• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Nero vs new Dante thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Actually, the scripts for DMC3 and 4 were writen by an anime script writer so, yeah.

This one goes to Nero for me. New Dante.....i don't really like. Personality wise, Nero was basically Dante's and Vergil's personalities put together. He had the cocky asshole attitude of Classic Dante combined with the cynical attitude of Classic Vergil. New Dante is just annoying, as he acts like Nero, sort of, only with a way worse attitude. As far as fighting skill, Nero is the superior swordsman and marksman. New Dante only has what he learned from protecting himself. Nero has the training in swordsmanship from Credo, the best swordsman in Fortuna. He also demonstrated considerable marksmanship abilities. I say Nero takes this hands down

DMC

Devil May Cry
New Dante is... basically a worse version of Nero... but I like how nero
This one goes to Nero for me. New Dante.....i don't really like. Personality wise, Nero was basically Dante's and Vergil's personalities put together. He had the cocky asshole attitude of Classic Dante combined with the cynical attitude of Classic Vergil. New Dante is just annoying, as he acts like Nero, sort of, only with a way worse attitude. As far as fighting skill, Nero is the superior swordsman and marksman. New Dante only has what he learned from protecting himself. Nero has the training in swordsmanship from Credo, the best swordsman in Fortuna. He also demonstrated considerable marksmanship abilities. I say Nero takes this hands down
Nicely said.. ofcourse I am a fan of Nero... but you saved me waste my fingers on this... I could be eating... -eats a cookie- these... so nice job ^~^

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I choose new Dante, but I still like Nero. He needs more attention. Also, I LOVE Kyrie! She's so cute, and supportive of Nero. Even if he becomes a demon, she would still except him for who he is. I like that. But yeah, she didn't have much screen time to be characterized properly.

I remember when I said this, but I should update;

I say new Dante whole-heartedly. After playing DMC4 more, not only is Nero an annoying guy with his Kyrie shouta noises, but he's honestly a cliched anime angst protagonist from a shonen manga. This is just me, but I really prefer New Dante compared to Nero. A more fleshed out personality, a tougher protagonist, and honestly way more cooler.

I was never a fan of having to "Dress cool/look cool in order to be cool" like a lot of anime do. So I'm happy that new Dante is the type to dress like a normal average joe who just threw on something that's useful but still pretty rad to kick some ass.

Meanwhile Nero looks like he had to spend an hour just to get his hair groomed and just threw on some cosplay he found on line like a chuunibuyou. (middle school syndrome look it up)

Also, Nero's a bit of a whiner when it comes to Kyrie. I understand love and such and how it was his first, but...dude, go get your girl. Don't just sit on the ground, bang your fist, and cry about it. Or at the very least do it in a way that doesn't have you crying to yourself all the time. Once is fine, but more then that is just pathetic IMO.

EDIT: Also, New Dante didn't even shead a single tear. He showed emotions, but not enough to cry all the time. Even when he was seven, new Dante didn't cry when his mom died, he swore revenge AT. THE. AGE. OF. SEVEN. That's how raw new Dante is.

But again, this is why I prefer New Dante as the better lead. Tough, strong, edgy, and quick with the wit while still being real with his emotions.

Also N!Dante could solo Nero in a fight, no problem.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

N*gga Dante, boi!
half_demon_gangsta_by_gilsonfrance-d6lcys3.png

http://dragonswordking2012.deviantart.com/art/Half-demon-Gangsta-398673939

New Dante is... basically a worse version of Nero... but I like how nero

Nicely said.. ofcourse I am a fan of Nero... but you saved me waste my fingers on this... I could be eating... -eats a cookie- these... so nice job ^~^
Good. It needed to be said. Also, Cookies are more important.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
I'm gonna say Nero. I thought he was cool. Sure he was a bit mopey throughout DMC4, but now that he's no longer hiding his demonic nature to anyone and Kyrie is by his side again, I'd like to see his character go to new places. It would be really interesting to see. Also, even in DMC4, he could be a lot of fun like Dante and crack a joke. "Fire's bad for the complexion. I burn easy, but never tan!" I loved his taunts as well. "Shall we dance?"

DmC Dante on the other hand... I dunno. I didn't like him as much as I wanted too. Maybe in early 2013 I thought he was cool and "edgy" but now, I just don't see it. He doesn't demand the same screen presence as the older Dante, or even Nero. He's just sort of there. Although, I really did like his line after you beat Bob Barbas. "Hey Bob, breaking news: you're fired!" *gunshots*

Also, Nero was voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch of Trigun fame, making any flaws in his character irrelevant. :wink:

I'm gonna say Nero. I thought he was cool. Sure he was a bit mopey throughout DMC4, but now that he's no longer hiding his demonic nature to anyone and Kyrie is by his side again, I'd like to see his character go to new places. It would be really interesting to see. Also, even in DMC4, he could be a lot of fun like Dante and crack a joke. "Fire's bad for the complexion. I burn easy, but never tan!" I loved his taunts as well. "Shall we dance?"

DmC Dante on the other hand... I dunno. I didn't like him as much as I wanted too. Maybe in early 2013 I thought he was cool and "edgy" but now, I just don't see it. He doesn't demand the same screen presence as the older Dante, or even Nero. He's just sort of there. Although, I really did like his line after you beat Bob Barbas. "Hey Bob, breaking news: you're fired!" *gunshots*

Also, Nero was voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch of Trigun fame, making any flaws in his character irrelevant. :wink:
Let's not forget him as Ichigo:D

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
I like the abundance of "I like X, and hate Y, so X wins". That some great, irrefutable data, boys! Pack it up, there's nothing more to do :p
I'm not trying to assert my personal preference on anyone. I have no solid evidence to back up why exactly I like something better, I just do. I'm not saying Nero is definitely a better character than DmC Dante, I just like him better and I don't really want to analyze either of them in depth. I just wanted to give my two cents on each character. Cheers, mate!

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
You know guys, I don't even remember making this thread.
EDIT: Yeah, ZeroLove posted in this thread. Whose the necromancer!?
BUT NERO HAZ DEVIL BRINGER AND CAN SMASH DONTE CUZ DONTE SUCKS HE CAN'T FIGHT AND WIG SCENE
To be fair, Devil Bringer was the most OP thing in the original series, it was the only reason Nero could stand his own against a fully trained original Dante
(Not to mention, that final cutscene made me call bullshit on any and all trouble Nero was having taking anyone down in the game)

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I have no solid evidence to back up why exactly I like something better, I just do. I'm not saying Nero is definitely a better character than DmC Dante, I just like him better and I don't really want to analyze either of them in depth.
I'm glad someone got around to finally admitting this, instead of simply leaving it as "I'm right and you're wrong because sunshine comes out of my every orifice."
Pack it up, there's nothing more to do :p

Last edited:

The Final Offer

I remember when I said this, but I should update;

I say new Dante whole-heartedly. After playing DMC4 more, not only is Nero an annoying guy with his Kyrie shouta noises, but he's honestly a cliched anime angst protagonist from a shonen manga. This is just me, but I really prefer New Dante compared to Nero. A more fleshed out personality, a tougher protagonist, and honestly way more cooler.

I was never a fan of having to "Dress cool/look cool in order to be cool" like a lot of anime do. So I'm happy that new Dante is the type to dress like a normal average joe who just threw on something that's useful but still pretty rad to kick some ass.

Meanwhile Nero looks like he had to spend an hour just to get his hair groomed and just threw on some cosplay he found on line like a chuunibuyou. (middle school syndrome look it up)

Also, Nero's a bit of a whiner when it comes to Kyrie. I understand love and such and how it was his first, but...dude, go get your girl. Don't just sit on the ground, bang your fist, and cry about it. Or at the very least do it in a way that doesn't have you crying to yourself all the time. Once is fine, but more then that is just pathetic IMO.

EDIT: Also, New Dante didn't even shead a single tear. He showed emotions, but not enough to cry all the time. Even when he was seven, new Dante didn't cry when his mom died, he swore revenge AT. THE. AGE. OF. SEVEN. That's how raw new Dante is.

But again, this is why I prefer New Dante as the better lead. Tough, strong, edgy, and quick with the wit while still being real with his emotions.

Also N!Dante could solo Nero in a fight, no problem.

My man Dante was raised by a man so cold that when an angel stabbed him in the chest, he still was pimping enough to get them angelic digits. Until this day, Sparda is locked up somewhere with the ability to speak to his children and chooses not to because that's the COWARD'S WAY OUT.

DragonMaster2010

My man Dante was raised by a man so cold that when an angel stabbed him in the chest, he still was pimping enough to get them angelic digits. Until this day, Sparda is locked up somewhere with the ability to speak to his children and chooses not to because that's the COWARD'S WAY OUT.

New Dante so raw that he don't just throw his coat on! Naw, see my boy, new Dante, he FLEW into his coat! By a F*CKIN. FERRIS WHEEL! WHILE IT WAS ROLLING TOWARDS HIM!
image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom