• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The conjuring 2

Skagewid

I've just came out from the cinema with @Foxtrot94 . Obviously we have seen the counjuring 2.
It's creepier than the first , with one-two heavy jumpscare (not as the first, who hasn't any jumpscare). The director has used th CGI in some points where it was necessary , not as in the first movie.
Anyway , it is a good movie for the presence of a ****ing """""""""""""""""""""""""""NUN"""""""""""""""""""""""" op that did an inception with another poor soul.
Clou scene : the visit of the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""NUN""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" to Lorraine.

I'm in HYPE for the third movie ( if it will release ).

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I still need to see it. I thought the first film was one of the better mainstream horror flicks that came out in recent memory, and a few friends of mine were saying this one was even better. I like James Wan.

Skagewid

I still need to see it. I thought the first film was one of the better mainstream horror flicks that came out in recent memory, and a few friends of mine were saying this one was even better. I like James Wan.
Yes , better for some reason that I describe in the upper spoiler (
jumpscare and the """"""NUN"""""" op
) .
Follow the wave line of these two movie , in the third ( I hope in a release ) we will see the apotheosis of the horror genre (intended as ghosts , demons , exorcisms and Satan ).

berto

I Saw the Devil
While the stories on these are based on actual events I actually knew about this particular haunting before hand and this is as close to the original events as 300 was to the battle of Thermopylae, which is to say not that much. Names, places, and events are generally understood but there are so many things that aren't actually factual. For one the Warrens didn't actually solve the Enfield Poltergeist, nor were they a big presence in the lives of those people, and I'm 90% positive that the father didn't leave the family to start another one down the block.

In terms of the movie on it's own, it's decent, I've seen better horrors. The Wan films are still the best horror mainstream, they have creepy creatures, goom tempo and build up, and they tend to be satisfying. All in all, though, they always have just as many shortcomings as they do high points so they're always strong but never the best.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@berto
The Conjuring movies aren't meant to be documentaries. They're supposed to differ from the actual events in some ways to serve their own story.

Anyway, in terms of direction, James Wan is absolutely awesome. He moves that camera so damn masterfully. Every shot is so effective because of it and builds tension so well. This film did not disappoint me.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Saw it last week. Probably weakest Wan's film I ever saw. Outside of 2-3 jumpscares, I almost slept through the whole film. That being said, looks like Conjuring just turns into superhero movie about pair battling evil demon and ghosts. Maybe they should rename it into ghostbusters 2.0

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Follow the wave line of these two movie , in the third ( I hope in a release ) we will see the apotheosis of the horror genre (intended as ghosts , demons , exorcisms and Satan ).

Seeing how good this film was, in some ways even better than the first one, I second what Angry Joe said about going all out in the third one, unleashing all the evil stored and dormant in Ed's "trophy room". It would feel a natural progression, seeing how the stakes keep getting higher. And I trust Wan would be able to pull it off, the quality is always up there.

Skagewid

Saw it last week. Probably weakest Wan's film I ever saw. Outside of 2-3 jumpscares, I almost slept through the whole film. That being said, looks like Conjuring just turns into superhero movie about pair battling evil demon and ghosts. Maybe they should rename it into ghostbusters 2.0

You can't compare the conjouring to ghostbuster; we have a good comparison with "The Exorcist" of 1973, seeing the possessions, levitations and alteration of reality. Ghostbuster is more comic and aims to capture the ghost itself.
Maybe you have reason about the creepy, because I don't see horror movie usually.

Seeing how good this film was, in some ways even better than the first one, I second what Angry Joe said about going all out in the third one, unleashing all the evil stored and dormant in Ed's "trophy room". It would feel a natural progression, seeing how the stakes keep getting higher. And I trust Wan would be able to pull it off, the quality is always up there.

I hope too in the Wan's cleverness.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
You can't compare the conjouring to ghostbuster
What @Foxtrot94 said, it wasn't meant to be serious. I just feel that conjuring as franchise is step back from Insidous, with all creativeness invested in first Insidious. (well Insidious 3 was horrible, but it wasn't Wan's film)

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
THough despite I didnt really liked movie, I think
Valak
scenes were pretty awesome especially one mid-film.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
While the stories on these are based on actual events I actually knew about this particular haunting before hand and this is as close to the original events as 300 was to the battle of Thermopylae, which is to say not that much. Names, places, and events are generally understood but there are so many things that aren't actually factual. For one the Warrens didn't actually solve the Enfield Poltergeist, nor were they a big presence in the lives of those people, and I'm 90% positive that the father didn't leave the family to start another one down the block.
You do know that the Warrens are full of sh!t and are absolute frauds don't you?

berto

I Saw the Devil
You do know that the Warrens are full of sh!t and are absolute frauds don't you?
I honestly don't care about the real Warrens, i only brought his up because this particular case was something I was familiar with.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
James Wan is really making a name for himself as a horror director with films like these. I'd go as far to call him this generation's Wes Craven, may that master of horror rest in peace.

Top Bottom