• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Last of Us may be getting remade!

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Sony updated its sales figures for its 1st party titles for March 2021/Q1 sales.... except for TLOU2, which hasn't moved an inch past the 4 million they bragged about.

n0PEkjXM-slKd2BxF-nTnnxVqKxrMX0HIJUAxeY6gTk.jpg

Gasoline Tank

I'm thinking of playing The Last of Us again soon.

They're gearing up to shoot the TV series in a jiffy, so if that does well, I think they will formally announce the remake soon thereafter.

ESPOMAN

This game seems too new for a remake. I am kind of getting sick of game remakes if I am being honest. At least some change the gameplay a decent amount so it is a different experience. But IMO if they are changing the gameplay a significant amount they might as well make a new game then and just do a remaster of the old game.

berto

I Saw the Devil
When will companies learn that banking off of nostalgia doesn't always work!?
Nostalgia? But, it's barely 8 years old. You have to be at least 12 to even qualify. Nostalgia bait is when they try to give you something from your youth again. No one who played TLoU has aged enough for it to qualify. If you were 15 when it came out you're 23 now. Not really that big a leap in age, certainly not enough to be 'nostalgic.'

Last edited:

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Nostalgia? But, it's barely 8 years old. You have to be at least 12 to even qualify. Nostalgia bait is when they try to give you something from your youth again. No one who played TLoU has aged enough for it to qualify. If you were 15 when it came out you're 23 now. Not really that big a leap in age, certainly not enough to be 'nostalgic.'
Exactly, looking back on my sophomore when I played it doesn't exactly fill me with the same warm fuzzzies as recalling the summers nights I spent playing Zelda when I was really young. Haha.

DarkSlayerVergil

Add on top of the fact that Neil"subverting expectation"Drunkman is going to absolutely character assassinate the crap out of any remaining character Joel had in the first is also another reason to not be excited for this train wreck of a remake.

Gasoline Tank

Yeah. You know how it is with companies these days. Especially blooming Capcom. I would hate to think Naughty Dog would go that route as well. But hey. Money talks.

Now we're to the stage where we don't even get to see the guy we are playing as, in full. Like, it's dumb. And Capcom had us playing this dude fighting vampires and a giant robot man. Like... WHAT!?

It's about as silly as Mr. Slobber selling you guns in Romania, and even the merchant in RE4 was an odd addition to the franchise. :D

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Add on top of the fact that Neil"subverting expectation"Drunkman is going to absolutely character assassinate the crap out of any remaining character Joel had in the first is also another reason to not be excited for this train wreck of a remake.
But you see, it makes sense, because uhhhhhhhhh *checks Troy Baker's notes* Joel and David are "mirror images of each other" a.k.a. the same, and David did nothing wrong. David did nothing wrong because he's just trying to "protect those closest to him and take care of Ellie", but also Joel is a very selfish man who deserves to pay for his crimes and who doomed humanity. Ignore the part where Troy says they're the same.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So, that’s one of the directions of 1 and the sole director of 2, from what I’ve found. Where’s the other guy? I read up a little on this guy on Wikipedia and under the views tab and he doesn’t inspire much confidence in me. It actually left me wondering if this this is one of those situations where they’re doing it update the product for more modern sensibilities.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
@berto Bruce Straley left on a permanent Sabbatical after the development for Uncharted 4 finished, and U4 was notorious for having such a terrible development process from start to finish that over 70% of the development team left, including some OG voice actors of the series citing the "weird changes" being done to the script.

Amy Hennig and Justin Richmond were the creative director and game director for Uncharted 4. They worked on the game for 2+ years, then development froze, Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley replaced the original duo, Amy left Naughty Dog entirely, and about "8 months of script" was tossed out. There was a total reboot of the game that changed characters, flashbacks, tone, the antagonist(s), even the gender of Nathan's kid at the end. From start to finish, a ground-up rework in the 2 years left before release. Those developers got crunched to Hell and back, and Bruce left because of what I assume was terrible management and crunch.

Anyway Bruce was the guy who effectively kept the plot to The Last Of Us sensible and told Druckmann "No" whenever his ideas got stupid, including the concept of "someone making a cross-country trip to get revenge on Joel when everyone is trying to survive a zombie apocalypse", but he didn't come back for the second game. Neil scrapped the dumb idea when Straley vetoed it for the first game, but it happens in the second one anyway.

So it's less "modern sensibilities" and more "Neil on an unchecked power trip to make the story he's always wanted to make even if it sucks."

Gasoline Tank

So, I haven't heard zip about the multiplayer mode yet.

I would love for the whole game to have co-op whenever a supporting character helps you.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Every party needs a pooper, that's why they invited me...

So as I always say: STOP, REMAKING, MODERN, GAMES. :rolleyes:

Gasoline Tank

Yeah. It's pointless to remake this game, giving the popularity and the fact that changing this, that and the third is going to anger loyal fans.

You just cannot capture lightning in a bottle twice.

The thing that annoys me too, is Capcom milking Resident Evil, and having dumb storylines in the series. By now, it doesn't even feel right.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Glad to see its likely coming to PC too as I didnt manage to finish it when I owned my PS4.

Top Bottom