• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Batman

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Not gona lie I was super skeptical of this movie, and of robert Pattinson

But I have been silenced and can't wait to see it now

It's been confirmed it is 2 years into batman's career
So, basically after the events of "Gotham." I have a feeling it's not in the same universe, but it seems like DC wanted "Gotham" to get a green light, and build the story, so they could release this kind of Batman film.

berto

I Saw the Devil
There was a rumor that Willem Dafoe would play the Joker here, though rumors are nothing but. Still, I'd love to see him play the part. I also wondered if Joaquin Phoenix would be the one to take the role when I first saw the trailer and that this might be a continuation to that, though, I doubt it. I'm just glad it's not the replacement for Batfleck because I still want to see him do that role in the main series.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I loved it and its the DC film i want to see the most.

It makes me wanna go play the telltale Batman games/arkham origins now.

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Damn, with this, Tenet, and The Devil All The Time, Robert Pattinson is on fire. Love the teaser, can't wait for the movie.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021

Without looking it up or right clicking, can anyone tell who this actor is? I already know the answer, but I wanna know if anyone else knows. Because reasons.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It's colin farrell, which I know as he talked about it on radio here in ireland a while back

About the transformation he would be going through

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Without looking it up or right clicking, can anyone tell who this actor is? I already know the answer, but I wanna know if anyone else knows. Because reasons.
I know who its supposed to be but i didn't recognize him.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Yeap, it's Colin Farrell. Some photos leaked earlier on that led people to believe he'd play Penguin with a "Grindelwald Lite" look on account of his hair, and then the trailer goes and shows him resembling Alfred Molina more. Haha.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Okay, am I the only one who got a Burton meets Nolan vibe from it? I mean it feels a bit more comic book like yet kinda film noir, least to me (Like Burton's Batman) but also gritty and serious (Like Nolan's Batman). It's up there as one of my most hyped movies for next year now (It's between it and Halloween Kills for my number 1 most hyped. My love for superheroes and Batman is clashing with my love for horror and Michael Myers on this one)

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Okay, am I the only one who got a Burton meets Nolan vibe from it? I mean it feels a bit more comic book like yet kinda film noir, least to me (Like Burton's Batman) but also gritty and serious (Like Nolan's Batman). It's up there as one of my most hyped movies for next year now (It's between it and Halloween Kills for my number 1 most hyped. My love for superheroes and Batman is clashing with my love for horror and Michael Myers on this one)

nope, i'm feeling it too, it's the tone, mood and asmopheric aspect in the visuals. In fact, i feel like it's a fine mic of burton's, nolan's (in realism), and snyder's (in the batman being raw, brutal, and the movie being grandeur of still feeling comical yet maintains the realism)

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Eh, a little bit. And I'm a big Dark Knight Rises fan.

absolitude

Matt Reeves cited this comic as an inspiration for his take on Batman.

i can imagine how that would turn out as an inspiration, Bruce wayne is channeling his rage, trauma and troubled mind by being batman.. he'll be selfish, proud, arrogant, brutal and ignorant. There's bound to be a hell lot of drama going on between him and heavily worried alfred.

Honestly, I've never been this excited with a movie trailer, sure wish i did a reaction video

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

"The Batman" gets a spinoff tv show set during ''Year one" of his career. For reference, the movie is described as being "Year two". It focuses more on the GCPD's reaction to his reveal than his reveal itself.

absolitude

yZWcuBSH4P9H9xNDpLVs7jdU5J5haqAk6CB2HTGo1PlBqPhR4241qG_L7fD_SVAPoJDqH-LOpzY16myxiKmc762j5Rz4C46rxk66UNZTbJdA3EqI8ShlOXA9OBvQVH9Z3PTHRBRZ03rwbp4YB9wUKCj4Ovwx11OLZtK3qBdsqF73mNlv
636058430817422393-SS-T1-0025.jpg
Suicide-Squad-Burned-Joker.jpg

these looks from leto's joker, would be perfect in a noir themed reeves' batman don't you think? well i'm not talking bout his acting, just the looks

Top Bottom