• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Nero vs new Dante thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Me and my friend Discord (Say hi Discord)
57232%20-%20Discord%20Hubble%20official_content%20season_2.png

Have noticed alot of Nero vs New Dante talk.
So we have gathered some information and decided to give it to you to compare the two in this thread.

Nero
When you ask a lot of gamers descriptions of Nero, It's "whiny b*tch", and really I can't find a valid arguement, he kept shifting, from BAMF to B*tch, eventually you could not stand him until he destroyed the statue by crushing its head in the most bad ass thing since Mountain Dew, but in the end, Capcom ignored vital things like character development and eventually the character was left behind. However, if Capcom made another game in the original universe, they probably could fix Nero, give him an origin story, and make him a welcome character to the DMC universe.

New Dante

We don't really know enough about new Dante to judge him, but we do know from 90% of the trailers that he is, in fact, an asshole, (looks like they are preserving some traits that made us love old Dante), he's destructive, violent, and basically everything else your "rebellious" little brat of a teenage son is. however, this trait could be considered to be done on purpose for means of character development and character motive, as it is stated this trait came from growing up being tortured by the demons.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I know this happened a long time ago and new members wouldn't know, but versus threads were banned by Angelo Credo a while back.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Let's wait till tomorrow before we continue this. If there is a story video release of any kind that lights up the character more we'll be in a better possition for this discution.

In terms of apearence this Dante definitly has more in common with Nero than Dante. The side the hold the sword on, the gun designs, the hood, the lenght of the coat, and the color of the coat. But that's it so far.

mrrandomlulz

I know this happened a long time ago and new members wouldn't know, but versus threads were banned by Angelo Credo a while back.
This is a different kind of versus thread than the one he banned, the kind he banned is "Who would win in a fight"

This is basically just comparing the characters. Since they were both made for the purpose of bringing in new fans to the Devil May Cry series

Reactions: Meg

ThanatosPL

I like them both, they are very simlar to Dante from DMC3, hope capcom will not abandon Nero and original DMC universe.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well some of the things you accuse new dante of are things Dante was back in the old series.

DMC3 Dante was a brat who didn't know what to do with his life plus his defining trait was being an asshole which made you feel sorry for Enzo.

Plus he was known for being destructive as the reason why he never got paid was he kept destroying the environment around him in the anime.

mrrandomlulz

Well some of the things you accuse new dante of are things Dante was back in the old series.

DMC3 Dante was a brat who didn't know what to do with his life plus his defining trait was being an asshole which made you feel sorry for Enzo.

Plus he was known for being destructive as the reason why he never got paid was he kept destroying the environment around him in the anime.
Didn't I make a joke about that in the original post, where I said New Dante being an asshole was them preserving traits of original Dante

berto

I Saw the Devil
Nero was that bad, a f*!&#^% broken record. Oh, Kyrie this, oh, Kyrie that, not one cutscene without thinking of you!! F' that up the A'! Remove the broad and then he ain'ts so bad. I don't see what the appeal is, anyway, she is so flat... as a character...:devil:

berto

I Saw the Devil
And there's the stitch, she drags him down. Nero has got to be the only character in creation who's love interest makes him more shallow by having her as the love intrest. If she were a little more complicated it'd be a more reasonable obsession but as it stands she's a copy/paste character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom