• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Nero vs new Dante thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I found Nero more relatable than old dante and better lead than old Dante for an anime.
I couldn't relate with Nero at all, why spend all that time acting like you can't just kill everything in site, you have an arm that could freaking destroy a building if you wanted it to, I mean I would probably gone on the same quest as Nero if Applejack were in Kyrie's place, but I would just use the damn arm to pull her out of the false Savior when I had the chance. Then I would use the arm to punch Sanctus's skull in

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
He means as a character. A personality. His powers doesn't have to do with that.
His personallity wasn't very realistic either once you consider his powers, why spend all that time yelling Kyrie's name after he found Sanctus, anyone with common sense would've just used that arm to pound Sanctus's F***ing skull in and then save Kyrie.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
His personallity wasn't very realistic either once you consider his powers, why spend all that time yelling Kyrie's name after he found Sanctus, anyone with common sense would've just used that arm to pound Sanctus's F***ing skull in and then save Kyrie.

He was a teenager in love. That means that most of his actions are a result of impulse. Neither teenagers nor people in love act logically. There are exceptions, but these usually are people wise beyond their years, and people who have been in love a few times already and know how to control their powerful and impulsive feelings.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Not to mention he had JUST gotten that power. He can use it correctly when he's thinking straight. Kyrie getting yanked right out of his grasp was a situation in which he could NOT think straight.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Not to mention he had JUST gotten that power. He can use it correctly when he's thinking straight. Kyrie getting yanked right out of his grasp was a situation in which he could NOT think straight.

True, at the beginning of the game he hasn't got many moves with it, while in the end, he crushes the Savior's head with a huge version of the arm, easily. Ok the Savior was beaten up and all, but for me that move clearly surpasses his previous ones.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
True, at the beginning of the game he hasn't got many moves with it, while in the end, he crushes the Savior's head with a huge version of the arm, easily. Ok the Savior was beaten up and all, but for me that move clearly surpasses his previous ones.

Having become the False Savior or not, I'm fairly certain being made of millenia of demonic flesh and souls melded together still makes you frigging hard to break, let alone SHATTER.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

well i still dont know much abou new dante so its nero for me he is still a badass even more then dante......:D:D:D just kidding but his getting there....

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
You could say Nero is still a work in progress, and even in the future, I'm sure he'll be able to surpass Dante (if he really wanted to) and be the next future owner of DMC...lol...:blink:

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
its all about new dante nero is cool but not the same way Dante is

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Nero is like a younger teenage dante with a demon hand.(not quite the same personallity though)
Dante is.... well.... Dante. That is kinda already a winning statement....half demon/angel.....Dante.......

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
In regards to him not revealing his power you have to remember he was bought up by a society he believes hates demons. That's fair enough but obviously he would have been worried that if he revealed his power he would be shunned as an outcast, something that probably would greatly effect an orphan.

I liked Nero a lot, he longed for acceptance which is something we can all relate too and he fought for what he loved. Some people complain about his "whinging" but hey he was a teenager and isn't that the point of the series? "even a devil may cry if he loses a loved one"

EDIT: also with the Super Savior Face Palm at the end I like to think of it as Nero had finally accepted his powers. Remember in DMC3 Dante was no match for Vergil at first, you could say him unlocking his DT was what made him stronger but it was still fairly equal in their second fight. It was only at the very end of the game when he was thinking straight and had truly excepted himself he was able to beat Vergil.

The same could be said for Nero, at the end of the game he accepted his origins and realized that he can still be a human and gain strength from those he loves while embracing his demon roots.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Guys, please keep the peace here, if you don't, we all know what happens *runs thumb along throat*
Byebye thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom