• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The might of Nero (the goldfish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Black Angel;116237 said:
^I don't think that Dante "defines" what devil may cry is.

He made the games what they were. So define what makes dmc to you.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^O.K. give me a sec.

Devil may cry has always been in the fist game, a masterfully atmospheric, dark game. A game that pits you against the many minions of hell. It was fun to play, the levels where expertly done, and again the feel of the game was perfect.

The character I was controlling made no difference to me. I just used Sparda as soon as I got the chance. For me it is that Dark feel that has been DMC, not any single character.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Black Angel;116235 said:
^What he said.
She :p
Dante has defined DMC up to now. But he's the same character being recycled over and over; and becoming more arrogant. I love Dante; but part of DMC is Sparda aswel and carrying on his legacy; which Nero may do; especially seeing as we don't know his relation to Sparda yet. He's a whole new story.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Black Angel;116239 said:
^O.K. give me a sec.

Ha, why? So you can spend ages to outdo me? Come on, give me a break. You aren't too optimistic when it comes to Dante, are you NerosDevil?

He's a new story, but that doesn't make Dante old news. Capcom are still going to work on him, they can make him better. If Vergil does return, then I don't see why Nero was needed.

Story makes the game, not the game itself. Story is the main basis for everything. I don't watch a film because I know it is going to have awesome special effects, or amazing acting. I watch it because of the story, and the characters that are involved in that story.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I am optimistic; however he's getting old, we know relatively most information revolving around Dante. Unless you want DMC9 with the same old Dante again; which makes the series dry up like a prune, and wrecked many series.
We don't know who Nero is, and what everyone wants is 'who' he is, he's a walking question mark that can prolong the series more; and help Dante be more dimensional than he is.
It's not Vergil if he suddenly decided to work with Dante in his office and kissing his backside; Capcom will never do that. He's an antagonist.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
LordOfDarkness;116241 said:
Ha, why? So you can spend ages to outdo me? Come on, give me a break. You aren't too optimistic when it comes to Dante, are you NerosDevil?

He's a new story, but that doesn't make Dante old news. Capcom are still going to work on him, they can make him better. If Vergil does return, then I don't see why Nero was needed.

Story makes the game, not the game itself. Story is the main basis for everything. I don't watch a film because I know it is going to have awesome special effects, or amazing acting. I watch it because of the story, and the characters that are involved in that story.

No one plays Devil may cry for the story, it was played for the combat system and the atmosphere. DMC 1 barely had a story.

Just me vrs the lord of hell. It was simple.

The characters just get overhyped until fanboys(not you LOD)are willing to kill and be killed in the forums for them.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
NerosDevil;116243 said:
I am optimistic; however he's getting old, we know relatively most information revolving around Dante. Unless you want DMC9 with the same old Dante again; which makes the series dry up like a prune, and wrecked many series.
We don't know who Nero is, and what everyone wants is 'who' he is, he's a walking question mark that can prolong the series more; and help Dante be more dimensional than he is.
It's not Vergil if he suddenly decided to work with Dante in his office and kissing his backside; Capcom will never do that. He's an antagonist.

Yes. But in time Nero too will get old, rendering his entrance pointless. He may add to the games, but he is only adding his own story. I don't see how he is of any use. Dmc will end, as does everything. To me, they could've just brought Vergil back, made a few more games and wrapped it up nicely before everybody got bored of Dante "Which I don't see what is so dull about him now". Nero is just dragging the series along slowly.

Everything has a story. Games .etc. If you play something just because you like the look of it, but know nothing about the actual story behind it, then for me that is pointless.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Look at the first game, it had little story and was just a great game.

You can sum up the original story in just 3 sentences. It still is shallow.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Black Angel;116248 said:
^Look at the first game, it had little story and was just a great game.

You can sum up the original story in just 3 sentences. It still is shallow.

I'll try to sum up devil may cry's story in more than 3 sentences.

Devil May Cry 1 starts with a demon slayer named Dante. This is set 20 years after his mother's "death" at the hands of Mundus.

Now, Trish "A demon created by Mundus, to lure Dante to mallet Island" has come knocking on Dante's door.

Dante then shows how powerful he is, because he is the son of the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda. I could go on explaining the story, but as you can already tell... I did more than 3 sentences, so I don't see your point. Dmc has a story, but that story isn't that huge. Even so, it isn't a tiny storyline. Just because you spend most of the time firing and slicing away at demons, that doesn't mean there is less of a story because of this.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
LordOfDarkness;116246 said:
Yes. But in time Nero too will get old, rendering his entrance pointless. He may add to the games, but he is only adding his own story. I don't see how he is of any use. Dmc will end, as does everything. To me, they could've just brought Vergil back, made a few more games and wrapped it up nicely before everybody got bored of Dante "Which I don't see what is so dull about him now". Nero is just dragging the series along slowly.

Everything has a story. Games .etc. If you play something just because you like the look of it, but know nothing about the actual story behind it, then for me that is pointless.

Then that mean’s everyone’s admission was worthless, entering to become old and expire. Not to mention that demons usually subsist longer than humans. Not everyone likes Vergil though; same with Nero. But Nero’s individuality makes it more feasible to give Dante basis to work on and progress many missions around. Vergil is only back due to fanbased income and nothing more; otherwise he could have been wrapped up refined and unspoiled. DMC is mainly constructed due to gameplay; which is the major factor in complex movesets and chain-combos with redefined a genre. The story is quite half-asked and full of plotholes, but I myself only loved DMC for the story.
Nero is fresh, youthful and correlated to Dante somehow, I don’t want DMC getting stale and would rather incorporate an additional character to prolong it. How do you think Resident Evil has survived for so long? I don't want anymore new characters apart from Nero, but he's a good start.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Black Angel;116252 said:
^Yes it does. The story has always been backseat to game play and atmosphere.

I completely disagree. The game is popular for both its story and its gameplay. The two are of equal level.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
NerosDevil;116253 said:
Then that mean’s everyone’s admission was worthless, entering to become old and expire. Not to mention that demons usually subsist longer than humans. Not everyone likes Vergil though; same with Nero. But Nero’s individuality makes it more feasible to give Dante basis to work on and progress many missions around. Vergil is only back due to fanbased income and nothing more; otherwise he could have been wrapped up refined and unspoiled. DMC is mainly constructed due to gameplay; which is the major factor in complex movesets and chain-combos with redefined a genre. The story is quite half-asked and full of plotholes, but I myself only loved DMC for the story.
Nero is fresh, youthful and correlated to Dante somehow, I don’t want DMC getting stale and would rather incorporate an additional character to prolong it.

All good points,+rep.

And all stuff I have been trying to say. Gameplay and athmoshere, and now the athmoshere is dead(in DMC 4)

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
LordOfDarkness;116254 said:
I completely disagree. The game is popular for both its story and its gameplay. The two are of equal level.

No they aren't the story is badly done in all aspects.:dry:

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I loved the atmosphere in DMC4. It was totally ambidiant; while retaining the usual gothic architecture and areas such as the castle. It felt quite odd. I only EVER play DMC for the story; it's simple but it had something unique about it. It's my favourite series of all time; but the story is a little wobbly in areas.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
NerosDevil;116253 said:
Nero is fresh, youthful and correlated to Dante somehow, I don’t want DMC getting stale and would rather incorporate an additional character to prolong it. How do you think Resident Evil has survived for so long? I don't want anymore new characters apart from Nero, but he's a good start.

The whole thing wasn't pointless to begin with. It was original. Nero isn't exactly an original character... His gameplay and story is, but deep down he seems just like Dante. You don't want any new characters other than Nero? What about new enemies? I guess you don't want that then :p

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
LordOfDarkness;116260 said:
The whole thing wasn't pointless to begin with. It was original. Nero isn't exactly an original character... His gameplay and story is, but deep down he seems just like Dante. You don't want any new characters other than Nero? What about new enemies? I guess you don't want that then :p

Dante wasn't the lest bit original when he started either.

Vergil was even more of a cliche.

I'm not saying that Nero isn't just as poorly done, but calling him out on that is pointless cause no one in DMC is original.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Black Angel;116261 said:
Dante wasn't the lest bit original when he started either.

Vergil was even more of a cliche.

I'm not saying that Nero isn't just as poorly done, but calling him out on that is pointless cause no one in DMC is original.

Dmc was original. It's own story makes it original.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
LordOfDarkness;116260 said:

Vergil isn't precisely original himself. A revengeful, livid teen who wants decisive power to fill the void upon which his mother died; and will obliterate to get his aspiration. It's quite cliché. Nero is a mixture between them both, correlating and picking aspects. Don’t get me wrong, DMC is my favorite story of all time; it’s got something distinctive I cannot put my finger on, not the usual. It retains a fair amount of depth, but lacks when plotholes arise. I’m not into Metal Gear Solid; but that’s a true basis of a story covering all points. I don't play DMC for gameplay; but it's mainly what many customers are attracted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom