, but this condition can be super random and give me hell out of nowhere with no warning just because it feels like it lol, though my job and it's toll on the body helps it along nicely i am sure, which is why i take epsom salt baths after work every second night.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
My issue is not the sleep itself, it is due to back and leg spasms and cramps that keep me awake from my b.f.s (benign fasciculation syndrome) when it flares up, as it makes it impossible to nod off

If it was just regular form i could find a way to handle it, but this condition can be super random and give me hell out of nowhere with no warning just because it feels like it lol, though my job and it's toll on the body helps it along nicely i am sure, which is why i take epsom salt baths after work every second night.
Ahhhhh I see. Mine was merely psychological. Well I've got restless feet syndrome too but that's not causing me insomnia, rather it's activated by it. And it's pretty easy to handle anyway.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'm so sick of Trudeau and his apologists. The man may be leading the Liberal party, but there's more communist in him than liberal at this point--in the vast amount of the party itself, too. I swear his supporters look at the party name and think, "That's it, that's what we want". Meanwhile, the Conservative leader, Poilievre, is the type of leader we actually need: he doesn't cherry-pick which Canadian voices matter and which ones don't. He wants to bring down the carbon tax and the inflation that stems from it, yet so many people think he's the enemy because apparently, common sense policies are the antithesis for people lacking common sense, and of course, anyone who isn't far Left must be right-wing. :rolleyes: I seriously ****ing can't with these people anymore.

I've never in my life gone to bat for a politician like this before, but I actually trust in him and what he wants to do for the people in this country. I hope Trudeau faces a vote of no confidence this year, because frankly? I don't see us making it another year under out of touch trust-fund Trudeau.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Few things boil my **** more than the mistreatment of children, as so when I came across this news story, it was bound to push my buttons.

A children's hospital in Manchester is undergoing a scandal right about now because it has been revealed that a number of nurses wearing their Pro-Palestine badges have been refusing treatment for a young Jewish boy. Before anything else, an official NHS nurse should not be wearing anything aside from their official uniform and so by displaying political badges they are already breaking policy and should have been reprimanded. Then there's the issue of the fact that they are mistreating a boy because he is Jewish and according to the child's uncle, the mistreatment suddenly stopped when they removed his kippa and tzitzit, meaning that when he was no longer "visibly Jewish" then suddenly the nurses were willing to help him. Apparently the boy is now scared to wear any religious paraphernalia at all in case he puts his life in jeopardy because of these nurses.

Needless to say, this is disgusting and abhorrent behaviour. These "nurses" should be fired and struck from the registrar so that they never work in healthcare again. Protest foreign wars all you like on your own time, but when you're a taxpayer funded nurse we expect you to adhere to a basic level of conduct and that includes not abusing children for bigoted reasons.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Few things boil my **** more than the mistreatment of children, as so when I came across this news story, it was bound to push my buttons.

A children's hospital in Manchester is undergoing a scandal right about now because it has been revealed that a number of nurses wearing their Pro-Palestine badges have been refusing treatment for a young Jewish boy. Before anything else, an official NHS nurse should not be wearing anything aside from their official uniform and so by displaying political badges they are already breaking policy and should have been reprimanded. Then there's the issue of the fact that they are mistreating a boy because he is Jewish and according to the child's uncle, the mistreatment suddenly stopped when they removed his kippa and tzitzit, meaning that when he was no longer "visibly Jewish" then suddenly the nurses were willing to help him. Apparently the boy is now scared to wear any religious paraphernalia at all in case he puts his life in jeopardy because of these nurses.

Needless to say, this is disgusting and abhorrent behaviour. These "nurses" should be fired and struck from the registrar so that they never work in healthcare again. Protest foreign wars all you like on your own time, but when you're a taxpayer funded nurse we expect you to adhere to a basic level of conduct and that includes not abusing children for bigoted reasons.

100% agreed. Getting pretty tired of these so-called "progressive" types being the bigots they purport to hate.

I hope that boy has a speedy recovery and his family sues the hospital. Absolutely disgraceful.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I've been having nightmares about my neighbours. Don't remember the nightmares but know they were in it.
I don't mind confrontation but when it comes to neighbours, I pick my battles.
Like when their free-reign chickens kept coming into my yard and scropping up the grass, I went over to tell them to come get them, only to find that the owner herself is **** scared to touch them. The compromise was that I get to throw chickens back over the fence when they trespassed. I eventually called animal control to have a word with them, because the owners did nothing to prevent their coop flying wild in my yard or crapping down the fence on my side. Did this sort out the problem? Well, eventually I was getting knocks on my door from people down the street saying I need to collect my chickens on the corner because they weren't going to last much longer.

(For reference, my house is street facing and we have a single driveway and garage. This is separated by a strip of vegetation from our neighbours, whose double garage and double driveway are street facing but their house is basically hidden behind their garage. Hence, people always assume the scum of the street is us. These are also the idiots I have to redirect to the actual culprits.)

So I'm guessing they literally no longer gave a hoot and said chickens 'disappeared.'

Or like the time they decided to weedwack the little bit in their driveway and it all blew into my driveway. I was so peedoff that when I aggressively and cursing under my breath went to sweep it up, I didn't notice they were in their drive watching me at first. They stopped me and said they'll clean it up. I said sweet, thanks, and went to wallow in embarrassed victory in my house. And they did clean it up. They also came to set me at ease whenever they parked their vehicles on the on-road parking out front of my house. They didn't have to, that's not my property that's public space, but yeah okay. Their vehicles range from Hilux Ute's to working vans to these cars that look like gangsters drive to trailers. I only park on-steet because when they park across from my house, I can't reverse out my driveway without possibly scraping their car. They also tended to park me into my driveway (I climbed into the old man who did that once and made him move). So, pick my battles, I'll park where I don't need to worry about them.
Same goes to all the crap their two little unsupervised feral punks throw into my yard. I'll pick up their rubbish and either throw it right back into their yard, or drive around the block and throw it into the woods in their backyard. Many a toy/shoes/dog equipment have found their final testing place there. I've filled up rubbish bags with their actual rubbish ending up in my yard. My property is elevated to theirs so highly unlikely the wind picked it up, stood on a ladder and blew it into mine.
I've been amicable to them, they to me. We keep to ourselves, and the only problem they ever aired with us was the mysterious overflow coming from a wall between us, which we can literally do nothing about unless they rip it down and build a new one. Which won't be on us. We rent. It's the landlords issue, not ours, so I literally handed that over to the right people to complain to.
Are these neighbours questionable? Hell yeah. They have relations to gangs. They put up a rich face but they literally live in filth. I have to tell my kids to close their bedroom windows that face toward their house when they start to smoke crap. I've seen their five year old boy playing with a knife and the way he used it, you can tell this kid has either seen people getting stabbed or he's been groomed by the gangster uncle on how to stab. The 7 year old daughter calls her mother a fat fck and a fat bch. The kids would climb onto the roofs of their cars and out their bedroom window onto the roof of their house. Parents oblivious because they're too stoned or don't give a poo. They used to stay up late on school nights singing karaoke in their garage. I have noise control written down next to my phone, that's how often I had to ring them to sort them out.
They recently had a third baby. Within the first week of baby being born, the police have come knocking at my door looking for dad. I don't want to know their business, I'd rather not know how many times a week the police come knocking. I also know the gangster member's name because the dept of corrections came looking for him at my door.

The problem here is I believe in live and let live. You keep to your own, I keep to my own. We don't cross lines, because when you cross a certain line with me you're done for. This is my makeup. It's in my blood. Gangsters and the mob and criminals don't scare me. So don't cross me, easy.

Unfortunately, my other neighbours are an old lady with nothing better to do than team up with another neighbour who has only one kid and way too much fkin time on her hands. Said old lady has already been assaulted by gangster for calling noise control. So my scummy neighbours have been gone all week, but this time they didn't take their dog with them. Said dog is lonely and bored and therefore is barking morning, noon and night. Nosy neighbours ask me if the scum are gone. I said, idk, haven't heard or seen their cars or kids since Monday (this happened Wednesday). I tell them, dog walker scum came to take doggy for a walk on Tues. Scum also came by to drop off another trash car in their drive on Tues and then left again. I'm asked to check if doggy has food and water. I refuse to set foot in their yard (for fear of getting attacked by rats) but will see what I can see from over the fence. Yard is absolute landfill. Doggy has also gone savage and torn up all blankets and tipped out all food/drink containers. Wednesday night nosy neighbour still texting me until late about concerns. I say, look unless my kids complain they can't sleep because dog too noisy, I'm not lifting a finger. Not my circus, not my monkeys. Nosy says she might call animal control, I say whatever I would've rung noise control because they'll get in touch with scum owners to sort their **** out but you do you nosy.
Thursday morning, nosy neighbours are out for blood. I say, I'll check on doggy after school run, and then preceded to literally run down the road with school kids before they can try rope me in. I want no part of their diabolical plan. I get back from school run, to be met with animal control who asked me how they can access the scum property. I tell control, she's a good sweet doggy and by the sound of her barking, she's right in back. I pushed the gate open, said good luck, and went home.
An hour later the nosy duo or knocking on my door to say "doggy is gone now" to which I reply, yeah animal control asked me how to get in, obviously doggy is gone.
Oh, but not also is doggy gone. They have taken photos for evidence at the landfill, posted an evac notice, and apparently also child youth and family services were being notified the squallor the children had to live in. Also, they're not allowed to just take their kids out of school for a week for holiday.
At this point I'm putting my hands up and saying, look, I had no issue with dog, I come from a country where dogs bark all friggin night long. This dog was background noise to us, didn't bother us, we had to adjust to the silence of this country when we moved here. My kids were the original noise before scum moved in. I have no beef with dog nor scum. Also, I've taken my kids out of school AND country for a month at a time to go back to birth country for first birthday and wedding, alternately, so if you're asking me to join in on your judging, forget it.

So dog walker scum arrives an hour later to walk no-dog. Like the white trash she is, she explodes and performs in the driveway (at this time I put Alexa on loud to drown her petty out) and obviously calls scum owners. They were home with their pop (also landlord of their property apparently) by evening time. Heard the kids once yesterday.

Now I've done nothing. I have no guilt. This was probably way overdue to happen anyway. But because I live next door, I feel like I'm guilty by association (but there's really no association to either side). My concern is what they might be assuming, and what implications there may be. Maybe they're not stupid, but given light of their actions, maybe they are.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Nothing ****es you off like reading some healthcare papers from since 1998 and spotting there was a suspicion of a condition written down on your health documents BUT NO ONE EVER DID ANY FURTHER EXAMINATION so here I am, at the age of 31, finding out that this crap WOULD HAVE BEEN TREATED WHEN I WAS 5 YEARS OLD IF SOMEONE ACTUALLY READ THE PAPERS PROPERLY

GAAAAAAHHHH
:mad:

Top Bottom