• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Hells vs. The Stygians

Who's the Victor?

• The Hells

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • The Stygians

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Railazel

I always thought it would be nice to see what species of demons would come out on top between two different games, so here's my first shot at a match- up.

First, I would like to note that the The Hells include The Seven Hells, Abyss, and Hell Vanguard .The Stygians include... ummm... The Stygians, Bathos and Pathos, Harpy, Tyrant, The Knights, and Ravager.

So who do you think would win? It's best to keep in mind each individual drones' skill.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Hells for sure on dmd there way more aggressive and do massive damage they would destroy the stygians nd ravagers bathos harpies rages etc

berto

I Saw the Devil
playing both right no i can say the hells take the crown. they move faster, attack more frequently, jump, and have more variety, some even explode.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Gotta give it to the hells. The stygians are weak as sh*t in a fight with other demons. They can only do one attack and actually give you a signal as to when they attack you. The chainsaw ones would be more dangerous for them actually to these hells. Not only that, but there's also the tanks and the butchers to worry about. Of course the hells have the bombs and the flying red bats...which could easily get killed by the witches.

Speaking of witches, does no one consider the blude demon shields? What hell demon's gonna be able to kill them? How would the hells get to the witch if they can't even get through the shield orb?

Oh, and I'm guessing everyone's choosing to forget about these guys, are they?
Dreamrunner_DmC.png

Drekavac_DmC.jpg

Yeah, remember these little bastards? They count too.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
if you include the dreamrunner and witch you have to include the fallen the arachne the enigma the abyss the dullahan the soul eater and the damned knights pawns bishops rooks king queen and chessmen

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Gotta give it to the hells. The stygians are weak as sh*t in a fight with other demons. They can only do one attack and actually give you a signal as to when they attack you. The chainsaw ones would be more dangerous for them actually to these hells. Not only that, but there's also the tanks and the butchers to worry about. Of course the hells have the bombs and the flying red bats...which could easily get killed by the witches.

Speaking of witches, does no one consider the blude demon shields? What hell demon's gonna be able to kill them? How would the hells get to the witch if they can't even get through the shield orb?

Oh, and I'm guessing everyone's choosing to forget about these guys, are they?
Dreamrunner_DmC.png

Drekavac_DmC.jpg

Yeah, remember these little bastards? They count too.

the witches only need to have there projectiles deflected back by one of the hells or an abyss or whatever

DragonMaster2010

the witches only need to have there projectiles deflected back by one of the hells or an abyss or whatever

And you think they're smart enough consider that? It takes more then one projectile to break their shield.

And regarding the other demons of DMC3, I still think a Drekavac and Dreamrunner can handle themselves against those odds.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Oh God, not one of these threads again.

Hells win. The End.

I'm just saying this to prevent a flame war, I don't really believe it.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
And you think they're smart enough consider that? It takes more then one projectile to break their shield.

And regarding the other demons of DMC3, I still think a Drekavac and Dreamrunner can handle themselves against those odds.

where is it stated or shown there all stupid ? a vanguard isn‘t an abyss isnt it‘s a general runt who is and a witch isnt a regular enemy in the reboot so it‘s only fair that she fights a more elite hell like a vanguard

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Oh God. Stop it, the both of you. ef9, you're always laid back, aren't you? Why not get a drink? I just finished eating pizza, so I'm good.

DM, this is ef9 we're talking about here. I don't think he really considers the hells all that important... or smart.

Just smart enough.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
ha ha i am not engaging in an argument just responding ut just for you unkown i will get a drink and drangonmaster i am not looking to argue i was just replying to your message :)

DragonMaster2010

Wow...new design for the site. Looks way badass.

where is it stated or shown there all stupid ? a vanguard isn‘t an abyss isnt it‘s a general runt who is and a witch isnt a regular enemy in the reboot so it‘s only fair that she fights a more elite hell like a vanguard

But even so, how is it going to break through the shield? Yeah the Vangard has more attacks, but when it comes down to it, it's just a mindless demon who has instincts not intelligence.

And alas, what about the Drekavacs? Who's gonna fight them?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
All this fighting is pointless when everyone clearly knows that Shadows and Blitz (as well as Nobodies and Bianco Angelos definitely the Angelos since they were designed as anti-demon combat organisms) rapes all other enemies in the Devil May Cry franchise.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i would have mentioned those but the op only mentioned the hells from dmc3 blitz would take the dreamrunners and the angelos especially the alto angelos would take the witches and the shadows or abyss would wreck the elite stygians

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Also since when did this thread turn into a DMC3 mooks vs DmC mooks. They're both mooks.

Plus certain enemies in both games are designed to be rather defeated by methods only the player or main character(s) possesses.

Take the Bloodgoyles. They can only be harmed by guns/ranged speciak attacks and if harmed by another other method they'll keep multiplying and multiplying and no enemy in DmC possesses projectile based abilities....perhaps the Cherubs but due to how they fire in lengthy intervals they won't turn the Bloodgoyles into stone so even if paired up with enemies like the Dreamrunner or Witch all they'll be doing is creating more and more of those suckers creating a never ending fight.

The same applied to DmC.

Plus as for the Dreamrunner....I have one answer for him. Mother F*cking Fallen.

Also on the topic of Stygians won't the Frost Knights be impervious to the Hells since they don't possess angelic weaponry. The only demon that can do damage probably are the Fallen since they're borderline fallen angels and not fully demonic yet especially with their more angelic like attacks compared to other demons in the DMC series.

Top Bottom