• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Thanks, appreciation, and of course, Batman...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I was going to do this tomorrow since that's the day it says I actually signed up. But since I got the trophy now it seems appropriate to me. Would you look at this trophy - Watcher of Time:

You've been registered for nine years now! Think you can make it to a decade?

I mean c'mon. I've made it this far. I'm sure another year won't kill me (I hope!).

So to officially kick this thing off...

Hiya, gang. Batm...LoD, reporting in. Here to celebrate and appreciate nine years spent amongst the forums. 9 flippin' years! That's longer than I've been with my fiancée (don't tell her though, she thinks she's my first love). I'm kidding...kind of.

Where do I begin?

Well, it's great to still be here. I guess that's a good start. This place has always been special to me, and it's the only online community that I genuinely care about. I am over on REN, but I never had the same connection for the RE games as I did for the DMC ones. And over these past nine years I've got to be a part of this community, and I'm extremely glad that I joined up all of those years ago. There's been a lot of good memories that I've had here. A few bad ones too, but that's to be expected (it can't all be happy days), and I always focus on the positives anyway.

This place has changed a lot since I first started out here (still upset about the arcade...jk) what with redesigns and members coming and going. I almost feel like part of the decor now. But honestly, I've grown up with this site. When I first joined I was this immature 16 year old that was posting silly things, and just much more of an idiot than I am now (believe it or not). But over the years I've enjoyed maturing along with this forum just as I've grown up in real life and dealt with more responsibilities. I don't think I could've been a moderator the first few years I was here because I didn't have the experience, maturity and the capability of handling responsibilities like I do now. It's been an enjoyable experience sharing my thoughts and feelings with the amazing people here, and making friends and helping others out. I've got a lot to be thankful for;

I'm glad that we have such a great and generally well-behaved community here, with a lot of incredibly friendly and helpful members. You really help to make it a pleasant atmosphere, and we can't thank you guys enough for it. We honestly can't.

And before I wrap things up, I'd also just like to personally say thanks to the rest of the staff here. You guys do a wonderful job with moderating this forum (I should know), and you put a lot of hard work into what you do to keep this place running smoothly. It doesn't go unappreciated, so thank you immensely!

Cheers for all the good times dmc.org. You're all a great bunch of people, and it's a wonderful community. And I'm glad that I'm a part of it. As I hopefully will be for many more years to come. What else can I possibly say?...

...Nothing =) <3

DDutchguy

DmC hype
With posts like these, it almost feel like the veteran members here are family. People sharing their troubles, what they're thinking, what's going well for them in their life... I've been here for barely two months and it's very clear that this is far more than your average gaming forum.

@Dark Drakan, @Steve Powell and other people involved, you've all created a very special place here and I'm sure none of you would have guessed it would turn out this way. Thank you.

On-topic, it's good to have you here Bru- err LordOfDarkness. Hopefully I'll make it to 9 years as well.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Been a pleasure having you here all this time and thanks for all your hard work watching over events for us and all the contributions you have given. We cant thank you enough for everything you have done to help us out and keep things going on a day to day basis. :thumbsup:

With posts like these, it almost feel like the veteran members here are family. People sharing their troubles, what they're thinking, what's going well for them in their life... I've been here for barely two months and it's very clear that this is far more than your average gaming forum.

@Dark Drakan, @Steve Powell and other people involved, you've all created a very special place here and I'm sure none of you would have guessed it would turn out this way. Thank you.

On-topic, it's good to have you here Bru- err LordOfDarkness. Hopefully I'll make it to 9 years as well.

We are always very thankful for people choosing to spend their free time browsing our forums (especially when that time stretches years) and for all the hard work creating threads for us all to talk about and contributing in any form to keep us going year on year.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@DDutchguy: Thanks a lot man. Yeah it is like a family, it's one big community. And I hope you stick around and have just as much of a nice time as I have.

@Dark Drakan: It's been a pleasure to be a part of this place and to help in whatever way I can. I appreciate your kind words.

@Rebel Dynasty: Thanks, Rebz. We'll see, huh ;)

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
This forum wouldn't be the same without a certain dark avenger scouring the threads from his gargoyle perch. A hearty thank-you from us doddering DMC fanboys who you have to put up with on a daily basis...your contributions make this forum a great place to be.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
What, it's only been 9 years? Could have fooled me.
giphy.gif

Rock on, LoD!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You've helped cover the server bills countless times over, man. You're one of the main reasons we're still online. <3

Here's to nine more years!

(then you can jog on)

And it's been a pleasure to help out whenever I've had the opportunity to. Keeping dmc.org alive and going is paramount, so it's no trouble at all.

Here's to many more years to come!

(then I quit)

Where does the time go? :cool:

I came for the batman but im a stay for the appreciation and say that your a cool dude and its been cool knowing you:blush::wink:.

I really don't know. It feels like no time at all, but actually, it's been almost a decade...A friggin' decade. It's crazy!

Thanks man. You've always been a nice cool guy to talk to :)

This forum wouldn't be the same without a certain dark avenger scouring the threads from his gargoyle perch. A hearty thank-you from us doddering DMC fanboys who you have to put up with on a daily basis...your contributions make this forum a great place to be.

It's no trouble 'putting' up with you DMC/DmC fanboys. Besides the "Who's the better Dante?", and the "DmC sucks" posts, everything's pretty relaxed. I'm kidding, the lot of you behave generally well for the most part so it certainly makes our jobs a bit easier. Thanks for being one of those members that happily contributes with your thoughtful posts, and pleasantness. It's appreciated from our end, too.

What, it's only been 9 years? Could have fooled me.
giphy.gif

Rock on, LoD!

All in a days work...well, all in nine years work.

Hey look, I'm giving myself a thumbs up :thumbsup: lol

This forum isn't like others and for me, you've played a big part in that since day one. It's always a pleasure to see you around the forum :thumbsup:

You're most welcome. I tend to greet all new members the same way as I'd wish to be treated. Unless they're not very nice people, then they tend to just get banned after a month or two and we forget all about them.

You've always been a friendly guy to have around. Thanks for that, it's a pleasure both ways!

Top Bottom