• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The odd morality.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The funny thing is, people forget that when Lilith was shot in the abdomen, her pathetic look wasn't that of a grieving mother-to-be, that was a conniving demonic wench realizing that her usefulness to Mundus was gone, and thus any chances she had of gaining any sort of power. Lilith wasn't in this for a happy family, especially considering she actively sends out her demon spawn as Killing Face to fight Dante. She was willing to risk Mundus' heir specifically to bring Dante and earn more of Papa Moondy's favor.

I don't really need to justify anything about their deaths here as opposed to others, because those complaints are born from sheer stupidity from people who just want to be angry about something in the game :p

Vergil's whole plot to kill the demon king ends up wiping out an entire city of people, and the merging of the real world and Limbo would lead to many more deaths. The whole ordeal makes the killing of Lilith's baby seem pretty minor.
Hey, to make an omelette, you gotta break a few eggs :p

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The baby was her "big chance", and it's always a little sad to see a really hopeful character have their dreams (and brains (and baby...)) dashed against the ground.
Got to say, she had no imagination with that plan. Who in their right mind thinks having a baby with someone who is ruling the world and probably has no regard for anything but himself is a good idea? Like she was trying to use the baby to get him to stick with her and share his power. He could have just as easily taken the kid after it was born. Then....plan goes bye bye:p
Or maybe I was just sad because I thought she was a more entertaining villain than Mundus.
Got to admit, I found her pretty funny too. She's like one of those women from 'Real housewives of the-Insert state here-' TV shows. >_<

S.F.W

King of Hearts
Eh.... other than having Mundus's baby in her stomach, I found her pretty useless as a character.
Pretty much I was waiting for WHEN someone was going to put a end to the bitch and her spawn. Vergil pretty much did the world a service.
Besides, did anyone see the size of that thing? I don't think she would've survived the child bearing process.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Besides, did anyone see the size of that thing? I don't think she would've survived the child bearing process.
Demon pregnancy is magical:troll: It defies all know laws. Heck, it even comes out of her head or something to begin the fight.

especially considering she actively sends out her demon spawn as Killing Face to fight Dante
It kinda seemed like demon baby was controling her. The way it was moving around and how she was talking to it to get it to calm down. Seems like it wanted to have a go at Dante as well.

KaizenShio

Got to say, she had no imagination with that plan. Who in their right mind thinks having a baby with someone who is ruling the world and probably has no regard for anything but himself is a good idea? Like she was trying to use the baby to get him to stick with her and share his power. He could have just as easily taken the kid after it was born. Then....plan goes bye bye:p

Got to admit, I found her pretty funny too. She's like one of those women from 'Real housewives of the-Insert state here-' TV shows. >_<

Dude...Dude this statement is soo full of life lesson win.. You just..... Just...... dont even realize it......... LMAO

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
God...I hope I never have to see Lucifer's d*ck in that game...:|
That sounded so wrong just now.

paul-blart-mall-cop-6.jpg

On-topic. I know Dead Space, Dante's Inferno, maybe Diablo, and a couple of other games let you kill infants, human or otherwise. I don't see much of a problem besides killing something that has barely seen the light of day if it was living. Or absolving or just ending the life of an undead. I feel like its a double standard. People snap at the notion of killing children, but don't really care as much when an adult or older adolescent is killed.

I mean Dante in Dante's Inferno murdered more than just undead babies. He killed humans who followed a different faith, random undeads, Death himself (who was pretty weak and pointless considering he is Death), condemned his friend to hell, etc. But him killing babies takes it to a whole new level. What about the other people he killed?

Killing is generally accepted as morally wrong except in cases of self-defense and mercy-killing; they are highly debated though. But what makes it less wrong or more wrong? In my opinion, it's wrong; nothing makes it less or more wrong.

KaizenShio

.... Man I am so torn on this ( Not the vergil thing War is hell) but after watching children of the corn am I wrong in saying any of those evil lil bastards can die

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
People keep forgetting that baby was the ******* ANTICHRIST!

Or, you know, DmC's version of it.
Or it could have grown up to save the world!:troll: Nah, demon baby was evil. Vergil did the world a favour. Maybe a double favour depending on opinion of Lilith. :p

Besides, can anyone imagine a crazy lady like Lilith as a mother? She'd have the kid taken off her by child protective services after 1 hour :lol: Talk about dysfunctional family.

Councilor: Please tell me about your family.
Spawn: Yeah, my Dad kinda rules hell....he doesn't have much time for me; and my stupid Mom is shaking her butt at that club. So I set fire to things...kill animals....summon lesser demons.....normal stuff like that.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger

This reminds me of Nero (the Roman emperor, not Ichigo's long lost, fraternal twin brother) for some reason.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Man, I don't know about you guys, but it took me a long time to kill that demon baby. I mean, first off, I was confused by all the lights around the stage. Then I was grossed out by his appearance. And then he kicked my butt because his attacks were HARD hitting, and dodging mid-combo takes some precision believe it or not. But when I killed that thing, I felt like a total badass Bl

Slacri

It was just a strange seem and grotesque for no reason. It also raises questions about Dante's morality. After Vergil does it he reacts as if Vergil just spilled a soda all over his nice new shirt. The idea that our hero is more likely to go back on their word than the villain also raises eyebrows. Mundus was keeping his end of the bargain, but in return Dante and Vergil lay down some demon bullet abortion.

You could say "HEY! But it's a demon so it doesn't matter!" But there are good demons in the DmC universe and the old universe. Sparda and Phineas, so if they exist there's probably more and the baby had complete potential to actually be good. There's 3 "good" demons if you count Dante.

This used to be a fun series about a guy who ate pizza, rode motorcycles up 90 degree angles and beat demons to death with it. Now it's about laying down some rifle abortions from the character who previously had a code against even using guns.

Let's also not forget that the SWAT team was presumably human and they just watched Vergil gun down some women and her baby and were completely in their rights to open fire. And Vergil and Dante gun them down too.

Let's also not forget that t he city is now in ruin, with probably many casualties to do Mundus' ragefit from Vergil shooting down his unborn son. Dante even passes by cars falling into debris that will probably kill their passengers and doesn't care at all.

Our hero, ladies and gentlemen.

crush

The funny thing is, people forget that when Lilith was shot in the abdomen, her pathetic look wasn't that of a grieving mother-to-be, that was a conniving demonic wench realizing that her usefulness to Mundus was gone, and thus any chances she had of gaining any sort of power. Lilith wasn't in this for a happy family, especially considering she actively sends out her demon spawn as Killing Face to fight Dante. She was willing to risk Mundus' heir specifically to bring Dante and earn more of Papa Moondy's favor.

I don't really need to justify anything about their deaths here as opposed to others, because those complaints are born from sheer stupidity from people who just want to be angry about something in the game :p

Hey, to make an omelette, you gotta break a few eggs :p

Actually she calls her kid a "brat" that doesn't defend himself. I agree on that.
Also Vergil did what has to be done. Their organisation was killed off by no exception and prisoners. It is not morally good, but it must be avenged.
Also letting live a new king of hell is just ludicrous.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It also raises questions about Dante's morality. After Vergil does it he reacts as if Vergil just spilled a soda all over his nice new shirt.
Dante was the one who promised Lilith that she would not be harmed if she went with him. Vergil was the one who shot at her. Dante reacts kinda shocked to that and asks him why he did it. Vergil just says it had to be done. He did it for revenge on Mundus for wrecking his family and because of saving the world.

But there are good demons in the DmC universe and the old universe. Sparda and Phineas, so if they exist there's probably more and the baby had complete potential to actually be good.
Yeah, they were good ones, but maybe the only good demons. Sparda could have only loved Eva, but not cared about the fate of humans.
As for demon baby being good....don't think so. Little guy never stood a chance with Mundus and Lilith as parents. Mundus wanted it to carry on the family business of treading down humanity.

Slacri

Dante was the one who promised Lilith that she would not be harmed if she went with him. Vergil was the one who shot at her. Dante reacts kinda shocked to that and asks him why he did it. Vergil just says it had to be done. He did it for revenge on Mundus for wrecking his family and because of saving the world.
Yeah but he doesn't care at all after its done. He doesn't question Vergil after really, other than reacting with initial shock he barely cares. So Dante is going after Mundus' loved one and murdering them for things Mundus has done. You know, just like Mundus did to Sparda.
Y
eah, they were good ones, but maybe the only good demons. Sparda could have only loved Eva, but not cared about the fate of humans.
As for demon baby being good....don't think so. Little guy never stood a chance with Mundus and Lilith as parents. Mundus wanted it to carry on the family business of treading down humanity.

What? The very fact that they exist proves demons can be good. And Dante and Vergil would have dethroned Mundus before the baby was even born. It's not like they couldn't have found a better home for it. It beats murdering it straight out because you don't like its parents.

KaizenShio

So let Lilith live so she can teach how Humans are a blithe to the world and try a way to exact revenge later..Just to prolong this Inevitable death later down the line.......Naw Vergil did that thing justice

Slacri

So let Lilith live so she can teach how Humans are a blithe to the world and try a way to exact revenge later..Just to prolong this Inevitable death later down the line.......Naw Vergil did that thing justice
I sincerely doubt Lilith would have done anything. She was just Mundus' pawn and wasn't really much of an independent thinker. She was pretty terrified to be honest. Not to mention the fact that they could have just taken the baby from her. Hell, Dante lets Vergil go despite the fact that he tried to just murder him and let on about his plans to take over the world.

It's pretty funny when the supposed bad guy in this game is the one who keeps his word.

Top Bottom