• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The DMC1 Novel vs DMC3

IncarnatedDemon

Still, by what you said. Who cares if he is one of NT's pillars?

I'm gonna have to disagree about NT Dante crashing downwards... There are already a few people here who took a liking for him... I'm not the only one here who does so. Don't pick a fight.

But he does deserve it. NT is just a small dev team too... He's the reason why NT got a bad rep!
He's also reason NT was created.

And he is one of the most important players of creating NTDante.
Sorry though, but if NTDante continues to exist, it will only be bad for original one.

You may not like what i say, and thats fine by me. But remember that, this is what happens when you reboot characters, especially considering the circumstances.

Anyway, if you like NTDante, then what do you think of the idea fo rebooting him into a new character i.e change his name and the names of his arsenal. Possibly giving him unique sword.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
He's also reason NT was created.

And he is one of the most important players of creating NTDante.
Sorry though, but if NTDante continues to exist, it will only be bad for original one.

You may not like what i say, and thats fine by me. But remember that, this is what happens when you reboot characters, especially considering the circumstances.

Anyway, if you like NTDante, then what do you think of the idea fo rebooting him into a new character i.e change his name and the names of his arsenal. Possibly giving him unique sword.

Just vent it all on Tameem, even if he is one of the people that found it. He's the scapegoat of all the blame from what I've heard. Just glad NT Dante acted more like DMC1 Dante.

As long as there are fans of NT Dante, he will continue to exist. And some of these fans happened to be DMC Dante fans as well. So it's not that bad at all... Take a good look at my avatar on what kind of fan I am (hint: take LysseC for instance).

Rebooting a reboot? I can say only one thing: REBOOTCEPTION!
It will be a bit hard giving the rebooted reboot character a new name for himself and his arsenal. Aquila stays though.

Seems NT wanted to make it like the original! I knew there are fans among them!

On a side note:
I'm coming up of a different take of original DMC Dante, hence doing a different take of DMC as a whole (Reboot, but somewhat close to the original; however, this is my own take of it). If you are interested, we could continue this via PM. I can let the others (like LysseC and Loopy) join in too. Maybe learning from Tameem and his actions, beliefs and behavior could make me prove that not all reboots are bad... Just gonna write everything in that PM conversation first. Then, you and the rest will discuss this and tell me what you guys think.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
You may want to argue with those people Unknown and I were talking about... I agree; purist is such an ugly word to describe them. Those were not my wordings; it's just what I think those people have claimed. They think any DMC story Kamiya made is the true DMC canon up until DMC2, since he assisted Goikeda on making the two volume light novels. For them, they hate DMC3, the DMC3 Manga, the anime, and even DMC4 with a passion as it is not canon.

Even LysseC, Loopy, and other fellow DmC fans know this well. I'm cool with NT as a whole (I have not played both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, but the only way I can judge them is to actually play them myself), but I am not cool with Tameem (although he was kinda honest). LysseC and I discussed in her profile comment on me that, both DMC and DmC fans, even Tameem himself, may have made some honest and legit claims, but the problem with that is the way they say it (like with arrogance as you said in Tameem's case).

Well, looks like Capcom had no other choice after all. The DMC1 fans still can't handle that.
At least DMC3 had the most enjoyable gameplay, followed by DMC1 and (by some extents) DmC. DMC4 is pretty much DMC3...

EDIT: Glad I let you know.

I highly dislike the lame ass shonen route that they went with when it comes to dmc3 and 4.

MigsRZXAStylish

I highly dislike the lame ass shonen route that they went with when it comes to dmc3 and 4.
I take it you are a DMC1 purist I mentioned. We can discuss this on PM on why you loathe DMC3 and DMC4 so much or I can make a thread about it because you may not be the only one around here.

MigsRZXAStylish

You and me both.
I have to agree with what you guys have to say. Although the only thing I liked the most about DMC3 is its challenging gameplay and Dante's over-the-top moves in cutscenes (pre-Mission 1, beginning of Mission 2, pre-Mission 8, and at the end of Mission 14 are what I considered over-the-top), the story reminded me too much of Inuyasha. Dante, despite being the most badass here, became pretty much an Inuyasha expy. Vergil is a Sesshomaru expy, Lady is like Kagome who couldn't get along with Inuyasha back then, and Arkham is like Naraku.

I'd say DMC1 and, out of irony because this is still the worst DMC game, DMC2 had their own original vibes. Refer to my DMC1 thread "I Wanna Know Something". DarkSlayerZero gave his insights there and he makes good points about DMC1 and DMC3's and DMC4's anime bishounen direction.

Just leavin this
That's the answer. But that important memory could be of his childhood with Vergil. Why couldn't Kamiya-san expand it further?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I have to agree with what you guys have to say. Although the only thing I liked the most about DMC3 is its challenging gameplay and Dante's over-the-top moves in cutscenes (pre-Mission 1, beginning of Mission 2, pre-Mission 8, and at the end of Mission 14 are what I considered over-the-top), the story reminded me too much of Inuyasha. Dante, despite being the most badass here, became pretty much an Inuyasha expy. Vergil is a Sesshomaru expy, Lady is like Kagome who couldn't get along with Inuyasha back then, and Arkham is like Naraku.

I'd say DMC1 and, out of irony because this is still the worst DMC game, DMC2 had their own original vibes. Refer to my DMC1 thread "I Wanna Know Something". DarkSlayerZero gave his insights there and he makes good points about DMC1 and DMC3's and DMC4's anime bishounen direction.

That's the answer. But that important memory could be of his childhood with Vergil. Why couldn't Kamiya-san expand it further?

I can understand the Dante/Inuyasha and the Sesshomaru/Vergil comparison but I lol'd when you compared Naraku to Arkham and Kagome to Lady.

First off Naraku is far more cooler and immortal....or can reincarnate every time you kill him. Arkham is mainly creepy and deceptive and gets a bullet in the head...want to know what happens to him........dead. Naraku has legions of followers while Arkham has a book. Naraka has long flowing hair. Arkham is bald. Other than being main villains.....nothing alike.

Furthermore, Devil May Cry was never original.

images
921822.jpg

Soul Edge....Force Edge?

Plus Kamiya admitted taking influence from the comic Blade and the manga Cobra when making Dante (From Cobra, Dante got some of his character and personality and from Blade the whole half human half demon/vampire..technically the same thing..who slays other demons/vampires while wearing a long coat and looking dark and badass about

Plus your incorrectly using the term "bishonen".

Bishonen, in Japan, refers to pretty looking young men or teenage boys and is only used to refer to boys under 18 (its why all bishonen classed anime are usually about really young boys or teenagers). In America, we incorrectly use it to describe any feminine or pretty looking males because we're uncultured twits.

Since Dante and Vergil are 19 (above 18) they're not bishonen. The proper term is "bishidan" (handsome men).

MigsRZXAStylish

I can understand the Dante/Inuyasha and the Sesshomaru/Vergil comparison but I lol'd when you compared Naraku to Arkham and Kagome to Lady.

First off Naraku is far more cooler and immortal....or can reincarnate every time you kill him. Arkham is mainly creepy and deceptive and gets a bullet in the head...want to know what happens to him........dead. Naraku has legions of followers while Arkham has a book. Naraka has long flowing hair. Arkham is bald. Other than being main villains.....nothing alike.

Furthermore, Devil May Cry was never original.

images
921822.jpg

Soul Edge....Force Edge?

Plus Kamiya admitted taking influence from the comic Blade and the manga Cobra when making Dante (From Cobra, Dante got some of his character and personality and from Blade the whole half human half demon/vampire..technically the same thing..who slays other demons/vampires while wearing a long coat and looking dark and badass about

Plus your incorrectly using the term "bishonen".

Bishonen, in Japan, refers to pretty looking young men or teenage boys and is only used to refer to boys under 18 (its why all bishonen classed anime are usually about really young boys or teenagers). In America, we incorrectly use it to describe any feminine or pretty looking males because we're uncultured twits.

Since Dante and Vergil are 19 (above 18) they're not bishonen. The proper term is "bishidan" (handsome men).
Thank you for your clarification. What I'm getting at is that Lady in the beginning when she and Dante first met was like Kagome to Inuyasha in their first meeting (altough Inu was confused at first and mistook her as Kikyo; to add this, Kagome is Kikyo's modern reincarnation, just like Trish is Eva's clone made by Mundus).

I guess your right that Arkham and Naraku are nothing alike... But I sensed sinister auras in them. I guess I got too exaggerated! >.<

I guess the DMC series is quite unoriginal; even DMC1 is a scrapped RE4 idea too... >.<
I kinda noticed the similarities between Force Edge/Sword of Sparda and Soul Edge. Sword of Sparda looks very similar to Force Edge in a sense, not to mention the name Soul Edge has been inspired to name the weak-formed sword Force Edge.

Guess Dante came inspired from movies and comic books like the ones you said, and some anime too. >.<

So that is the term for men those age with those looks, huh? Looks like I learned something new today from you, SN! :)

Again, thanks for the clarification, SN! Much appreciated! :D

berto

I Saw the Devil

The FILM Blade, not the comics. Kamiya didn't say it, ether, it was Kobayashi back when he was promoting DMC4. The interviewer was asking if there was anything else he wanted to add and Kobayashi mentioned that there was a common misconception going around that the game was heavily influenced by the Matrix movie when in reality, if anything, it was the movie Blade that influenced them the most. They were looking to things that had a lot of sword and gunplay which lead them to things like Blade and Black Lagoon.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the whole half human, half something not on the birth certificate list of multiple options, isn't derived from Blade (nor InuYasha) but rather a coincidence. I know the long coat was a thing that they added but later on for design purposes, specifically to give him a sort of trail and movement, but who can say if it was Blade that gave them the idea.

There is a translation of the last DMC art book coming out next year with a really long list of extras including a really long interview that details each game. The information in that book will provably answer a lot, and I mean a lot, of questions.

Top Bottom