• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Hells vs. The Stygians

Who's the Victor?

• The Hells

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • The Stygians

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Hah! Jokes on you its the same woman in both pictures....one just doesn't show her face.

Why do you like the sig?

Is it the woman or the humor of it all coupled with the last image?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Just so im clear as this thread says "hells" are we just including the dmc3 roster of enemies against the reboot enemies or are we going with all of the dmc series enemies 1 throough 4 against the reboot just so im clear

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The same applied to DmC.

Plus as for the Dreamrunner....I have one answer for him. Mother F*cking Fallen.

How? Those things can phase through walls right? Well they gotta come out at some point. Not only that, but those fallen can only float in the air rather slowly. Meanwhile a dream runner can teleport through their portals and just appear behind the fallen and take them out like that.

Also on the topic of Stygians won't the Frost Knights be impervious to the Hells since they don't possess angelic weaponry. The only demon that can do damage probably are the Fallen since they're borderline fallen angels and not fully demonic yet especially with their more angelic like attacks compared to other demons in the DMC series.

the fallen are fully demon but just look like angels. They fell from grace of angels, and are now demons, so they won't be able to do a thing.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Just so im clear as this thread says "hells" are we just including the dmc3 roster of enemies against the reboot enemies or are we going with all of the dmc series enemies 1 throough 4 against the reboot just so im clear
I was under the impression that it was just the hells agains the stygians, the grunts of each game, not the entire roster of enemies from each.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
where is it stated or shown there all stupid ?

Not to start somethin', but the Hells were pretty damn retarded >.<

In my playthroughs, Hells seem to love getting up in my face, and in that video, they were actively jumping into the attack.

Stygians, on the other hand, would actively flank and consistently stay just out of Rebellion's reach. They also did like to take advantage of attacking while you're in the middle of a combo - but, it usually happened from the flank because of how they position themselves :p

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Stygians, on the other hand, would actively flank and consistently stay just out of Rebellion's reach. They also did like to take advantage of attacking while you're in the middle of a combo - but, it usually happened from the flank because of how they position themselves
omg. thank you. this. o.o

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Not to start somethin', but the Hells were pretty damn retarded >.<

In my playthroughs, Hells seem to love getting up in my face, and in that video, they were actively jumping into the attack.

Stygians, on the other hand, would actively flank and consistently stay just out of Rebellion's reach. They also did like to take advantage of attacking while you're in the middle of a combo - but, it usually happened from the flank because of how they position themselves :p

that shows some hells to be stupid i asked where it wad shown that they all were so your video doesnt prove anything other than the lower level ones are stupid

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
*shrug* I figured that's what we were talkin' about, really, since stygians aren't the be all end all of DmC's forces - they're just the mooks, so I thought we were comparin' dem mooks.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
*shrug* I figured that's what we were talkin' about, really, since stygians aren't the be all end all of DmC's forces - they're just the mooks, so I thought we were comparin' dem mooks.
regular stygians are better than regular hells i agree with you i am just saying that not all of dmc3 enemies are morons but some definately are

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
regular stygians are better than regular hells i agree with you i am just saying that not all of dmc3 enemies are morons but some definately are

Agreed i dont know what you call the assaults after those plant things mix with them but those are the most annoying enemies for me in dmc4 because unlike the scarecrows they wont just waddle aroudn they chase you down in packs and the mega scarecrows are soooooooooooooo frustrating in packs of three cuz you have to attack all three to prevent them from using there projectiles

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Agreed i dont know what you call the assaults after those plant things mix with them but those are the most annoying enemies for me in dmc4 because unlike the scarecrows they wont just waddle aroudn they chase you down in packs and the mega scarecrows are soooooooooooooo frustrating in packs of three cuz you have to attack all three to prevent them from using there projectiles

royalguard makes childsplay of 3 mega scarecrows

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Which is why dante will win in most fights if you count him using all his styles swordmaster for offense royal guard for defense gunslinger for long range and Trickster for evasion and darkslayer just to be a douche lol

royal release has huge offensive damage too

berto

I Saw the Devil
i forgot one point. hells will attack even if they are off screen but the stygians are a bunch of premadonnas who won't do anything untill the camera is on them.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
that's a fact especially if you attack with the blocks i love doing that to a blitz with rebellion or gilgamesh to drop the shield

Ill be learning royal guard for dmc3 seeing as i have to level it up ill be mging you for tips namely timing and how to attack with it

Top Bottom