• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Official MCU Thread

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Lol, I kinda had a feeling actually. Ultron's overall story was incredibly weak in the comics. Kinda weird that Whedon picked that one as his "most personal story ever."
Looking back on it, you have a point. My friend mentioned that the Ultron story in the comics got pretty sloppy

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I personally prefer The Avengers over The Avengers: Age Of Ultron. It's not that I didn't like the movie. I just thought the first was better.

As for The Incredible Hulk. Not too keen on him in The Avengers. The fact that he can seemingly change from Banner to Hulk in a matter of seconds because he's 'always angry' kind of ruins the whole vibe for me. The phrase "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry", implies that Bruce needs to become aggravated before any alterations take place. This (The Avengers) seemed to suggest otherwise and I wasn't keen on that.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@LordOfDarkness
To be fair The Incredible Hulk's ending suggested that he could control himself too.

It was the fact that I'd like to see Bruce get pushed around before he changes. Which you see in The Incredible Hulk. You know, the whole build up to him changing. I thought that was poorly executed in The Avenger's movies.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It was the fact that I'd like to see Bruce get pushed around before he changes. Which you see in The Incredible Hulk. You know, the whole build up to him changing. I thought that was poorly executed in The Avenger's movies.

But The Avengers is set after TIH, right? So it makes sense that he can control himself and you don't need a process to get to that since he learned it in TIH.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Bruce has always maintained a level of control in the comics. It's usually in the earlier stories where he can't control it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm neutral on Spidey's inclusion because I'm not too interested in seeing another teen Peter Parker and I'm mixed about him being introduced in civil war etc.

It's not that I hate the character now, it's just I rather see the new blood be given a chance.

The Good Gentleman

He's always been an integral character in that story though. In fact, not including him would be like....like missing a pinky finger.

I'm glad Sony and Marvel managed to work it out.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind seeing characters from Agents of Shield make an appearance in CA: Civil War just to make the roster feel bigger and get that big screen validation.

Still not convinced about Spidey because the one in the story was a lot older, had a lot more to lose where this one feels like he just put on the tights.

The Good Gentleman

I wouldn't mind seeing characters from Agents of Shield make an appearance in CA: Civil War just to make the roster feel bigger and get that big screen validation.

Both Coulson and May had scenes (or a scene) filmed for Age of Ultron, but got cut out in the end product. So...maybe they'll be in the deleted scenes?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
He's always been an integral character in that story though. In fact, not including him would be like....like missing a pinky finger.

I'm glad Sony and Marvel managed to work it out.
I doubt he'll be doing the major thing he does though in Civil War. To be honest, as much as I love Spidey, considering he's my favorite superhero of all time and I'm a ridiculous Spidey nerd, I still think Civil War could have done just fine without him. And I'm hoping Spidey's inclusion isn't shoehorned in there just because he plays a part in Civil War. I mean, it seems to me like they had to do some rewrites with the script because I don't think Spidey was attained until after they had already written it.

Still, I have faith in Marvel and they haven't made a down right bad movie so far. Sure some aren't as good as others, but I've yet to see a downright terrible MCU movie. They're always at least solid. Plus, the Captain America flicks are the best out of the solo films for me. It made me appreciate the character more. Was never the biggest Cap fan. Hell, those movies made Falcon awesome.

The Good Gentleman

Well, set reports and leaks have repeatedly said that Spidey is part of the "geekiest, nerdiest fight scene on film" in Civil War, so you know....I think I'm just fine with that! :p

And yes....Spider-Man is also my favorite. :3 In fact, I even have two signed variant (silver and gold both!) issues of the rebooted series signed by both Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane! XD

This has been an episode of Showing Off and Gloating. :3

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I've always been more of a Marvel fan then a DC fan (though I do still like DC's heroes, and I will always have a special place in my heart for Batman and his supporting characters and villains)

It just has more of my favorite superheroes. (Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, and Deadpool)

Subject of the MCU, I think The Incredible Hulk and Thor: The Dark World are their worse movies, not that they're terrible per say. But they're kinda mediocre.

Most of the other movies, are pretty good.

But the ones I personally think are REALLY great are Iron Man (the first one), Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of The Galaxy.

I have not seen Ant-Man yet, but I hear good things. And I don't watch the shows.

Other Marvel movies I like, outside the MCU, include

Most of the X-Men movies (Except Origins: Wolverine, and yes I even enjoy The Last Stand to an extent)

Spider-Man 2, The Amazing Spider-Man, and yeah I like The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Though I acknowledge the movie is flawed)

and Blade, and Blade II (Fact, I wanna see Blade, either rebooted, or a sequel, to be added to the MCU. I think it could help bridge out the MCU to the more supernatural/dark fantasy setting)

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
With Spider-Man and Punisher finally joining the MCU along with Daredevil, now I only need Ghost Rider and then my favorite Marvel characters will finally all be together.

Deadpool is at least getting an R rated movie which I'm also happy for that even though it's not in the MCU.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
With Spider-Man and Punisher finally joining the MCU along with Daredevil --
Stop. Those three are all you need. Fox isn't going to give up GR anytime soon.

Deadpool might be a success, but that'd the one shining jewel amongst the sea of Fox crap currently floating around in their film archives.

Now, if only they'd let Tommy Wiseau direct FF2...

http://screenrant.com/fantastic-four-sequel-tommy-wiseau-room-director/

Then we'd be laughing at it intentionally. Kind of.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Top Bottom