• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The DMC1 Novel vs DMC3

Rilgar

I fought the war but the war won't staaaahhhppp...
Damn! They be right youngin's then. I'd agree with that age though; the book's illustrations denote such youthfulness.

Rilgar

With the tiiiiiinnnnny exception; Gilver is killed by Dante in the novel
Yup yup.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
With the tiiiiiinnnnny exception; Gilver is killed by Dante in the novel
Yup yup.

We don't know for sure he died, though. The novel just said he vanished which could mean 1) he died or 2) he did his teleporty thing. ^^

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Well dante in DMC 3 did say "its been a long time since we last met RIGHT VERGIL?"

so that could mean that all the evens in novel did take place before DMC 3.. Vergil wearing bandages,working with dante & stuff

Except Dante is wearing his DMC1 outfit

tumblr_mhm5wc7PVx1s2cgmoo1_500.jpg

Also did Dante really kill Vergil?

Rilgar

We don't know for sure he died, though. The novel just said he vanished which could mean 1) he died or 2) he did his teleporty thing. ^^

Curiouser and curiouser, I guess we'll never know...

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Or we discount the art since that was based on the design at the time, and accept that Dante's outfit as Tony, even as referenced IN the novel, is constantly changing. His outfit is never outright described in detail, only that he's wearing a red long coat, and at one time, since it was an important detail, wearing a black one in temp placement of his trademark red that looked very out of place on him. In fact, the novel never says or describes his sword as Force Edge, so it could just be referenced by mental image to infact be Rebellion. Clever of the writer to do that, even if it wasn't a point at the time.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
About the sword, here's what it says

Pg 161

After his mother's death, Tony had become obsessed with an old sword left behind by his father.
His younger self had deliriously clutched the weapon out of fear and loneliness.And eventually the
sword had spoken to him.

"And so I hid my name and lived as Tony Redgrave up until now," Tony said aloud.
"I deceived them, so that I could gain the power to fight them as equals."
Had the sword really talked to him? Was it a supernatural ploy by the servants of the demon king?
Had they toyed with him as a child, until he was ready to play their games?

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Continued

Pg 166

He pulled the massive sword from its scabbard on his back.Something in the darkness made
the weapon look even larger than it was. The skull design on his hilt seemed to glow ominously.

"This sword was caged, along with my real name" Dante thought back to his father's weapon,
calling out it him as a child. The pieces snapped into place. "But now he'll be released."

The sword bellowed and groaned, enlarging until it was half the size of Dante himself.
The double-edged blade looked capable of cleaving a cow in two, but weighed next to nothing.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Continued

Pg 166

He pulled the massive sword from its scabbard on his back.Something in the darkness made
the weapon look even larger than it was. The skull design on his hilt seemed to glow ominously.

"This sword was caged, along with my real name" Dante thought back to his father's weapon,
calling out it him as a child. The pieces snapped into place. "But now he'll be released."

The sword bellowed and groaned, enlarging until it was half the size of Dante himself.
The double-edged blade looked capable of cleaving a cow in two, but weighed next to nothing.

Yup its Rebellion?

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Gilver

Dante slid toward Gilver with great effort. But the demon's body began dissipating
into the chill of the cellar. The bar seemed to transform along with it, slowly and almost
imperceptibly slipping free from the demon world's grip, returning to its normal state.

"Wait! Gilver! Who are you?" Gilver's face remained twisted by hatred even as it evaporated, molecule by molecule.
"Gilver!" he cried deserately.
Sunlight filtered through the holes punched in the wall by Dante's bullets, driving away the last atoms of Gilver's body.
The only thing that remained was his elegant sword.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Gilver

Dante slid toward Gilver with great effort. But the demon's body began dissipating
into the chill of the cellar. The bar seemed to transform along with it, slowly and almost
imperceptibly slipping free from the demon world's grip, returning to its normal state.

"Wait! Gilver! Who are you?" Gilver's face remained twisted by hatred even as it evaporated, molecule by molecule.
"Gilver!" he cried deserately.
Sunlight filtered through the holes punched in the wall by Dante's bullets, driving away the last atoms of Gilver's body.
The only thing that remained was his elegant sword.

Wait whose sword? Gilver? Dante's?

Top Bottom