• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Batman

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Looks ok to me.

Not a fan of the batmobile. Looks like a regular car. Makes the scene when it jumps out of the fire kind of unintentionally comical. Like you'd expect some impressive, exceptional car to come outta there but instead you get what looks like a relatively normal vehicle.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted

@absolitude

It looks fun but I prefer the first trailer. It had this moody/mysterious atmosphere that I dug.

Oh well...I'm still excited.

I was awed by this not gonna lie, but yea, not as awed as the first trailer. But I think Matt Reeves is telling us that this movie will have action scenes too while still being moody and mysterious -- as shown in the opening, the diner scene.

gotta add, the cinematography, the palette they felt really fresh and beautiful.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021

Damn. It looks like Matt Reeves is trying to outdo Battfleck as the most antihero take on the character.
Mm, can't wait until people that hated the Batfleck version for not being heroic enough and "too dark" praise this movie for taking it to 11.
"We're criminals, Alfred. We've always been criminals, nothing's changed."

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted

Damn. It looks like Matt Reeves is trying to outdo Battfleck as the most antihero take on the character.

Let's not forget that this movie was supposed to be a Batfleck project, until he walked out and handed it entirely to Reeves. So I think there are some remnants of that project in it, if not mostly, don't think you could do a rewrite so fast and still make it look good in a trailer. I would personally think of this as a younger batfleck, even tho ofc it's not.

And the way he eats those bullets in his year two, i believe he could take on metas or stellars in his later years, whatever the continuation would be.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Let's not forget that this movie was supposed to be a Batfleck project, until he walked out and handed it entirely to Reeves. So I think there are some remnants of that project in it, if not mostly, don't think you could do a rewrite so fast and still make it look good in a trailer. I would personally think of this as a younger batfleck, even tho ofc it's not.

And the way he eats those bullets in his year two, i believe he could take on metas or stellars in his later years, whatever the continuation would be.
I could see the Battfleck elements in the film.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I finally saw the Batman tonight. It was long but I liked it. It felt halfway between a lost Nolan film and its own thing. I was fine with Pattinson's Bruce. He felt like a Bruce that was the mask. It felt like it did a good job balancing the villians but it was still Riddler's film.

I'd be up for a sequel and I'm 50/50% interested if the Joker pops up.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Love this move. Saw it at an early screening a few days before opening weekend. I can't wait for the Blu Ray. It went straight to HBO Max a few days ago in a fast amount of time.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Saw this recently and it really surprised me, my only wish for the next outing is a bit more action and fight scenes.

I wasn't sold on pattinson when he got announced as the lead, but i certainly am now.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Saw this recently and it really surprised me, my only wish for the next outing is a bit more action and fight scenes.
That was intentional, as the director wanted to focus more on the detective aspect of Batman. Just how Batman comics in the 70s were doing with the character. Honestly, I did not mind, and there was plenty of action for what the movie accomplished. I am glad Reeves scaled back on the action, yet he clearly knows how to direct action and framing, unlike Nolan when he did the Dark Knight Trilogy. As much as I like TDK, the action was either okay in these films or lacking. Batman Begins suffers from this the worse and everyone knows it. And as much as I love Batman '89, there is not much detective elements from the character. Hell, any of the live-action 90s Batman films suffer from this. I welcome the change of pace The Batman does.

I wasn't sold on pattinson when he got announced as the lead, but i certainly am now.
History repeats. The same thing happened with Affleck, Bale, and Keaton. Fans got to stop going in to panic mode (not implying or saying you were) and just wait before judging. I already knew Pattison would be a great fit. People gets so hyped for disappoint or overly scared, because of some movie or franchise the actors' did in their careers fans hate or don't enjoy. I don't like the Twilight films, but I sure as hell don't hate any of the actors in them doing their job. Plus, nearly all of the actors and entire production hated doing those movies, and none of them have positive feeling on Stephanie Myer. That makes them okay in my book.

Top Bottom